New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Good evening! I'm planning to buy a car for my family.. but i'm still thinking...

kung what is the best car dito sa pinagpipilian ko..

thanks! need advise.. its my first time to post here..

Godbless us all!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenne08 View Post
    Good evening! I'm planning to buy a car for my family.. but i'm still thinking...

Godbless us all!
    May thread na na ganito rin recently dito sa tsikot, Innova nanalo since better safety and overall performance.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    May thread na na ganito rin recently dito sa tsikot, Innova nanalo since better safety and overall performance.

Read more: http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...#ixzz1cw117hoF

OK thanks! Ry_tower

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    There should have been a new facelift for the Innova. But given the floods in Thailand, this will be postponed temporarily.

Innova owner here. But if I had to do it again, I'd still go for Innova (over the choices you are choosing)

The adventure super sports we looked at, had inadequate hip and legroom for all passengers. For some reason, the vehicle's floor is raised quite high (like old ancient SUV like the HILUX SURF).

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glenne08 View Post

Godbless us all!
    Sir, if you have time to read kindly just hang-a-bit with me here in describing them as partly an owner and a user of the said vehicles in question.... This is an edited or cut-out version from my previous post pertaining to the same comparos in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

Sir Roelrpt,

We now own an Innova D-4D, which actually is my wife's new service car. We also have a Crosswind and Adventure since 2003. We got the Innova quite cheap and due to a good deal way back when Toyota was introducing its 2012 Hilux and Fortuner at the Tent in Taguig. It was a good deal that was hard to pass. We traded off the Adventure for the new Innova D-4D E model.

While all are 2.5-litre diesel engines, the Innova uses a CRDi engine while the Crosswind's engine is an old but highly reliable 1997 old diesel engine. The Adventure is also using an old-tech engine. The Innova has got more boost-pressure due to its newer turbocharger, while the Crosswind. Therefore, the Innova offers better power, acceleration than the two.

Just remember that any additional power that comes out from the Innova compared to the Crosswind or to the Adventure is largely all about added boost pressure ---- NOTHING MORE. Tanggalan mo ng turbochargers mga yan, pare-pareho lang silang mahihina, kahit CRDi pa ang Innova.... While the Innova is faster and more powerful than the two old-tech Isuzu and Mitsubishi, it's really NOTHING spectacular. In the same context, German-diesels are relatively powerful than the Japanese-diesels of the same engine-displacement because Germans are fond of utilising twin-turbos or dual-staged turbochargers against the Jap's single-turbocharger, where some are even using just wastegate-type turbocharger. Again, largely it's all about boosting....

Both the Innova, Crosswind, Adventure engines do NOT have intercoolers....

In terms of fuel-economy, all are good.

In terms of manoeuvring manners, all are also good ---- Puedeng mong ipagsingitan kahit saan, kahit pa sa traffic. You can change lanes outright at will with any of these vehicles; it's a point-and-shoot manoeuvring with any of them, precise steering.

In terms of frontal-and-peripheral visions as a driver, the Crosswind and the Adventure offers way way better frontal and peripheral visions for the driver in totality ---- The windshield side-panels of the Crosswind and Adventure are not too slopey like the Innova. Especially at night time, the Innova has quite significant blind-spots side-to-side when you're the one driving. It's even worse than the blind spots you get from a Strada/Monterosport.

In terms of durability and dependability, i still do not know as of yet since the Innova is just new (just a tad over the 1000 km break-in mark) ---- However, our old 2003 Crosswind has served us well for the last 320,000 km, and counting, without any engine troubles. It runs the way it has always ran since Day 1 of owning it. We traded-off the Adventure after 134,000 km odo.

Goodluck sir!
    By the way sir, i was corrected by another gentleman forumer that the Adventure's engine is actually naturally-aspirited diesel engine, not turbocharged like the Crosswind ;)

If i may also add sir ---- Huwag naman Sportivo as it comes highly-priced, and in my opinion, it's overrated for the old 1997 engine that goes with it.... let alone that it's highly dependable though. Besides, compared to the other Crosswind variants, according to others, it gives a jolty ride (matagtag) since it has a taller stance than them. Mausok pa hehe....

Taka nga rin ako sir eh, mahal pa Sportivo kaysa sa 2004 CRDi engine-model Philippine-DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ LS and LX 4x2 ....Ibang klase, only in the Phelippens hehe

GOD bless you as a family as well, and always sir....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Sportivo is actually more expensive than the top of the line Innova which is leagues ahead in every aspect except the toys department. Very, very overpriced I should say. And it's a lot more sluggish than its lower variant brethren due to the efforts to make it look like an SUV. If you're set on getting a Crosswind, hanggang XTi variant lang.

If the Crosswind's engine is from the mid to late 90s, the Adventure's 4D56 hails from the 80s! And its in the exact same configuration as the one found in the L300! Better stay away then.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Our family currently owns an Innova diesel MT and a Sportivo MT.
    Kung sa ride quality, mas gusto ko ang Innova dahil totoong matagtag ang Sportivo.
    Sa FC naman halos pareho lang sila, lamang lang ng konti ang Sportivo.
    Kung sa maintenance naman, tipid na tipid ang Sportivo, e halos ala nang maintenance yung sa amin after the third year pero hangga ngayon ayun no issues parin.

If it will be your daily drive, choose the Innova due to its lower stance and car-like features, but if you like to have a go anywhere, hassle free type of car, choose the Sportivo.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    No offense with Sportivo owners since i wala akong isuzu.. Feeling ko kasi if I will be spending 1M for a sportivo, feeling ko hindi worth it, kasi sobrang luma na ang design compared sa innova..... Just my opinion.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post

By the way sir, i was corrected by another gentleman forumer that the Adventure's engine is actually naturally-aspirited diesel engine, not turbocharged like the Crosswind ;)

[/COLOR]
    Wow. I'm a Gentleman! haha

back to topic:

The Innova is better in all aspects. and is leagues better. among the three, though the two looks like SUV's, all of it cannot go off road. If i were you, i'd take the Innova. It's like a big honda jazz of AUV's. Very easy to drive and well, comfortable. The innova is quicker than the two but compared to other cars, it's not that fast pero for everyday drivin, it's GOOD.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Crosswind Sportivo - Expensive, slow, old tech
    Adventure Super Sport - Luxurious, old tech pero refined, complicated spare tyre cover
    Innova E - Medyo bare (ng konti) pero does the job done, Modern.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Innova e mt d4d vs isuzu sportivo mt vs mitsubishi adventure super sports