New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 167 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Oks lang naman ang speed limit basta wag lang lalagpas ng 120kph. Baka maaksidente pa lalo kung tingin ng tingin sa speedo. hehe.

In fairness, okay naman ang NLEX. Tingin ko justified naman ng toll fee rates ang improvement na ginagawa nila.
    That's what I mean kung legal pa 120kph yun ang i-post and enforce strictly it with higher fine say 5k para me other source of revenue for maintenance para hindi na mag taas ng toll fee.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    As far as i know, 80kph is the real speed limit. This one's from Republic Act 4136, otherwise known as the "Land Transportation and Traffic Code". As far as i know, this one has not yet been amended.

CHAPTER IV
    TRAFFIC RULES

ARTICLE I
    Speed Limit and Keeping to the Right

Section 35. Restriction as to speed. -

(a) Any person driving a motor vehicle on a highway shall drive the same at a careful and prudent speed, not greater nor less than is reasonable and proper, having due regard for the traffic, the width of the highway, and of any other condition then and there existing; and no person shall drive any motor vehicle upon a highway at such a speed as to endanger the life, limb and property of any person, nor at a speed greater than will permit him to bring the vehicle to a stop within the assured clear distance ahead.

(b) Subject to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the rate of speed of any motor vehicle shall not exceed the following:

MAXIMUM ALLOWABLE SPEEDS Passengers
    Cars and Motorcycle Motor trucks and buses
    1. On open country roads, with no "blinds corners" not closely bordered by habitations. 80 km. per hour 50 km. per hour
    2. On "through streets" or boulevards, clear of traffic, with no " blind corners," when so designated. 40 km. per hour 30 km. per hour
    3. On city and municipal streets, with light traffic, when not designated "through streets". 30 km. per hour 30 km. per hour
    4. Through crowded streets, approaching intersections at "blind corners," passing school zones, passing other vehicles which are stationery, or for similar dangerous circumstances. 20 km. per hour 20 km. per hour

(c) The rates of speed hereinabove prescribed shall not apply to the following:

(1) A physician or his driver when the former responds to emergency calls;

(2) The driver of a hospital ambulance on the way to and from the place of accident or other emergency;

(3) Any driver bringing a wounded or sick person for emergency treatment to a hospital, clinic, or any other similar place;

(4) The driver of a motor vehicle belonging to the Armed Forces while in use for official purposes in times of riot, insurrection or invasion;

(5) The driver of a vehicle, when he or his passengers are in pursuit of a criminal;

(6) A law-enforcement officer who is trying to overtake a violator of traffic laws; and

(7) The driver officially operating a motor vehicle of any fire department, provided that exemption shall not be construed to allow unless or unnecessary fast driving of drivers aforementioned.

Section 36. Speed limits uniform throughout the Philippines. - No provincial, city or municipal authority shall enact or enforce any ordinance or resolution specifying maximum allowable speeds other than those provided in this Act.

Section 37. Driving on right side of highway. - Unless a different course of action is required in the interest of the safety and the security of life, person or property, or because of unreasonable difficulty of operation in compliance herewith, every person operating a motor vehicle or an animal-drawn vehicle on a highway shall pass to the right when meeting persons or vehicles coming toward him, and to the left when overtaking persons or vehicles going the same direction, and when turning to the left in going from one highway to another, every vehicle shall be conducted to the right of the center of the intersection of the highway.

Section 38. Classification of highways. - Public highways shall be properly classified for traffic purposes by the provincial board, municipal board or city council having jurisdiction over them, and said provincial board, municipal board or city council shall provide appropriate signs therefor, subject to the approval of the Commissioner. It shall be the duty of every provincial, city and municipal secretary to certify to the Commissioner the names, locations, and limits of all "through streets" designated as such by the provincial board, municipal board or council.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ may iba yatang law na sumasakop sa NLEX, SLEX and other expressways.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Those speed limits only take effect in the absence of a posted limit. If the posted limit is higher, then you follow the posted limit.

However, speed limits are arbitrary, and are based on whatever was "state of the art" at the time. Many modern cars can go faster, safely... trouble is, truck and bus drivers are then encouraged to drive faster than their vehicles can safely go.

Many truckers and bus drivers do 120 km/h or more in the middle of the night on the highways... scary stuff.

-----

There's a group that argues for speed delimiting, and relying on the driver's good sense of when he is going too fast. Unfortunately, that would only work if drivers here had better education and good sense in the first place. 160 km/h in a sports car, for example is much different from doing 160 km/h in a van. And 100 km/h on an open country road is much much different from doing 60 km/h in a school zone. One is faster, but the other is more dangerous.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    aseem agpardaspardas kan tumet ngamin!!!!!!!!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have been zipping by NLEX a couple of times now, first was when i was using my sir.. reached 120 most of the time pero menor agad specially approaching bridges. hehehe so far i have been lucky. second i was using my mom's suv still the same.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    buti na lang nabasa ko tong thread na ito, kanina sa nlex going to san fernando, mga 5 km b4 sfdo exit ay may naka hi lux na highway patrol, nasa outer lane tapos nung umovertake ako lumipat yung patrol sa likod ko sabay ilaw, e balik ako sa inner lane, nung mapansin ko ay 110km/hr pala takbo. siyempre panay ang mura ko sa loob ng auv, yun pala lahat ng over 100kph ay ganun ang nung nasa patrol. gung gagamitin ang matuwid na katuwiran ay ayos pa pala ang mga kolokoy na patrol at nag wawarning lang. swerte lang siguro kasi average ako ng 120kph bago ko nakita yung patrol.
    ingat lang mga tol

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    oo nga may ng huhuli.. pero pag morning wla (ata)
    "ingat" ika nga ni john lloyd

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oops,ngayon ko lang nabasa to ah.buti di ako na-warningan, did up to 140 on my safari a coupla times, was testing how fast it can go (puro kasi city driving e, deprived) thanks for the heads-up

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    from the 2nd Gasoline station to tollway before Meycauyan, I stayed at Overtake lane with average speed of 120kph to 145kph yesterday pm, using a Starex. wala naman humuhuli.

NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]