New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 956 of 1323 FirstFirst ... 85690694695295395495595695795895996096610061056 ... LastLast
Results 9,551 to 9,560 of 13229
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Short story lang and I hope you won't mind. A few years back, a colleauge who owns a toyota lite-ace, like we did, told me about his practice of engaging only the front A/C system, sabi nya para makatipid. I did an experimentation and observed that the A/C Compressor is engaged longer when using only the front A/C rather than when using the backrow also. Translation, the engine will use more fuel because the compressor is a mechanical load. Savings might be insignificant depending on the driving conditions.
    Ok I understand your case. In the contrary, I mean in my case, when I use the ACs in parallel, that is when I travel south to north together with my wife, kids and yaya, I observed a significant fuel consumption which is higher than using only the front AC. Anybody here observed this as well? Or are we just saying here about the AC maintenance which should be operated always in parallel, irregardless of the fuel concern.
    Last edited by leinahtan; February 25th, 2009 at 07:35 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    for those of you who have seen the stock stereo of innova (back portion), are there two rca out. I actually intend to place an amplifier....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Short story lang and I hope you won't mind. A few years back, a colleauge who owns a toyota lite-ace, like we did, told me about his practice of engaging only the front A/C system, sabi nya para makatipid. I did an experimentation and observed that the A/C Compressor is engaged longer when using only the front A/C rather than when using the backrow also. Translation, the engine will use more fuel because the compressor is a mechanical load. Savings might be insignificant depending on the driving conditions.
    Actually, its because your compressor is always engaging more frequent when only the front A/C is on, it is trying to cool the entire cabin and your thermostat is saying that cooling is not enough and will again engage your compressor, whereas if your rear A/C is on in tandem you will actually be cooling your entire cabin faster and the lesser the compressor being engage...less engage...less engine load

About the damp cloth smell, if you use only the front A/C, you are actually cooling half of your cabin, and the other half is less cool and getting hotter in the rear end. Guess what? condensation can leave mist of water on your carpet and seats...and molds will grow ...then the damp cloth smell.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    for those of you who have seen the stock stereo of innova (back portion), are there two rca out. I actually intend to place an amplifier....
    If this is from the older stock stereo....NONE

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post

About the damp cloth smell, if you use only the front A/C, you are actually cooling half of your cabin, and the other half is less cool and getting hotter in the rear end. Guess what? condensation can leave mist of water on your carpet and seats...and molds will grow ...then the damp cloth smell.
    According to what is being posted in forums, turning off the compressor and setting the fan settings into "high" a few minutes before arriving in the destination is best, right?. Well, I get a hint of damp cloth smell after say five minutes in this kind of setting (recirculate on). The smell gets stronger if the recirculate is turned off.

Also all these talk of molds is getting me worried. Right now, my seat cover are those leatherette type. Do you think molds/mildew will grew inside, since they less breathable than the cloth type seat cover? I also carry stuffs in the back like umbrellas and some small cabinet sample boards.

Also how to prevent molds from perpetuating inside (not that I see any)? Turn the rear a/c on also at all times ?What about the temperature setting in front (mine is the auto climate control type)?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If this is from the older stock stereo....NONE
    my innova is the 2008 version...is this stock stereo the old version na walang rca out?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    my innova is the 2008 version...is this stock stereo the old version na walang rca out?
    * atty, it could be, anyways if you want to check the HU, it can be easily removed. Pull out the 3 control knobs of the AC. You can now pry out the center panel exposing the 2 screws in front of the bare HU. Unscrew them. Pull out your HU. Done.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post

Also how to prevent molds from perpetuating inside (not that I see any)? Turn the rear a/c on also at all times ?What about the temperature setting in front (mine is the auto climate control type)?
    Yes, do turn on the rear A/C at all times, If you have auto climate front then that's well good.

Clean and dry cabin will help prevent molds, if you have garage just let small window openings even once a week to recirculate air inside the cabin and dries up damp areas. Molds don't grow on dry surface.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    * atty, it could be, anyways if you want to check the HU, it can be easily removed. Pull out the 3 control knobs of the AC. You can now pry out the center panel exposing the 2 screws in front of the bare HU. Unscrew them. Pull out your HU. Done.
    Re-arrange ko lang Bro.

*attyallanlatras

For older Innova's prior to 2009 facelifted version.

1. Pull out the 3 control knobs of the AC
    2. Remove 2 screws holding the center panel.
    3. Pry out the center panel exposing the 2 screws in front of the bare HU. Unscrew them. Pull out your HU. Done.

Someone, already posted a wiring diagram/back panel of the stock Fujitsu HU in this thread, I just could not sort it out where I have put mine which I have downloaded from here. Kindly try searching it in this thread.

I have used that diagram to install additional 4 Bose bookshelf type active speakers

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Re-arrange ko lang Bro.

*attyallanlatras

For older Innova's prior to 2009 facelifted version.

1. Pull out the 3 control knobs of the AC
    2. Remove 2 screws holding the center panel.
    3. Pry out the center panel exposing the 2 screws in front of the bare HU. Unscrew them. Pull out your HU. Done.

Someone, already posted a wiring diagram/back panel of the stock Fujitsu HU in this thread, I just could not sort it out where I have put mine which I have downloaded from here. Kindly try searching it in this thread.

I have used that diagram to install additional 4 Bose bookshelf type active speakers
    I have seen the post of the rear of the stock stereo of Innova. Indeed walang rca out. I was told that if I place a converter para may rca out sya before installing an amplifier. posible daw na yung converter will be the source of static noice...is this so? has anyone experience that already? I wasnt kasi na mag-install ng jbl amp and replace the front speakers with jbl separates, without subwoofer muna. Will I be doing it right?