New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hilikus View Post
    Im not talking about the app sir just the amount of information on methodology in the recent posts. And thats what i mean, if theres an app that can help us with the computation or even just verify what our gauges say, thats better. Heck thats why apps are made, to make things easier right? I just dont see myself going to all those troubles just to verify if my gauge is lying or not or tamad lang talaga ako and mahina sa math?
    I actually like numbers so I don't see tracking as a chore. I find it quite fun. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I actually like numbers so I don't see tracking as a chore. I find it quite fun. [emoji16]

Jut, some folks find such a chore to be fun but not for everybody. It takes a geek to appreciate another geek.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    OT galore na tayo. So ano ng FC ni rush? Sa gauge, sa app saka sa geek method ha? 😂

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hilikus View Post
    Wow so much overthinking about fuel economy and consumption. Arent those modern gauges for that purpose? To make life easier? Just sayin guys
    Yun nga eh. Meron fuel consumption readout yung MID ng Rush pero wala naman average speed - kaya dun kulang yung context kung ano ba talaga ang city and highway economy.

OT galore na tayo. So ano ng FC ni rush? Sa gauge, sa app saka sa geek method ha? ��
    Sa gauge nabanggit na ni levisph yung mga readings nya sa MID. Backread ka na lang mga five pages. The App and the Geek method pareho lang iyan since the app only keeps track of whatever you input during each fill-up. Of course, wala pa long-term average for now.

I think I still have Lotus spreadsheets somewhere on the FC of my first few cars....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My Mazda 3 and Vios before didn't have MIDs. I would just classify trips as light/moderate/heavy city, mixed, or highway driving.

Not as accurate as average speed, but over several thousand km you would get a pretty good ballpark for each traffic condition.

Disappointing that a million peso car like the Rush doesn't even have an average speed reading in its MID.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Jut, some folks find such a chore to be fun but not for everybody. It takes a geek to appreciate another geek.
    This is just me, i would rather track fuel cost spend/mo than geek method if im so concious about saving on fuel. Choosing where you gas up (cheaper) is easier.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjoen View Post
    This is just me, i would rather track fuel cost spend/mo than geek method if im so concious about saving on fuel. Choosing where you gas up (cheaper) is easier.
    I spend 14k/month on fuel. Is my car thirsty or thrifty?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I have been reading forums for over a decade. Many people just throw around random numbers with no reliable methodology for how they got them.

It's not that hard to track the FC if you have the app. It takes me less than a minute to input the fill up entry, much less than the waiting time for my receipt and credit card sign sheet.

It's not rocket science, it's very simple:

1. Input your odometer reading
    2. Input total fuel filled in liters
    3. Input average speed

The app does all the computation and tracking for you.

an app may not even needed, just logged items #1 and #2 will suffice. and instead of average speed, it can be substituted with the amount of the fuel. a monthly record or at least 4 fills will do. the difference of odo reading will give you the total kms travelled. dividing it with the total liters filled will give the km/liter consumption. you drive slow or fast, city or highway driving, it does not matter. the total distance (kms) travelled and liters filled are what you need. the total amount is another exciting thing. it gives an idea how much you spent each month. moreover, dividing the total amount with total kms travelled will give an indication of peso/km consumption. you will end up thinking whether filling up with more expensive type of fuel or a cheaper fuel mix will give more value for your money.

btw, anong app gamit mo bro? makes it more easier...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by monty_GTV; June 15th, 2018 at 01:26 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    you drive slow or fast, city or highway driving, it does not matter. the total distance (kms) travelled and liters filled are what you need.
    It matters because quantitative (avg speed) or qualitative (city/mixed/hway) identifiers are the only way to make your FC number relevant to other people or to your previous fillups.

For example, my Civic's overall average is 11.2 km/L, while my CRV is 5.7 km/L. It looks like the difference is so big, but in reality it's because the Civic is used for lots of out of town driving while the CRV is used almost exclusively in heavy traffic. If I only filter the heavy city driving, the Civic only gets 6.4 km/L, which is the more comparable number to the CRV's FC.

Another example, last night I got 13.9 km/L, while my previous fillup was 6.5 km/L even with the same car. What's the difference? Provincial driving vs city driving.

btw, anong app gamit mo bro? makes it more easier...

I use Fuelly/aCar bro.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    It matters because quantitative (avg speed) or qualitative (city/mixed/hway) identifiers are the only way to make your FC number relevant to other people or to your previous fillups.

For example, my Civic's overall average is 11.2 km/L, while my CRV is 5.7 km/L. It looks like the difference is so big, but in reality it's because the Civic is used for lots of out of town driving while the CRV is used almost exclusively in heavy traffic. If I only filter the heavy city driving, the Civic only gets 6.4 km/L, which is the more comparable number to the CRV's FC.

Another example, last night I got 13.9 km/L, while my previous fillup was 6.5 km/L even with the same car. What's the difference? Provincial driving vs city driving.

I use Fuelly/aCar bro.

i got your point. it matters when you want to isolate city or hiway/provincial driving. for simplicity and averaging in a certain period of time, i skipped the speed as i want to measure as per the merit of my normal driving habit. i don't want to drive slow or fast thinking about FC. all the while, i got an average of 8.5 km/li calculating from my data. but i know, it get better when in highways or maybe when i have lighter foot in the pedal. the MID sometimes showed 10-11km/li but I don't rely to it. also, i observed the wife managed to register a very good 14 km/li, i don't have a clue how she did it. i rarely become a passenger when i am home. i get dizzy with my wife driving [emoji23]

thanks for the app [emoji106] OT na tayo