New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Depends on the traffic. Which is why I agree with the earlier post requesting for average speed data. I wonder though if the Rush has it in its MID.
    It does but not on a per session basis I think. It would be a hassle for the user, if he even considers it, to isolate the average speeds for highway and city driving based on the MID data because he has to reset his "running" average every time. We have it easy since our Civics display a long-term average as well as per session driving stats.

8km/l for 15kph average speed is relatively good, but 8km/l on a faster 20kph average is low. Both are city driving. That's why it's so hard to say a car is fuel efficient without a corresponding average speed.
    Well he did say that the 8 km/l was for his "rush hour" drive so we can guess it's probably around the 8 km/h to 12 km/h range with probably an average of 10 km/h. Mileage of 8 km/l for an average speed of 10km/h is not bad by any measure considering the Rush's configuration (RW-drive, AT, size/weight, large wheels) relative to its engine power.

But yes, the poster (levisph) represents only one data point and he could very well be an experienced hyper miler to be able to pull off that kind of driving economy. We need more data points.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    It does but not on a per session basis I think. It would be a hassle for the user, if he even considers it, to isolate the average speeds for highway and city driving based on the MID data because he has to reset his "running" average every time. We have it easy since our Civics display a long-term average as well as per session driving stats.
    My Civic's average speed does not reset per trip, I have to reset it manually every full tank. I always fill up before going out on the highway to isolate city driving from highway driving. I don't find it a hassle at all.

Well he did say that the 8 km/l was for his "rush hour" drive so we can guess it's probably around the 8 km/h to 12 km/h range with probably an average of 10 km/h. Mileage of 8 km/l for an average speed of 10km/h is not bad by any measure considering the Rush's configuration (RW-drive, AT, size/weight, large wheels) relative to its engine power.

But yes, the poster (levisph) represents only one data point and he could very well be an experienced hyper miler to be able to pull off that kind of driving economy. We need more data points.
    Rush hour when I go from my house in Pasig to BGC is 6 km/L. Rush hour when I go from my fiance's condo from QC to BGC is 7.5 km/L. I consider both to be rush hour driving but QC to BGC has a higher average speed.

That's why again, average speed is a very important number that helps put FC figures into better perspective. Otherwise it's all speculation and assumption.

I understand not everyone is as meticulous in tracking FC, which is why I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt until I see their methodology.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    My Civic's average speed does not reset per trip, I have to reset it manually every full tank. I always fill up before going out on the highway to isolate city driving from highway driving. I don't find it a hassle at all.
    I didn't say that it did - but the MID does conveniently show average fuel consumption per trip/session and for each fill up - which is what levisph wouldn't have such an easy time of doing in separately computing for his highway and city drives.

That's why again, average speed is a very important number that helps put FC figures into better perspective. Otherwise it's all speculation and assumption.

I understand not everyone is as meticulous in tracking FC, which is why I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt until I see their methodology.
    I do not question the use of sound methodology. But even the full tank method falls short of isolating highway and city FC. And not everyone has the luxury or discipline of gassing up and resetting their counters before a highway or city drive like you do. So in the absence of those, I'm just trying to get as much useful information as I can extrapolate from levisph's post.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Please also include your average speed with the fuel consumption. Helps us compare against other vehicles.
    Apologies I forgot to include average rush hour speed. This is mostly EDSA - Taft - Gil Puyat - Makati CBD route:
    - Morning: 30 to 50 kph depending on the time/traffic
    - Evening: 20 to 40 kph normally. Edsa crawl in the evening is even slower at times - 10 to 15 kph

I am still in the process of monitoring this figure. Will post another update after a month.

Hope this helps.

Addendum: I made sure to track my ODO reading whenever I filled up the gas tank so I can compute number of kms traveled vs number of liters consumed. Specific to the Bolinao trip, I deliberately topped up after specic sections/legs to ensure isolation of the FC readings.

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Does the Rush have an average speed entry in the multi info display? You can reset it together with your fuel consumption every fill up so you can get a better reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by levisph View Post
    Apologies I forgot to include average rush hour speed. This is mostly EDSA - Taft - Gil Puyat - Makati CBD route:
    - Evening: 20 to 40 kph normally. Edsa crawl in the evening is even slower at times - 10 to 15 kph

I am still in the process of monitoring this figure. Will post another update after a month.

Hope this helps.

Addendum: I made sure to track my ODO reading whenever I filled up the gas tank so I can compute number of kms traveled vs number of liters consumed. Specific to the Bolinao trip, I deliberately topped up after specic sections/legs to ensure isolation of the FC readings.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006

Hope this helps.

That's not what we mean by average speed. Most decent new cars have average speed meters in their MID. It's basically total distance travelled divided by total time your car was running, so it includes all the stops you have in gridlock traffic, all the instances you slow down in an intersection, and so on. You'll be surprised that the average speed between heavy traffic and light traffic in the city is just less than 10 kph.

From experience, purely heavy EDSA traffic is around 12-15 kph. Moderate traffic is around 16-20 kph. Anything above 20 kph average speed is already light traffic.

On the highway, if you drive exclusively on the highways, average speed is usually around 70-80 kph. This is if you cruise around 100-110 kph when the road is open. Again, the number is lower because it considers the time you're moving at 0 kph at the tollgate, or the times that you have to slow down because of a truck.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Does the Rush have an average speed entry in the multi info display? You can reset it together with your fuel consumption every fill up so you can get a better reading.
    Unfortunately no Average Speed as part of the multi info display. Only ODO, Trip A, Trip B, Km/l, Average Km/l is available, plus the clock of course

My Average Km/l so far since I acquired the unit is approximately 10.9 based on the multi info display. This is close when you average my FC trips so far (15 km/l hi-way + 12 km/l mixed + 8 km/l daily commute, divided by 3 is 11.6)

Most likely the Multi Info Display Computer is more accurate. This is related to the input provided by jut703 regarding Average Speed computation (I.e. Slow speed during stops/tolls combined with average cruising speed)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Unfortunately no Average Speed as part of the multi info display. Only ODO, Trip A, Trip B, Km/l, Average Km/l is available, plus the clock of course

My Average Km/l so far since I acquired the unit is approximately 10.9 based on the multi info display. This is close when you average my FC trips so far (15 km/l hi-way + 12 km/l mixed + 8 km/l daily commute, divided by 3 is 11.6)

Most likely the Multi Info Display Computer is more accurate. This is related to the input provided by jut703 regarding Average Speed computation (I.e. Slow speed during stops/tolls combined with average cruising speed)
    The mileage displayed by the MID is only an approximation. Most of the time it's off by around 0.2 to 0.5 km/l. But depending on car make and/or driving conditions, it can be off by as much as 1 km/l sometimes.

Since your MID does not show average speed, the most accurate way to get your average FC is still the full tank method wherein you divide total distance travelled by the amount of fuel put in. We could start with that figure and then try to validate backwards to determine the MID's accuracy for your highway and city FC figures.

Thank you for the updates.

By the way, are you an eco-conscious driver who likes to see the eco indicator turn green all the time? Or are you the devil may care upak type?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The mileage displayed by the MID is only an approximation. Most of the time it's off by around 0.2 to 0.5 km/l. But depending on car make and/or driving conditions, it can be off by as much as 1 km/l sometimes.

Since your MID does not show average speed, the most accurate way to get your average FC is still the full tank method wherein you divide total distance travelled by the amount of fuel put in. We could start with that figure and then try to validate backwards to determine the MID's accuracy for your highway and city FC figures.

Thank you for the updates.

By the way, are you an eco-conscious driver who likes to see the eco indicator turn green all the time? Or are you the devil may care upak type?
    the mid is approximating? nag dadagdag bawas ba?

doesnt it use ecu information? injection ml per millisecond and speed sensors?

FOCUS

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    the mid is approximating? nag dadagdag bawas ba?

doesnt it use ecu information? injection ml per millisecond and speed sensors?

FOCUS
    That's the assumption. But have you ever had your actual computed mileage using the full tank method align perfectly with your MID's readings? My limited experience across several car brands over the last decade is that the FC indicated by the MID is almost always optimistic by varying degrees. And that is why we'd like the poster to achieve a base line. Of course it would be ideal if the car is gassed up in the same station using the same type fuel and using the automatic click method.

But who knows, baka naman super accurate yung reading ng Rush since it is very new. But I'm not counting on it until we have proof and more data.