New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon23 View Post
    I totally agree with you guys on this one, that said sayang talaga yung Rush. They should have really considered putting a 1.8 engine in it tho that may have bumped up the price tag much higher where it may conflict with the Innova price range.

But then again Im still looking forward to more actual driving experience feedback from new owners

Who knows, it may not be really as bad as we fear it will be.
    Its bad bec we have bad traffic

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    antagal ng naka-display nitong rush sa sm calamba and 1 time lang ako naka-timing na naka-unlock ang doors. bakit kaya?

on the other hand, never pa na-display ang expander sa mall na to.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mabenta naman ang Avanza kahit malakas sa gas.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Most affordable 7 seater and less competition when it was released perhaps? I dont think veloz is doing good in the market either

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

honda i-dsi engine. 8-valve. 8-spark plug

hirap din umabot sa redline. but is actually usable at around 1100RPM. most gas engines nowadays are completely lifeless at this low RPM
    the infamous Honda torque and powerband. mataas pero dapat sa high rev.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    juts ano yun celerios pablosius

6. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Hi Everyone.

I would just like to share our experience with our Rush which we acquired recently (Rush 1.5 G AT).

We drove from Manila to Bolinao/Alaminos last weekend and I made sure to take note of the fuel consumption. Details Below:

Going to Bolinao
    - Route: EDSA, NLEX, SCTEX, Exit at Paniqui, National Roads going to Bolinao (Camiling, Romulo Hiway, Tarlac-Pangasinan Rd, Olongapo-Bugallon Rd)
    - Encountered traffic at NLEX (road repairs, accidents)
    - Encountered usual provincial road traffic (mostly trikes)
    - Distance Traveled: Approx. 300 kms
    - Travel time: 6am to 3pm
    - Average speed (NLEX, SCTEX, TPLEX) - 100kph to 110 kph, 120 kph when overtaking (based on dashboard speedo, waze gps speedo)
    - Average FC: 12 km/l

Going Back to Manila:
    - Bolinao to Alaminos via National Roads, Alaminos to Dagupan via National Roads, TPLEX via Binalonan on ramp, SCTEX, NLEX, EDSA
    - Encountered traffic at provincial roads (mostly trikes)
    - Slowdown of traffic/driving speed due to heavy downpour (between 7PM to 8PM)
    - Distance Traveled: Approx. 320 kms
    - Travel Time: 6pm to 12mn
    - Average speed (TPLEX, SCTEX, NLEX) - 110 kph to 120 kph, 130~135 kph when overtaking (based on dashboard speedo, waze gps speedo)
    - Average FC: 15.5 km/l

Notes:
    - Passengers: 3 (including driver) plus 4 days worth of luggage
    - Fuel used: Shell Fuelsave
    - Since it is still break-in period, i made sure to progressively step on the pedal to achieve cruising speed
    - Transmission: I only utilized D (drive) during the entire travel. I did not use 3, 2 yet to manage engine revs/ for overtaking/ascents
    - Given: flooring the gas pedal to overtake pesky trikes

Observations:
    - As predicted, ride is a bit bumpy based on the setup of the Rush
    - Initial movement (1st Gear) is slow but once you get going, it is alright
    - 3K RPM at 100 kph cruising speed, 4K RPM at 120 kph cruising speed. For me, the engine noise during this speed is not really too manic/loud
    - Additional power readily available beyond 4K RPM. Was able to hit 130~135 kph while overtaking (based on dashboard speedo, waze gps speedo)
    - We did not have any issues with the twisties section of the route (mostly between Bolinao - Alaminos)

For reference:
    - I have been driving since 2001
    - Previous rides: 1st Gen Mazda 323 1.6 MT, 2003 Honda City CVT
    - Current rides: 2010 Focus 2.0 TDCI, Rush

Finally, my current daily drive Rush hour (pun not intended) FC is approximately 8 km/l

I am still monitoring the daily FC. Will post another update after 1 month.

Hope this helps

7. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon23 View Post
    I totally agree with you guys on this one, that said sayang talaga yung Rush. They should have really considered putting a 1.8 engine in it tho that may have bumped up the price tag much higher where it may conflict with the Innova price range.

But then again Im still looking forward to more actual driving experience feedback from new owners

Who knows, it may not be really as bad as we fear it will be.
    Hi Everyone.

I would just like to share our experience with our Rush which we acquired recently (Rush 1.5 G AT).

We drove from Manila to Bolinao/Alaminos last weekend and I made sure to take note of the fuel consumption. Details Below:

Going to Bolinao
    - Route: EDSA, NLEX, SCTEX, Exit at Paniqui, National Roads going to Bolinao (Camiling, Romulo Hiway, Tarlac-Pangasinan Rd, Olongapo-Bugallon Rd)
    - Average speed (NLEX, SCTEX, TPLEX) - 100kph to 110 kph, 120 kph when overtaking (based on dashboard speedo, waze gps speedo)

Going Back to Manila:
    - Bolinao to Alaminos via National Roads, Alaminos to Dagupan via National Roads, TPLEX via Binalonan on ramp, SCTEX, NLEX, EDSA
    - Average speed (TPLEX, SCTEX, NLEX) - 110 kph to 120 kph, 130~135 kph when overtaking (based on dashboard speedo, waze gps speedo)

Notes:
    - Since it is still break-in period, i made sure to progressively step on the pedal to achieve cruising speed
    - Transmission: I only utilized D (drive) during the entire travel. I did not use 3, 2 yet to manage engine revs/ for overtaking/ascents

Observations:
    - 3K RPM at 100 kph cruising speed, 4K RPM at 120 kph cruising speed. For me, the engine noise during this speed is not really too manic/loud
    - Additional power readily available beyond 4K RPM. Was able to hit 130~135 kph while overtaking (based on dashboard speedo, waze gps speedo)
    - We did not have any issues with the twisties section of the route (mostly between Bolinao - Alaminos)

For reference:

Finally, my current daily drive Rush hour (pun not intended) FC is approximately 8 km/l

Hope this helps

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    the infamous Honda torque and powerband. mataas pero dapat sa high rev.

halatang hindi binasa yung graph

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    juts ano yun celerios pablosius
    "e ceteris paribus"

latin for "all things being equal". Commonly used economic jargon.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by levisph View Post
    Hi Everyone.

Going to Bolinao

Going Back to Manila:

Notes:

Observations:

For reference:

Hope this helps
    It definitely does - most especially for all the people who are waiting at the sidelines to buy one. Thank you, good sir, for the detailed update. It seems it's not as bad as I, and some others here, initially thought. Ang laki kasi ng gulong eh... Well, pogi naman.