New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    letting the Guy Above help you.

"i'll think about it. if it's meant for me, it'll still be there when i come back in a few days."
    and if it's still there, i might be able to use it to advantage, and get a nice discount.
    heh heh.

i wonder,
    does anyone have local statistics on good buy versus bad buy versus actual scam buy?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Apparently, the thought of having JD look at the car can serve as a deterrent to would-be scammers. I watched one video where the seller allegedly threatened to back out of the deal if JD becomes involved. That says a lot.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Apparently, the thought of having JD look at the car can serve as a deterrent to would-be scammers. I watched one video where the seller allegedly threatened to back out of the deal if JD becomes involved. That says a lot.
    i can just imagine the potential headaches i had just been spared from...
    money well spent.
    no one wants to be fooled.
    heh heh.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i can just imagine the potential headaches i had just been spared from...
    money well spent.
    no one wants to be fooled.
    heh heh.
    That is true. It really pays to have someone older like you here on the forum Doc.
    Tignan nyo naman yung perspective of an elder: " Don't be disappointed kasi malay mo, baka iniwas ka lang ni Lord sa isang masamang pangyayari (dahil scam pala)."

I doubt may statistics about the rate of scams vs. legit transactions, because of the sense of shame on the part of scam victims na na-isahan sila. Sabihin pa ng mga tao: "Ang tanga-tanga naman nun to fall for that"

Scams are not a matter of intelligence though.
    Kaya ang tawag sa mga scammers "Con Men" because they play on the confidence of their victims. They urge you to act fast and throw caution to the wind kasi nakuha ang loob mo (confidence) ng scammer.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    Tama ka bro GA, SRP less 500K. It's a 2022 Fortuner Q.
    mas bago pa pala ito kaysa yung unit ko noon. baka hindi pa nawala yung scent ng amoy bago pag 7K ODO lang sya.
    sabi ko nga pag legit ang unit ay very good na para sa akin ang offered price na yan. new unit for Fort Q is around 2.2m, perhaps this unit was acquired before the price increase took effect.
    pero huwag pa rin kaligtaan ang due diligence para maka siguro.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2021
    ^^^
    Maganda nga yung presyo.

But if inumpisahan ka na ng linya na kinuwento ni Carxynogen, umiwas ka na, modus yun!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=Miles_on;3373572]

I doubt may statistics about the rate of scams vs. legit transactions, because of the sense of shame on the part of scam victims na na-isahan sila. Sabihin pa ng mga tao: "Ang tanga-tanga naman nun to fall for that"

[QUOTE]

this is probably one reason why scams abound.
    the scammed sulk into the corner and do not complain too much, so the "industry" marches on", the perpetrators un-inconvenienced.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles_on View Post
    That is true. It really pays to have someone older like you here on the forum Doc.
    naku, bossing.
    na-loko na rin ako.
    i once un-knowingly purchased an ex-taxi.
    fixing 'er up to decency, taught me many pearls of knowledge pertaining to automotive repair and maintenance.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617