New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    After Ertiga, Suzuki PH to also launch XL7 Hybrid | Autoindustriya

According to an anonymous source within Suzuki PH, the XL7 Hybrid will be making its local debut this 2023. No exact timeline has been set for its arrival.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    parang Honda BRV to..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Suzuki Launches XL7 Hybrid In ASEAN | CarGuide

Compared to the Ertiga Hybrid, the XL7 Hybrid gets a slightly uprated motor (105 horsepower versus 103 horsepower), while torque is the same at 138 Nm. Like Suzuki’s compact MPV, this SUV-fied version is available in both a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic in Indonesia.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Facelifted Suzuki XL7 MHEV coming soon to PH? | TopGear PH

Per Suzuki, the high-riding seven-seater is being exported to 24 countries, and it all consists of the MHEV version.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013

2024 Suzuki XL7 Hybrid Review | Excellence in Value

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Not sure if I agree with Caco on this one.

At 1.25M the XL7 is overpriced and under-equipped in 2024, imho. I am certainly not a fan of that 4-speed AT, and the highway mileage it gets is underwhelming (especially for a car emblazoned with a "hybrid" badge ).

The Honda BR-V is in the same ballpark price-wise and is a more compelling product (much better resale value too). The Maxus D60 is heavily discounted these days (under a million, I believe) and is a better value than the XL7.

But... if Suzuki can successfully lobby coding exemption for this car, then, yes, it is good value.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    But... if Suzuki can successfully lobby coding exemption for this car, then, yes, it is good value.
    there was a part of the video where we can easily see that its license plate... so I guess LTO not recognize the XL7 as a "Hybrid"

However, based on some of my friends/colleagues' experience... as long as "hybrid" is mentioned in the OR/CR, they can easily show it to traffic enforcers (if apprehended)

2nd... I noticed that a lot of Ertiga's and XL7s use the following "temporary plate"

img_3665.jpg