New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Kung bayad naman ang plans at babayaran mo rin sya para maglakad, then there is no reason para mapasubo sa kanya.

He should be able to give a fixed quotation based on the plan and the specification sheet.

Sa architectural items madali kasi either supply mo nga or replace and deduct the cost stated on the itemized quotation.

But don't forget the specs of the other plans, like sa structural ung rebar plan and concrete mixture strength. Sa electrical, brand ng wire, outlets, switches and circuit breakers. For sanitary and plumbing, brand and thickness ng pipes.

Palagay ka na rin ng abang para sa CCTV at internet lines [emoji4]

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Initial talks eh estimate lang. We want an actual cost.
    if i were to be forced to quote an "actual cost", i'd probably give a considerably inflated amount, to cover for possible and probable increase in construction costs.
    "it is easier to give back excess funds, than to ask for more funds."

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if i were to be forced to quote an "actual cost", i'd probably give a considerably inflated amount, to cover for possible and probable increase in construction costs.
    "it is easier to give back excess funds, than to ask for more funds."
    That's what they will do exactly, they will fold in allowances for material wastage, price increase, additional cost and changes na hiling ni owner, but still charge for additional work or change order as they call it. But they're not going to give you back anything. Some will even add separate administration and contingency costs on top of the already bloated quotation.

But what is important is the quality of the contractor because some will charge you the same high quotation of as that of a good one but still turnover poor quality. Better check the background of the contractor, that they have the equipment and the people. Most contractors will just sub contract it to a foreman with a team of laborers. Some foremen do quality work, but malas kung pinipiga lang din ni foreman ang budget for labor and materials. Then expect your floor tiles na may mga kawang, mag peel off ang paint after a year, etc. [emoji23]

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
House Renovation