New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 282 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    by the way, sinabi ko rin sa kanila tungkol sa gunk sa intake manifold and even told them the step by step procedure as mentioned here. Maski sa service advisor na kausap ko, di niya alam bakit may gunk sa manifold e hangin lang dapat yan ang dumadaan. I told them when I return next month to have my 10K PMS done, I want this to be included. Pero nakakatakot kasi di rin pala nila napansin yon.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Altec,

Its nice to know that your monitor is ok now. Yung gunk sa manifold ang pinaka concern ko. Up to now wala paring reply ang kia sa email ko. I'll keep you posted.

To all kia carnival/sedona owners, pag sa idling palang may white smoke yung tail pipe tiyak yun intake manifol accumulation of gunk ang cause noon.

tnx
    Rodski

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Pare, nabasa ko sa isang U.S. mag April 2004 car review. Drive wheels: front. Seating. 2/2/3 engines 3.5Lv6 195hp. Trans 5spd auto. Fuel reg, mpg, 16. The sedona's 3.5L V6 is fairly refined,and the 5 speed auto shifts smoothly. however,the ride is stiff and uncomfortable, and the sedona corners reluctantly and clumsily. wind noise is excessive. the interior shows commendable attention to detail, with lots of storage bins and good fit and finish. convenience features include dual sliding doors, but they lack power operation. the third row seat is 50/50 split bench . the van's heavy weight takes its toll on acceleration and fuel economy, it attained only 16 mpg overall. reliability has dropped to below average.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Addtional info. From the same mag, this time their Oct 2003 issue, comparing minivans.
    With a price that undercuts the competition, the well equipped sedona appears to be a real bargain. however, the ovreall package falls short in this competitive class. we like the sedona's fairly refined and smooth powertrain, well put together interior, and comfortable seats. but clumsy handling, an unsettled ride, and an underpowered engine make the driving experience unpleasant. the sedona gets the worst fuel economy of the group, 16mpg overall. reliability has been average. the sedona's rie is unsettled, with large bouncy motions over bumpy pavement and road imperfections transmitted into the cabin. the highway ride is jiggly, a full load exacerbates the impacts. road noise is well muted but wind noise becomes quite noticeable at highway speeds. a wide 44-foot turning circle hampers manueverability in tight places. handling is reluctant and clumsy with excessive body roll turns. the steering feels numb and is slow to respond, requiring drivers to turn the steering wheela lot for even gentle curves. at our track, the sedona reaced its handling limits at relatively low speeds. in our avoidance maneuver, a lot of quick steering was required to keep it under control.
    the 195hp v6 3.5liter is the least powerful engine in the group but the 5sp auto shifts smoothly. braking was competent, but the pedal felt spongy.
    The interior is impressive for such an inexpensive vehicle. the trim is attractive and materials have good fit and finish. drivers shouldn't have difficulty findinga comfortable sitting position the power leather seats. the two comfortable seats in the second row slide fore and aft, as does the split third row bench. headroom in the rearmost positions is tight, and the lower cushion lacks thigh support. Access to the 1st two rows is very good, but getting to the third row requires a crawl.
    most drivers should find the controls convenient and the gauges clear. the climate and radio controls may be a stretch to reach, however. placement of some switches is confusing. the sedona features a number of storage boxes, bins, and pockets. ten cup and bottle holders are spread throughout the interior. we measured a max cargo volume of 62 cu.ft. the liftgate rises high, but closing it is difficult.

SOOO, ano tingin natin. Agree tayo sa mga sinabi dito?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    what does jiggly highway ride mean? my initial impression with the carnival is that it runs like a train in those conditions. i tend to agree with the wind noise at high speeds but i that can be attributed to the roof rails. amen too to the observation that it is hard to close the tailgate. Ang arte naman nung kinomment na stretch to reach ang radio and climate controls... baka unano ung reviewer. hahaha! can't relate much with the gas engine comments kc mine's a miserly crudeburner.

the carnival really is a highway star in the long stretches of asphalt and is exceptional when climbing up marcos highway but it tends to get less stellar when going the opposite direction -- i still can't get the hang of entering downhill curves with an a/t.

ot pala...
    i read a few weeks ago that as an experiment, philcoa is running its vehicles on a 2% or 3% cocodiesel blend. that same cocodiesel daw is available to the public too. cost is 50 cents higher than reqular diesel.
    i went to philcoa to fill up but they are closed pala on saturdays. the guard is inquired from didn't have any idea that the fuel is available to the public. can anyone there who frequents the area confirm this? the entrance to the philcoa cocodiesel pump is the gate after the petron station before philcoa coming from commonwealth.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey peeps just a word of warning:

when having your J3 diesel engines washed be sure to cover the alternator. its in the upper left side of the engine. after i had my engine washed after a long trip from batangas. a few days after my battery just died. (forgot to cover the alternator, stoopid me:D) my batt's fairly new, just bought it september last year. it was completely drained; the starter couldn't even crank. my guesses are the IC Regulator or the Rectifier. We recharged the battery and run the car for a few hours. alas battery's dead again..btw i know a good electrician that works for delta motors. ngapala this is not the 1st time the alternator conked out. its the 2nd time. thats why i know the symptoms.
    Last edited by benchph1; April 18th, 2004 at 11:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bench 1,

I had my alternator repaired recently. The positive terminal got corroded and eventually broke. I had it repaired by replacing the terminal with a more stronger material. The cause of the corrosion is not covering the alternator when washing the engine.

rodski

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na carnival ko...the culprit is a malfunctioning IC regulator which i have no choice but to replace...

intake manifold cleaning naman susunod.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    In terms of speed, it's one heck of a mover but I have a friend who ran 20k+ on his and it belches smoke like the dickens.

another time I was behind one at a stoplight and it was spewing smoke while just idling! and still another time at the lobby of G4, when it pulled out, people were left covering their noses and fanning their faces.

maybe some owners don't maintain them properly?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, racerx, this is a problem common to most diesel-fed vehicles. There is really a need to strictly adhere to the maintenance schedule to avoid excess emissions.

Page 7 of 282 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]