New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 104 of 282 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 2820
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ripped the map off ti8245's post on the mang mario thread (my apologies, ti8245). his address is 146 fort santiago st., very near the tricycle terminal there. tel. no. 9201708.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    toybeats, welcome bro... just to share my experience on my CARNIVAL, the family loves the car's interior very much. It’s very roomy and has a good airflow of air conditioning system. We can fit in a number of passengers and yet everyone will feel the cold air flowing. Yung mga bulinggit, ginagawang playground ung loob, misan nga may nakikita ako laruan pag naglilinis.

In terms of engine response, once you get to 2000 RPM for few seconds, a slight pressure in the pedal will results to a significant increase in speed... or will speed up to 140KPH. Because the TURBO CHARGER starts to kick-in beyond 2000 RPM.

In terms of suspension, Carnival has a very good suspension system (front and rear), which is coupled by 15-inch mags. Very dependable talaga... especially at long trips.

So we will always find a place to visit specially during weekends. Sarap mamasyal kapag kasama si CARNIVAL.... he.he.he... Yun nga lang, I always clean and check-up my CARNIVAL... as they say, with TLC (total love and care) the CARVINAL will work perfect.

Mikey, ano ba ang magandang coolant... napansin ko talaga na medyo maiinit na and a good coolant can help ease-out themal stress on the engine specially on the rubber parts. Dito kasi nagsisimula ung over heat lalo na kapag lumutong and mapulbos ung component ng rubber... thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    generic boy,

Sorry, hindi ko natanong sa casa kung ano yung ginagamit nila coolant tuwing magpapalit sila, pero okay naman sya kasi hindi nababawasan ang coolant level ko sa reservoir at hindi umaangat ng lagpas sa normal operating temp yung makina. Tawag ka na lang sa Wheels New Manila, pa-connect ka sa service ng Kia... I'm sure they'd give you the info if you asked nicely. Their trunkline is (02) 416-3837/38. Or you could always make up a story about your having to top off the contents of the reservoir because it's running low

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mikey, thanks....

I was brousing in the net and found a coolant which seems to be ok... features are:
    - Utilizes hybrid organic acid technology to minimize inhibitor depletion
    - Low-silicate, low-pH and phosphate-free formula
    - Provides protection against liner pitting and corrosion
    - Helps prevent rust and corrosion
    - Helps prevent hot weather boil-overs and cold weather freeze-ups
    - Protects all cooling system metals, including aluminum

Try ko ito sa unit and monitor performance...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Thank you for your suggestions. I guess i'll just do that, clean the intake manifold and replace air filter, probably ask wheels about the muffler assembly.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    generic boy,

it says in our manual on what kind of coolant we should use. and another thing. the data on the cooling system's capacity is wrong. from what i found out, its lower than what's on the manual.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    [QUOTE=diesoline]ripped the map off ti8245's post on the mang mario thread (my apologies, ti8245). his address is 146 fort santiago st., very near the tricycle terminal there. tel. no. 9201708.

salamat! really need to spend more time searching the other threads. pamoso pala si mang mario.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anyone had problems with their alternators?

this must be the third time that my alt is acting up.

obsservations:
    - battery warning indicator in dashboard is gone
    - alternator is not charging (lights & accessories become weak as i drive along)
    - starts normally
    - when i pick up speed it returns to normal

what do you think guys.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    benchph1, had similar problem before... only in my case, the battery warning lit up very very dim during idle condition (battery indicator is OK when the key is in ON position) and will go to normal when i rev-up. I let it in that condition for more than a week and then the battery indicator is gone (when the key is ON position) . When i use the unit one night with all electronics and lights are ON, the battery went dead and engine won't start-up.

I thought that the IC regulator is defective, so I went to electrician for check-up. And it was diagnosed that the IC regulator is confirmed defective plus CARBON brush is used-up or waer out. When we replaced the CARBON brush and IC regulator and the problem is gone.

According to electrician, once the carbon brush is used up and run the unit for sometime, the IC will be damaged as well. Sya nga pala... again according to eletrician, the aux FAN of canival is special... it's a high speed fan the consumes considerable high amount of current. He added that for a unit with 50T KM, it is not normal for the carbon brush to be used-up. Some factors that affect it's wear and tear is the current load of the battery.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    benchph1, I also experienced that. The battery indicator didn't even light up. My lights were getting dim, the radio turned off by itself and i had no lights in my dashboard display. The next day wala na - dead na battery and will not start anymore. I checked for an original alternator and it will cost around PhP15k if I remember correctly.

Different topic - meron ba dito may alam kung saan makakabili ng hub cap lang na kia korea ang design not the normal kia local design. Nasira kase yung sa akin eh pangit ng walang takip yung mags. TIA.

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [ARCHIVE]