New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 106 of 195 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1948
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CVT,

Great! So did you wave to mikey when you got to Pangasinan?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Just arrived home early this morning from a 3-day 1,385 Km trip to Vigan-Laoag-Pagudpud with the family....

Our Oct2004 Starex GRX performed without a hitch, at 8.0 Km/L, which should be good enough for my driving style....

Rough roads, around 1Km total distance, in Candon and Narvacan(?) south of Vigan. Generally, the roads are in good shape...

2601:kick:

Good that your ride gave you no problem on this trip, but at 8Km/L only, isn't it suppose to be at least 10Km/L for such a thousand Kilometer trip?...

When I went to Pagudpod last holy week, My ride consumption was 10.5 Km/L for a total of 1700Km, Maybe i could gain more mileage out of that if not for frequent overtaking along the highway....

WBR,

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    CVT,

Great! So did you wave to mikey when you got to Pangasinan?
    I did bro. I even rolled down my window to shout "hello mikey177" to him.

I am sure he greeted us, in return....

Passed by Urdaneta at around 3AM 30th April, and around 10:30PM 2nd May.... No traffic....

Last edited by CVT; May 3rd, 2007 at 03:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    Good that your ride gave you no problem on this trip, but at 8Km/L only, isn't it suppose to be at least 10Km/L for such a thousand Kilometer trip?...

When I went to Pagudpod last holy week, My ride consumption was 10.5 Km/L for a total of 1700Km, Maybe i could gain more mileage out of that if not for frequent overtaking along the highway....

WBR,
    Bro,- I was driving a tank that is filled to the turret.

I am quite happy with that fuel rate consumption. Can't ask for more....

Last edited by CVT; May 3rd, 2007 at 03:31 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post

WBR,
    Wow, you must have really driven a lot!

Kasi, my actual mileage is 1385-41 = 1344Km. And I live in South MM. (The 41 Km is the distance I travelled after I filled up the fuel tank a couple of days before the long drive)

On the way up north, we passed by our parents' place in Commonwealth.

We actually drove the whole day in Laoag on the first day after we checked in the hotel, going (back) to Batac, Paoay(Sand Dune, Malacanang of the North, Fort Ilocandia) and Currimao(?) and the drive around the city.

On the second day, we drove to Pagudpud, passing by the Bojeador Lighthouse in Burgos and the Windmills in Bangui. And then, we went to Patapat Viaduct and visited a couple of resort spots there.

And, on the third day, we passed by Vigan, and drove around the city....

Your 1700Km means you drove an extra ~350Km. From our place in South MM, this should take me to the border of Ilocos Sur and La Union (town of Sudipen...).. I'd say another 5 to 6 hours(more) trip.....

Bro, what area are you from? Also, did you drive through Cagayan (I assume you're from MM/Southern Tagalog area) on your way back? Whew! what a drive.....

Last edited by CVT; May 3rd, 2007 at 04:25 PM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Sorry but I forgot to inform you that on our way home we went the other way meaning via Cagayan, Isabela, Banaue, Nueva Vizcaya, Nueva Ecija, then back to Manila.... :D

SO Basically what i did is called the Northern Loop.... and I live in Manila area...

SOrry for OT po...

WBR,

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    I did bro. I even rolled down my window to shout "hello mikey177" to him.

I am sure he greeted us, in return....

Passed by Urdaneta at around 3AM 30th April, and around 10:30PM 2nd May.... No traffic....
    CVT,

Next time you pass through Urdaneta, try to drop by our cafe, it's named La Pia Taza. If you're northbound, you'll see it right before the welcome arch of Urdaneta City. I-treat kita ng kape kung ako yung duty na cashier

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    CVT,

Next time you pass through Urdaneta, try to drop by our cafe, it's named La Pia Taza. If you're northbound, you'll see it right before the welcome arch of Urdaneta City. I-treat kita ng kape kung ako yung duty na cashier
    Bro,- mukhang mapapasubo ka....

Pupunta kami ng Baguio end of this month. Kung may pagkakataon,- dadaan kami riyan, with my family to personally greet you.....

Thanks for the tempting offer....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Uy! Urdaneta EB ;)

Did some high speed runs with the Starex on the Skyway these past two Saturdays. It sure doesn't quit till 170-175 kph. Perhaps the manual models can go 180 kph. Slightly bigger rims for extra stability, perhaps?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sa mga starex lovers,
    tanong ko lamang po kung front wheel drive ba ang starex, particularly GRX - CRDi? maraming salamat po!

future starex owner,
    D_rock_777

Hyundai Starex (Gen. 3) [ARCHIVED]