New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    After reading the "... park stupidly" thread I just realized that I parked over a PWD ramp in front of the National Museum. May security guard at mga tambay na nagdidirect ng parking sa labas dahil punuan na ang parking sa loob on a Sunday and it so happened that the PWD ramp was being vacated by another car when we got there. I didn't notice that it was a ramp, akala ko eroded portion lang ng sidewalk kaya sinunod ko lang yung guard.

Now I know better.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Nung tuesday afternoon, sa promenade. Drop off lang ako passenger, then labas na. Itong vios sa harap ko, hinarangan pati yun left side (nakatsbingi eh) para dun sa mag drop off lang. Iwasan ko by backing up a bit, narinig ko nalang isang malakas na busina dun sa auto sa likod ko. I swear wala sya doon nung tumingin ako sa rear view mirror. Almost hit the car, buti nalang. Pinag taka ko lang pano sya sumulpot doon ng ganun kabilis, baka mabilis din takbo nya entering?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Turning on my hazard light during a downpour. I know, it was stupid of me. I even defended its use.

Now with very bright LED tail lamps, there's simply no excuse to use them to "warn" others of your presence even during a heavy downpour. My contention back then was that it's a crash deterrent because you are seen.

Now, whenever I see people using their hazard lights during the rain, I tell myself, I was once that stupid also. I hope someday, someone tells them it's terribly confusing that people needlessly have to honk to pass.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Dont know if something like this has been posted already.

When I was a newbie driver, pinilit ko mag drive from Subic back to Manila na inaantok. I would say that I was aleep behind the wheel around 50% of the time.

Buti nalang walang nangyari and until now I feel so stupid and gusto ko batukan sarili ko.

Ever since then, kung inaantok during byahe, park nalang sa gasoline stations tapos tulog nalang sa kotse habang nakapark dun.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by manong1 View Post

When I was a newbie driver, pinilit ko mag drive from Subic back to Manila na inaantok. I would say that I was aleep behind the wheel around 50% of the time.

Buti nalang walang nangyari and until now I feel so stupid and gusto ko batukan sarili ko.

Ever since then, kung inaantok during byahe, park nalang sa gasoline stations tapos tulog nalang sa kotse habang nakapark dun.
    i used to do this, myself, back when time was an issue. i would go south late at night, to avoid traffic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i used to do this, myself, back when time was an issue. i would go south late at night, to avoid traffic.
    Pag inaantok, I usually stop to drink coffee.

Kung walang kape, tubig.

Sometimes I chew gum, or eat candy, too.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Pag inaantok, I usually stop to drink coffee.

Kung walang kape, tubig.

Sometimes I chew gum, or eat candy, too.
    i would turn on the radio and sing loudly, karaoke-style.
    dala dala ko yung transistor radio sa kotse. wala kasing radyo yung kotse.
    "...why... why... why... delilah...!..."
    "...yes... i was only dreaming..."
    "it's been a hard day's night... and i've been working... like a dog..."

then one night, i got the scare of my life..
    along a dark stretch of slex, sleepy me almost slammed onto a stopped, un-lighted, un-EWD'd, container van..
    i swerved to the gravel and grass at the left of the road (slex then was only two lanes wide)... thank God i did not turn over..
    matibay talaga ang suspension ng RT100.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 18th, 2020 at 11:30 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It was during the wee hours of the morning, after our Christmas Party at the Intercon. i was driving with 3 lady officemates. At the Magallanes interchange, I took the fork going to Pasay, instead of the one going to SLEX. I realized it when I was at the top of the flyover, and so i stopped, took the right lane, and backed up(down) slowly. My boss who was a couple of minutes behind noticed my car slowly descending from the flyover... He was ribbing me later telling me that I was trying to check in at PasayM with my passengers but changed my mind. 😉

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by manong1 View Post

not stupid at all, you're one safe driver compared to the ever growing sleep deprived drivers on the road.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    backing up along a major road like an edsa flyover, is a no-no.
    but, i imagine, at that time, traffic was so very much lighter than nowadays.
    heh heh.

by now, post-er probably already knows, going on straight down instead of backing off, then making three right turns, and he's back to the slex.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 19th, 2020 at 12:28 AM.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast