New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I've never heard any Innova owner complain about their vehicle so I vote for Innova. It's one of the most reliable models IMO.

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk
    in my opinion,
    the innova is a beast of burden; a practicar.
    buyers are practical-minded folks, and probably have a huge tolerance level.
    their needs are not hideously refined, and it will take considerable discomfort, for them to speak out.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Ok nga Avanza at Innova.
    Starex ok din.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Ok nga Avanza at Innova.
    Starex ok din.
    we also drive altises and wigo, but whenever i drive the innova, it's like coming back to an old friend.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we also drive altises and wigo, but whenever i drive the innova, it's like coming back to an old friend.
    Old reliable, gaya ng earlier gen na Revo, Crosswind, at Adventure. Sayang hindi na nasundan ng next gen ang mga non-Toyotas. Itong 2000s at 2010s series at 1st gen Innova ang sakto sa size.

Ok din pala sa 300k option ang Crosswind at Adventure

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    We had a gas Adventure (4G63A) in the early 2000's (the older one with a front fascia that looked like the Pajero). Had lots of issues with it and wouldn't advise it (gas guzzler too). We chose it since it had the same engine as an old Galant we had, which was very very reliable. This is where the term "similar but not the same" comes to mind.

A friend got an Avanza in the early 2010's to be used by his missus -- pang hatid-sundo sa school/mall/kumon etc (they have 3 kids). He says the build quality is so far removed from his Innova that he probably will never get an Avanza again.

______

I knew quite a few with Crosswinds, tho. It's noisy (maingay na, mausok pa), can't corner, has iffy features, but it was damn reliable and easy to maintain. What cemented this to me was Ondoy. In the sapa area in Heroes Hill and Riverside neighborhoods near Roosevelt QC, I saw, with my own eyes, Crosswinds that STILL ran after being flooded.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Personal experience.

90's FX - terrible Taiwanese 2C engine, we had ours replaced with the Japanese version and it was way better.
    Diesel Adventure - mid-2000 - way better inside/out - but that front suspension dives like a cartoon!

Friend's cars

early 2000's Crosswind - yes, that famous diesel engine sound. but its built like a tank (friend still uses it pang-coding)
    Revo - very little complains... although the dash looked dated before, it looks really old now

Avanza - really not a fan of this car, hate the noise, seats hurt my back, power is lacking and impossible for me to seat 7 people inside...

But I will still buy the Avanza over the Fuzion and Livina, Innova if budget permits

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567