New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by abongon65 View Post

I'd like to add this win a car promo as an option. Car Giveaway Campaign – Win a Car & US$1, worth of Gift | CAR FROM JAPAN. Based on company's about its legit. So I join. There's no harm in trying. I think.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2024
    pa advice din po im looking for a 7 seater car and my choices are santa fe 2009 nissan grand livina 2011,avanza or inovva or mitsubishi fuzion

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieXmae View Post
    pa advice din po im looking for a 7 seater car and my choices are santa fe 2009 nissan grand livina 2011,avanza or inovva or mitsubishi fuzion
    especially if the car is a used car that isn't as perfect as a brand new car usually can be, i would look for a car that is:
    of reputation for good build quality and performance;
    of ease of maintenance. the one with many mechanics who know how to fix the car, and has good spare parts availability at competitive price, even in the independent stores. these usually mean the more popular cars on the road. i mean, why would car parts stores stock up on parts if there were only few of these cars on the road?
    personally, i'd pick the innova.

BTW, in all of your choices, the last two people in the third row would have to be small humen who enjoy a rough ride. that last row is not very comfortable if one were bigger or older.
    but you may have to up your budget, po, for a good unit. the cost of acquisition may be only one part of the purchase price. the second part is the fixin' up; let us attempt to minimize this by choosing the good unit.

happy hunting.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 21st, 2024 at 09:27 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've never heard any Innova owner complain about their vehicle so I vote for Innova. It's one of the most reliable models IMO.

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I've never heard any Innova owner complain about their vehicle so I vote for Innova. It's one of the most reliable models IMO.

Sent from my SM-M127F using Tapatalk
    well, in my senioring years, i complained... "bat hindi AT ang innova ko?"
    so i sold one of the MTs and bought an AT to replace it!
    the fuel consumption sucked... somewhat... but the comfort!
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieXmae View Post
    based sa choices mo...

torn between the Avanza and Innova
    Livina and Fuzion - big NO

I'm honestly not sure if may Innova na 300K
    Pero possible with the Avanza.

Both have "ladder frames" (Avanza is welded to the body while pick-up based si Innova) - I'm a big fan of the ladder frame if older car ang pinaguusapan.

Innova is a better car

Pero Avanza will be easier to maintain.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    based sa choices mo...

torn between the Avanza and Innova
    Livina and Fuzion - big NO

I'm honestly not sure if may Innova na 300K
    Pero possible with the Avanza.

Pero Avanza will be easier to maintain.
    meron naman... yung gasoline innovae!
    but kung diesel... yun sigurong almost 200K km sa odometer!
    but hey! i won't be surprised it them cars are good for 100K km more...

maintain...? my only diesel innova maintains are the oil and filter change. and the timing belt replacement at 120K km (yata!).
    i also had the underchassis repaired at about 100K km (?).
    unlike gasoline engine, diesels have hardly anything to maintain.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    maintain...? my only diesel innova maintains are the oil and filter change. and the timing belt replacement at 120K km (yata!).
    i also had the underchassis repaired at about 100K km (?).
    unlike gasoline engine, diesels have hardly anything to maintain.
    Well , Toyota's are know for their parts availability... pero imagine buying an old Innova with 200K on its odo, ilang parts ang due for replacement?

Compared to an Avanza who shares a lot of its parts with the Vios, Rush and Lite Ace

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

There was that collapsing fuel tank issue before ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Well , Toyota's are know for their parts availability... pero imagine buying an old Innova with 200K on its odo, ilang parts ang due for replacement?

Compared to an Avanza who shares a lot of its parts with the Vios, Rush and Lite Ace
    in my opinion,
    the iffy-est part of used car buying,
    is the fear of the (mal-) treatment the vehicle underwent from its owner.
    kung kilala ko naman kasi yung owner as a good car maintain-er, i'd still feel comfortable buying his higher-mileage car.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast