New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 157 of 307 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 3070
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kazer View Post
    Pioneer 80prs
    Focal 165as or Hertz HSK 165.4 [ for the same price, I might settle with focal ]
    JBL GT1040 with

I might switch to Gladen actually. medyo malaki rin difference..
    M line 75.4 and M line 100.2

dilema ko naman ngayon is kung malaki difference ni 290w vs 220w for running my SUB which is 350w required RMS.
    medyo mabayo kasi trip ko pag ka EDM's , mas mataas kasi relase value ng 4 channel kaysa 2 channel (though di ko naman kailangan isipin to hehe.)
    Not a big difference. I wouldn't sweat it. If you can increase the box size, that'll help tremendously in efficiency rather than piping more power to it.

*thread

I'm not particular regarding speaker-amp pairing. Especially not in a car environment where everything bounces around. Now if this was a headphone-amplifier pairing, pwede ka pa maging picky since headphones sit millimeters away from your ears. Speakers, on the other hand, interact with the environment first before hitting your ears. That's why room treatment is top priority in home audio over equipments.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    *jhnkvn thanks bro for the nice comments...

hayzzzz! somehow minsan nakaka inis! Its like I'm being forced to take a Hertz esk 165 + hertz HCP5 (5 channel amps!) over a focal 165as + 2 gladen amps combo!

which the hertz actually costs way more than the budget already! considering that the initial budgets was only 30k! but now its doubled!
    (BTW , this is not mickey, baka lang may mag assume since based on my previous post siya ang iniisip kong installer... )

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Nag adjust ako ng gain using a muti meter. 75% hu vol. V= square root of amp rms multiply to impedance. I got 28.8v. Used 60hz sine test tone. Ito iniisip ko ngayon, na maxed out ko na ang gain 20.2v lang ang lumabas. Kailangan ko pa mag boost para umabot sa 28.8. Di kaya masira ang amp? Tia

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    You're thinking of big-ass capacitors kasi

The capacitor in-line with tweeter is kinda like this photo (http://www.pispeakers.com/DIY/DX25_Cable_Connected.jpg) take note that this has a capacitor AND a resistor.

A capacitor is simply used to protect the tweeter because it acts like a filter depending on which micro-farad value you put in.
    hehe yeah, thought it was these capacitors

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    great! who is your installer by the way?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

great! who is your installer by the way?
    Sun-x boss

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    As per Mundorf's website:
    Capacitor (capital C) stores electricity.
    capacitor (small case c) is a frequency dependent resistors

A useful link for choosing the value of capacitor to use for tweeters:
    Car Audio - Speaker Crossover Chart and Capacitance vs. Frequency Calculator(High-pass)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by barurut View Post
    Sun-x boss
    Cool! I used to have Sun-X do my setup way back in 2005.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kazer View Post
    *jhnkvn thanks bro for the nice comments...

hayzzzz! somehow minsan nakaka inis! Its like I'm being forced to take a Hertz esk 165 + hertz HCP5 (5 channel amps!) over a focal 165as + 2 gladen amps combo!

which the hertz actually costs way more than the budget already! considering that the initial budgets was only 30k! but now its doubled!
    (BTW , this is not mickey, baka lang may mag assume since based on my previous post siya ang iniisip kong installer... )
    Oh, that's okay. Overbudgeting is kinda the norm in our line of hobby it applies to any hobby actually.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    True. It is better to get the best one you can afford now rather than change your mind and upgrade later. It will be more costly that way.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    nakaka adict kasi makadinig ng magandang tono na auto. lalo na nu na dinig ko yung pag kaka iba ng time aligned at hindi na sistema!

after ko marinig sabi ko na lang sa sarili ko.. eto na nga... 1 time big time na! lets go for broke! este for gold pala...

based on other hobby kasi mas magastos pag tinipid. na subok hehe

btw.. settled with focal+ gladen combo.

audio set-up for beginners [continued]