New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 106 of 307 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 3070
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphs View Post
    i now wanted to dig deeper into my pocket and get me a focal ps165fx.
    question is: do i have to get a premium amplifier as well to optimize its potential? or a jbl gto804ez could already do the trick?
    The jbl amp will do just fine, but if you have the option, or if budget permits then go get a more premium amp. It's not as if hindi premium yan JBL amp na yan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Just stay with the JBL 804EZ. If you have cash to spare, begin pumping it on a better head unit or a processor if you don't have them yet.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Focal Performance ? Access Series 165 A3SG | Mickey's Autosound

Hi guys. May nakatry or nakarinig na po ba ng new focal access 3-way. the reviews i see online really doesn't tell me anything.
    This looks like a promising thing.

Not sure though if its worth the effort (and money) since having pillar fabrication costs almost the same as the price of the speakers.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by barurut View Post
    Focal Performance ? Access Series 165 A3SG | Mickey's Autosound

Hi guys. May nakatry or nakarinig na po ba ng new focal access 3-way. the reviews i see online really doesn't tell me anything.
    This looks like a promising thing.

Not sure though if its worth the effort (and money) since having pillar fabrication costs almost the same as the price of the speakers.
    Of course it's worth the money. As long as you can tune it right that is.

There's only so much a speaker designer can do in trying to bend physics laws. That's why I would place my bet on Php30,000 3-way systems over Php80,000 2-ways given good tuning.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    what's the difference between the "gladen audio m-line 75.4" and the "audio system m-line 75.4" ?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Of course it's worth the money. As long as you can tune it right that is.

There's only so much a speaker designer can do in trying to bend physics laws. That's why I would place my bet on Php30,000 3-way systems over Php80,000 2-ways given good tuning.
    Bump lang sir... Does this mean that it is better to get a Focal 165 A3 than a Focal 165 FX? I am about to buy the FX na kasi when I saw this input.. Napa-isip na naman ako. ;-)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphs View Post
    Bump lang sir... Does this mean that it is better to get a Focal 165 A3 than a Focal 165 FX? I am about to buy the FX na kasi when I saw this input.. Napa-isip na naman ako. ;-)
    It's hard to compare both since one is a 2way while the other is 3way. Let me try to explain in general. Usually when tuning both, a 3way set of components will give better sound linearity over a 2way type since you have a dedicated mid-range driver on a 3way set.
    What is sound linearity? It's the control or balance of the high-mid-low frequencies on low to high volumes.

Still not clear? Think of it this way, a 2way component consist of a tweeter for the high frequencies and a mid-bass for the mid-bass frequencies. The tweeter and mid-bass will now have to work together to produce a good band of mid-range frequencies.
    If you have a 3way set of components that comes with a dedicated mid-range then the dedicated mid-range helps the tweeter and mid-bass components. The result usually ends up with a good sound linearity. A system with good linearity will sound equally balance on low to high volumes.

Now how come the 2way Focal 165 FX is more expensive than then the Focal 3way 165A3 given that one is a 2way set while the other is a 3way set? It is simply because of the materials use that the focal 165 FX has. This then translates to better tonality.
    What is tonality on speakers? It is the accuracy of a speaker to produce the natural sound of instruments.

I hope my simple explanation would help you with your decision. Remember that there is no best speakers out there, there will always be a compromise. It's how well you learn to maximize your gears that counts.

Good luck bro!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by markygy View Post
    It's hard to compare both since one is a 2way while the other is 3way. Let me try to explain in general. Usually when tuning both, a 3way set of components will give better sound linearity over a 2way type since you have a dedicated mid-range driver on a 3way set.
    What is sound linearity? It's the control or balance of the high-mid-low frequencies on low to high volumes.

Still not clear? Think of it this way, a 2way component consist of a tweeter for the high frequencies and a mid-bass for the mid-bass frequencies. The tweeter and mid-bass will now have to work together to produce a good band of mid-range frequencies.
    If you have a 3way set of components that comes with a dedicated mid-range then the dedicated mid-range helps the tweeter and mid-bass components. The result usually ends up with a good sound linearity. A system with good linearity will sound equally balance on low to high volumes.

Now how come the 2way Focal 165 FX is more expensive than then the Focal 3way 165A3 given that one is a 2way set while the other is a 3way set? It is simply because of the materials use that the focal 165 FX has. This then translates to better tonality.
    What is tonality on speakers? It is the accuracy of a speaker to produce the natural sound of instruments.

I hope my simple explanation would help you with your decision. Remember that there is no best speakers out there, there will always be a compromise. It's how well you learn to maximize your gears that counts.

Good luck bro!
    CLEAR! Thanks po...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bn9 View Post
    what's the difference between the "gladen audio m-line 75.4" and the "audio system m-line 75.4" ?
    They are the same.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    As with markygy has stated, it's hard to compare. On an absolute sense, I believe the Focal 165AS3 (Focal Access 3-way) will outperform the 165FX (Focal Flax 2-way). Hell.. even when given a Php20,000 set of 3-ways versus a Php80,000 2-way, I'll still pick the 3-way given it's properly tuned. The main difference? Lower distortion and better dynamics.

Problem is that it will take a lot more effort in doing so. A whole lot more. And it gets expensive.

First is that it takes a heck of a longer time to tune it right. This is possibly the most prohibitive factor in installing 3-way systems. Controlling 4 drivers plus a subwoofer is a pain in the ass in its own right to get correctly. Adding two additional drivers shoots up the difficulty up by a whole lot. This is very apparent in how much big-name shops charge their clients -- some favorable clients get free tuning on a 2-way set, some get charged a minute amount (~5,000php) depending on the level of fine-tuning but when it comes to 3-way setups, nobody tunes fine-tunes it for less than 5-digits.

Second is that installing it is a whole lot more expensive. Unlike 2-way system where you can utilize your stock speaker locations, 3-way systems will require custom fabrication unless you have a car coming with a badass system (found in more expensive cars such as Jaguars). A-pillar fabrication costs are expensive -- 5,000+ in shops like Banawe but shoots to 5-digits on the bigger shops. The difference in work is apparent enough if you're the type to appreciate quality.

Aside from the fabrication work, you will also need more channels for the speaker drivers. If you're running 3-way active, you'll need 7 channels typically (6 drivers up front and 1 subwoofer), if you're running it semi-active, you'll need 5 channels and a passive crossover for the mid-high (if you're using Focal, most people use the Focal 100KRS crossover priced at 5-digits)

Then there's the matter of processing capabilities. You can tune a 2-way system by being content with a Pioneer 80PRS (16,000php), but tuning 3-ways will demand you pony up for more such as a Pioneer P99RS (38,000php). On external processors, the costs are comparable.. with 2-way capable processors costing 16,000php and 3-way processors at 30,000php.

So, when it all comes down to it. Just settle for 2-way muna. Unless you really want what a 3-way system offers you. I suggest you do listen around ;)
    Last edited by jhnkvn; June 9th, 2014 at 11:49 AM.

audio set-up for beginners [continued]