New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 97 of 158 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Kanina lang, I sprayed ONR clay lube diluted on the roof hood and trunk trying to remove all the little tree saps that bombarded our car when I had no choice but to park under a freakin' tree.

Yung isang dagta sa hood di na kinaya, oxidized na. Halos ka-level na ng paint, which means it literally ate the clearcoat.

Kaya iwas kayo magpark under a tree. IIRC mas worse pa yung nangyari dati kay mam madkatz sobrang daming tree saps ng Innova nya. I remember it had many tree sap etching na may part na nag-crack na yung clearcoat. Mam madkatz please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by antz-z View Post
    went to blade this lunch to buy mother's step1 and step3 and microtex nano glos. guy at blade said i should try mother's carnauba cleaner wax instead of the 3-steps. any feedback po from this item?

i ended up buying magic 88 applicator pads, mother's fender wall brush and microtex nano sliq..
    bro, meron ako neto free siya from the claybar kit. for me ok siya gamitin because of it's cleaning ability kaya ganda ng shine...

i used it last sunday and top it with 915...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by franster View Post
    I think ONR is not effective anymore as the bird stain has oxidized already. How about for those severe cases in which the stain ate through the clear coat? Would it disappear if I would just leave it?
    true pag nag oxidized na e ibang usapan na talaga yan. di ko pa na try na ganyang case sa vehicle ko. antay natin ang mga reply ng mga masters/guru for that scenario.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Kanina lang, I sprayed ONR clay lube diluted on the roof hood and trunk trying to remove all the little tree saps that bombarded our car when I had no choice but to park under a freakin' tree.

Yung isang dagta sa hood di na kinaya, oxidized na. Halos ka-level na ng paint, which means it literally ate the clearcoat.

Kaya iwas kayo magpark under a tree. IIRC mas worse pa yung nangyari dati kay mam madkatz sobrang daming tree saps ng Innova nya. I remember it had many tree sap etching na may part na nag-crack na yung clearcoat. Mam madkatz please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Nakakainis talaga tong mga bird poop/tree sap stains. Mas pinipili ko pa nga magkascratch na lang ng kaunti (yung hindi na man grabe) kesa sa sa mga ganoong stains mapunta sa surface ng sasakyan ko!

Naghihinayang na tuloy ako kung bakit di ko pinahid kaagad yung bird poop, medyo nagmamadali na rin kasi ako and was thinking na baka mawawala rin yun dahil umuulan that moment.

Hay naku, I think I had enough "learning the hard way" already.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *madkatz: Yes. How did you deal with this paint damages?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    I think ONR is not effective anymore as the bird stain has oxidized already. How about for those severe cases in which the stain ate through the clear coat? Would it disappear if I would just leave it?
    Hello bird stain does not really oxidize paint it mainly etches the paint to a point that its either stained which is good because the clearcoat level is still flat or the etching actually ate through, with these cases we usually just polish the paint until its basically flat again so it will not be that noticeable and so that it won't have deep microscopic valleys there water could sink into and remain to further etch the paint

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009

Hehe yup and that even had 3 different sealants with 5 layers if i remember it corrently freshly layed out, it didn't really crack the paint all the way through but it did etch and crack the clear coat, it took us a considerable amount of clear coat to be wet sanded and polishes before we could remove it visually

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Nakakainis talaga tong mga bird poop/tree sap stains. Mas pinipili ko pa nga magkascratch na lang ng kaunti (yung hindi na man grabe) kesa sa sa mga ganoong stains mapunta sa surface ng sasakyan ko!

Naghihinayang na tuloy ako kung bakit di ko pinahid kaagad yung bird poop, medyo nagmamadali na rin kasi ako and was thinking na baka mawawala rin yun dahil umuulan that moment.

Hay naku, I think I had enough "learning the hard way" already.
    With all contaminants like bird droppings and tree saps it is always best to remove them ASAP, it won't really hurt going down the car with your QD saturate the contaminant and remove it with a MF rather than stick with the gruesome and expensive process of removing the contaminants after which is more tiresome, if you ask me next time just remove them once you see them, another thing that we also practice is, once we get down from the car we usually do a 5 second check of the car to check for bird droppings or tree saps, if its clear then we proceed with whatever we have planned for that day but if its not we usually remove them asap, same thing with parking outside and leaving, we usually do a 5 second check before we start the car and leave, this is a good practice but still if you're really unlucky then its still going to happen, take note bird droppings take only about 2 hours to etch right through the clear coat, the main difference when you have a sealant is that the etching isn't as worse as without the sealant, tree saps take longer but also etches pretty fast, at 4 hours be really to see some really etching on the paint, these contaminants should not be allowed to sit longer for 5 minutes to a maximum of 4 hours, i remember one time when we were in the traffic light right before NAIA 1 to fetch my dad and i got some bird dropping when i went inside the airport to park i quickly dished out my handy dandy bottle of Megs Last Touch and MF cloth to remove the bird dropping and Viola! it already etched the paint, its not as sever as cracked up and deep etching but its still stained viewable at a certain angle and that only took 5 minutes sitting on the hood. so its really best to remove them as soon as you see them and in hopes that it has not yet etched on the paint, one other thing people mistake is that they think that once a few hours have passed that the acids and resins in the bird droppings and tree saps are already spent and just leave it, once these things are soaked again when it rains be sure that the acids will be reactivated causing more etching once again so bottomline, once you see them remove them ASAP

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *madkatz: Yes. How did you deal with this paint damages?
    in terms of dealing the damages after, we usually just resort to pre-wax cleaners in hopes of removing the etch marks and hopefully make it clearer and less noticeable, if its etching can be felt by hand we usually do a spot compound and polish, if its cracked but not all the way through the clear coat right through the color coat we wet sand the area and polish it, if its etched right through to the color coat or metal layer we have it spot repaired

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    * madkatz

What I did is I used 3M scratch remover on the exact stained spot. It did a little to no difference. My concern now is, did I abraded a layer of clear coat already? Its quite hard to assess the surface as it is a bit cloudy due to the scratch remover. And oh BTW, I used a light pressure on the 3m scratch remover with 4 passes.

Detailing Thread [For Newbies][continued 2]