New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    good pm...
    last weekend, i had my windshield cleaned by our houseboy and it got scratched. actually, hindi naman malalim yung scratches, pero ang dami. he used a scotch brite pala to clean the windshield. can anyone suggest how i can get rid of the scratches? pwede bang DIY ito? wala kase ako mahanap na windshield detailing dito sa baguio.

to the detailing gurus..... help please.... thanks in advance !

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oh no... (actually this thread belongs to my forum hehe)... Scotchbrite scubbing pads are equivalent to #00 grade steel wool and should never be used on glass, especially the windshield. Scratches like those are not removable (actually almost any scratch on glass is not removable) unless you're willing to live with a wavy (may grado) glass. Windshield will require resin injection repair in order to salvage the glass surface. Di po sakop ng detailing ang scratch repair on glass.

Although you can still try to polish it out with rouge powder, but they're hard to come by and the effects are permanent - for better or worse.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Oh no!!!!

--------
    Although you can still try to polish it out with rouge powder, but they're hard to come by and the effects are permanent - for better or worse.
    -------------

But how do i go about this? any instructions/steps i should follow? Any suggestions on the powder? Gaano ka rough yung powder?

Thanks sir theveed

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    theveed any idea on how much pa detail ang windshield? Where can I have it done?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We offer it at Big Bert's... Usually it's 250 for the front (or rear) glass, 700 for everything, of course there's a Tsikot discount of 10% or you can avail the 20% coding discount if you visit during coding day.

Bundat: There are only 2-3 grades of rouge powder, I'm not very familiar with this so you might want to ask some jewelers about this.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    May glass rubbing compound na pwedeng mabili sa true value, just use it like the way you use a rubbing compound. Pag di madaan sa rubbing-----martilyo lang ang katapat nyan then claim sa insurance---hehehehehe--joke lang:D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by theveed
    We offer it at Big Bert's... Usually it's 250 for the front (or rear) glass, 700 for everything, of course there's a Tsikot discount of 10% or you can avail the 20% coding discount if you visit during coding day.
    bro tanong ko lang po, kasi yung windshield ko (front) may light scratches..i tried rubbing it with a calss polisher that sells for 150pesos i think..nawala naman ng konti. the problem is di siya totally nawala..parang may scratches pa rin although light lang..

evident siya pag driving at night..the way the light reflects dun sa windshield mo..parang hindi single spot yung light (which suppose to be) parang nagsp-spread siya thru the light scrathces...

punta kaya ako bukas..?? coding ako eh..hehehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kasama ba sa 700 yung dalawang side mirrors? may mga visible water spots narin kasi eh... o front and rear shields and all windows lang?

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    theveed puede kayang isang windshield lang pa detail ko sa harap lang? Wala lang naman siyang problem kaso gusto ko lang siya palinis sa front minsan kasi ang wiper ko may problem eh nahihirapan siya at nag skip. Ginawa ko I clean the windshield with kiwi glass cleaner and cleaned the blade nawala ang skipping kaso ngayon naman kanina ginamit ko nagkakaroon ng ingay ang wiper na parang goma na kumakapit sa salamin.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    zechs: ang salamin di talaga napopolish if you're after scratch removal. Masisira lang yung soft layer ng windshield.

crossback: depende po sa sidemirror, plastic coated mirrors should never be polished. Mga jap cars usually ok lang, but most euro and us cars have plastic coated mirrors that "bruises" if rubbed hard.

ghost: yes, of course. How old are your wiper blades btw?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Windshield Detailing