New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

do you guys have any feedback on aguila glass installations? me quality ba ang installation nila? nagtataka kasi ako, mababa ang singil nila sa labor, (1,xxx) tapos after installation pwede na daw itakbo ang kotse. nung nagtanong naman ako sa ibang mga shops both casa and non-casa (price is around 3,xxx), e recommended nila is 8 hours pa daw na curing time bago itakbo.

hesitant lang ako kasi either baka magka-leak ako or kalawangin ang pillars/roof ko. nabasagan kasi ako ng windshield. meron na akong glass saka moulding na ready. my car is mitsu lancer pizza

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

When the rear glass of our Vanette was shattered more than 5 years ago, we went to Aguila Glass for replacement. Yes, the material and labor were a lot cheaper compared to what the casa offered. I think they charged me P14K vs. >P35K if we had engaged the casa. They installed the new glass (with defogger) in our garage. And, if I remember correctly, they recommended that we do not use the van for a few hours for curing.

Until now, I have no problem with our Vanette's rear glass. Aguila Glass did a good job in the installation.

Also, the windshield of my brother-in-law's Nissan Sentra car was also replaced by Aguila Glass 2 years earlier than ours. I haven't heard any complains from him until last Sunday....

6610:secret:

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yes, direcho mo na sa Aguila or pwede mo silang tawagin para puntahan ang car na kakabitan. Karamihan ng mga shops / casa tumatawag lang rin ng installer and pagdating sa glass installation, kilala ang Aguila Btw 2X na kaming nagpa full body repair nung 90's , kami nagkalas pero sila nagkabit. No problem sa lahat ng ginawa nila.
    Last edited by XTO; August 20th, 2008 at 08:03 AM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

When the rear glass of our Vanette was shattered more than 5 years ago, we went to Aguila Glass for replacement. Yes, the material and labor were a lot cheaper compared to what the casa offered. I think they charged me P14K vs. >P35K if we had engaged the casa. They installed the new glass (with defogger) in our garage. And, if I remember correctly, they recommended that we do not use the van for a few hours for curing.

Until now, I have no problem with our Vanette's rear glass. Aguila Glass did a good job in the installation.

Also, the windshield of my brother-in-law's Nissan Sentra car was also replaced by Aguila Glass 2 years earlier than ours. I haven't heard any complains from him until last Sunday....

hmmm... ano naging complain nya?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    wala naman ng question na maayos ang aguila. saka kahit kelan mahal naman talaga sa casa.

about dun sa curing time. mabilis kasi matuyo yung ginagamit nila ngayon na automotive sealant kaya ganun.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    does aguila glass prime pinchweld prior to installation? saka nagtataka ako, bakit sa casa, 2 sealant ang ginagamit. isang urethane, isang hamatite?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hi,

do you guys have any feedback on aguila glass installations? me quality ba ang installation nila? nagtataka kasi ako, mababa ang singil nila sa labor, (1,xxx) tapos after installation pwede na daw itakbo ang kotse. nung nagtanong naman ako sa ibang mga shops both casa and non-casa (price is around 3,xxx), e recommended nila is 8 hours pa daw na curing time bago itakbo.

hesitant lang ako kasi either baka magka-leak ako or kalawangin ang pillars/roof ko. nabasagan kasi ako ng windshield. meron na akong glass saka moulding na ready. my car is mitsu lancer pizza
    you can also try karrglas in banawe....they use sikaflex adhesive, hamatite adhesives in their installation of windshields. meron pang warranty sa leaks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Actually some car dealer they do source out of replacing the broken windshield, as mentioned of my uncle who used to work in aguila auto glass in pasig. Isa sa suki nila ay hyundai.... actually kapag dinala mo ang car mo sa casa they will advise you na balikan mo nalang..... and they will charge you 200% compare sa cost ng replacement sa aguila. They used quick dry silicon sealant kaya no need to dry it for long period of time.

nagpapalit na din ako ng front wind shield, after they installed the glass 30mins lang byahe na ako, 2yrs na okay pa din...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bodybasher View Post
    you can also try karrglas in banawe....they use sikaflex adhesive, hamatite adhesives in their installation of windshields. meron pang warranty sa leaks.

fyi, may warranty din ang aguila sa leaks

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    hmmm... ano naging complain nya?

Sorry for being hazy about it,- no complaints!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
any feedback on aguila glass's work?