New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The VW Philippines site is already up and the initial model lineup is showcased. I am a bit unimpressed though of the trim levels of their models (except the Touareg).

Any thoughts, fellow tsikoteers? I was expecting more from VW.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Probably more to do with the Philippine partners. Its a typical dick move by importers here to skimp on features but charge maximum pricing.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The VW Philippines site is already up and the initial model lineup is showcased. I am a bit unimpressed though of the trim levels of their models (except the Touareg).

Any thoughts, fellow tsikoteers? I was expecting more from VW.
    Same here. I was expecting cars like the GOLF and the SCIROCCO to be on the offering when VW opens its dealership here. Yet it is painfully absent.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Same here. I was expecting cars like the GOLF and the SCIROCCO to be on the offering when VW opens its dealership here. Yet it is painfully absent.
    They're waiting for the next gen Golf pa daw before releasing it here. And there were concerns about its price.

Weird lang parang ang layo ng 1.2TSI vs 2.0TDI in terms of displacement and performance. Let's see kung anong price diff.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Only 110hp/280Nm for the Jetta 2.0L TDI? Maybe VW-PH will be bringing in the 1.6L BlueMotion TDI as its specs are about the same as those listed in the VW-PH site.The USDM/EUDM Jetta 2.0L TDI is rated at 140hp/320Nm, about the same as the previous gen Focus TDCi.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    ano ba yung 1.2TSI? was browsing their website, sabi 1.2L, even for their van..tapos diesel na 2.0..wow di ba underpowered yun?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    TSI - Turbo Stratified Injection (same as Audi's TFSI - Turbo Fuel Stratified Injection) or basically a turbocharged petrol engine in VW terms
    TDI - Turbocharged Direct Injection, same as other brands' turbo diesel engines

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What's the link?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    VW PH main site - Volkswagen Philippines

TopGearPH also posted an article online about the models.

Basic specs of Volkswagen PH cars revealed on company website - Industry News

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    VW PH main site - Volkswagen Philippines

TopGearPH also posted an article on the models.

Basic specs of Volkswagen PH cars revealed on company website - Industry News

Page 1 of 52 123451151 ... LastLast