New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    ive been looking to buy a volkswagen kombi maybe the 1960-1970 model i've already seen a couple of them in modest condition. ok pa naman yung paint aside from the wear. the engine looks nice pero feel ko needs some checking and cleaning and the interior well i want t basically change the interior to my liking.

anu po sa tingin niyo magiging cost to restore the kombi?

i have a deep care and respect for this van and don't want to buy one only to find out na d ko kaya yung cost to restore it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It would be very difficult for anyone to give an estimate without anything for reference. Some pictures of the unit (exterior/interior/engine) you are planning to buy would be helpful.

Also how extensive a restore job do you want? ... it could be as extensive as a strip down for rust repair & full exterior/interior repaint of the body, etc. and prepping it to look like new or a simpler (and cheaper) refresher spray-over paint job.

3. Join Date
    May 2011

the paint i think i just want to just refresh it. however i want to change the interior and rust repair.

oh and anyone know anybody that has experience restoring a kombi?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Rust and underbody repair cost will depend a whole lot on how much rust there is. You could spend as little as a couple of thousand up to 20k to 30k to 40k to 50k...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    rust, metalwork and paint are easy.
    your problem will be spare body parts and accessories, if you have to replace any.
    btw, the yellow type 2 in the picture looks good.. i wonder what you want to fix...

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    basically just the interior. what to change the seats and sound system basically add a little modern tech to it.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    we have the same passion sir , patience and hardwork paid off
    after 4 mons , was able to transform my bus into this.
    parts are available so no need to worry,
    try visiting VWCS site , theres a ton of useful info and tips over there,
    good luck sa project

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by k-9 View Post
    we have the same passion sir , patience and hardwork paid off
    after 4 mons , was able to transform my bus into this.
    parts are available so no need to worry,
    try visiting VWCS site , theres a ton of useful info and tips over there,
    good luck sa project

now thats a VW kombi.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    by the way anybody here can recommend a good shop that has experience restoring kombis? pref. in Manila or San Juan. or some where near.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I also want to get a kombi and have it restored. I want the Kombi T1.. Do you guys know where I can get one and a decent restore shop here in the philippines.. I wanted this van like hell since I was a kid.. I wanna have it restored and get it to top shape.. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
VW kombi