New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dfopiso View Post
    i heard aside from Baguio, TI is in Clark?

who tookover/bought the facilities of Intel (sa Cavite ba yun?) sayang naman if it was left to rot
    Not quite sure if the Intel campus in Cavite was sold and repurposed but I don't see why not. The facility there was mostly packaging and testing if I remember correctly. Pretty neat place actually.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    He does have a point. Anyone with enough training and the tools can install those things.

If we however can build a better crane enough to make Tadano sit up and take notice then we're talking.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the local market for construction machinery/earthmoving machinery is moving from surplus to brand new

almost every surplus equipment importer we know has added brand new units or shifted entirely to brand new

the most popular excavators here are brand new Hyundais and Volvos

there are many China brands here na

everybody here is grabbing distributorships left and right

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what industry i'm from?

Japan is getting killed coz of the strong yen

japan used heavy machines cost so much that local customers are shifting to brand new Korea and China coz the prices are so close

that is why the trend now is getting distributorships of brand new equipment

everybody's doing it

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    He does have a point. Anyone with enough training and the tools can install those things.

If we however can build a better crane enough to make Tadano sit up and take notice then we're talking.
    Well these things are stages, we have to give our industries time to develop and that means technical collaborations and joint ventures are some of the easiest ways to jumpstart things. I mean why reinvent anything else when you can buy it now?

Innovation will happen. If you look at Centro its roots are from MD Juan, they made body kits for WW2 jeeps. They still do actually.

Almazora is primarily a coach builder.

But we're nitpicking on industries here to appease sensibilities. We need to look into competitive areas and see why growth and opportunities abound there well enough for people to invest in it.

Clearly the auto industry is too small to set up on a scale that will make sense in serving markets in SEAsia the way Thailand does. For one we're detached from Indo China.

But we need to look at things fairly with due consideration to the merits of each industry relative to what it does.

More often than not it isn't a vote for or against the Filipino public why industries crop up and recede as it does with the global market.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    signs of improvement? or simply better ROI bec brand new will last longer than surplus?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    bulok ang China

i've heard many horror stories na

we have customers that shifted to china equipment then they're back to surplus haha

Hyundai ok. ang laban ng brand new sa service. and warranty syempre

japan surplus kasi as-is ang benta. pero pag sariwa ang machine taon itatagal

good for us? good for manufacturers abroad. syempre dagdag benta ang Pinas

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kahit sa ibang industry -- everybody's asking one question -- ANO BRAND ANG PWEDE IPARATING?

BRANDS are THE thing

makuha mo lang ang distributorship ng isang kilalang brand you're printing money

konting trabaho lang. hintay ka lang ng container van. pag dating tawagan mo lahat ng distributor mo. you don't even need to be in the office. just a reliable secretary to run the whole freaking business for you

no need to manage a factory. no labor problems. no headache

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm rooting for this:

Rubber-tired and driver-less. Lots of software engineers for the controls. Lots of coachbuilders for the body. No need for compound curves. A box with windows on wheels will do

Demand? Heck if it's cheap enough every major city will want one.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    what industry i'm from?

Japan is getting killed coz of the strong yen

japan used heavy machines cost so much that local customers are shifting to brand new Korea and China coz the prices are so close

that is why the trend now is getting distributorships of brand new equipment

everybody's doing it
    That's because it makes economic sense to do so. Why build it or buy it from the most expensive manufacturer when something cheaper does the job just the same?

In the case of Komatsu, its set up facilities outside Japan to be closer to their target markets and insulate them from the strong Yen. Same thing with Hyundai and its car plants in the southern US. Nothing against South Korea here.

CAT competes now in terms of efficiency and sheer size with its hybrid drives just to keep ahead of the competition, but the clientele for their ultra heavies are limited.

Brands come with it built in reputation for value.

Dollars and sense.