New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sabagay, kahit nun bago palang gumagawa ang japan na gumagawa ng oto medyo hindi din maganda gawa nila pero binili pa rin ng mga kababayan nila hangang nagimprove nga sila.

we can start from that...
    Last edited by dprox; November 23rd, 2007 at 02:39 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    FOR FRANCISCO MOTORS AND OTHER LOCAL ENTREPRENEURS......(Tsikot PHUV Core Group?..)

Make world-class products, firms told
    Manila Bulletin
    November 23, 2007
    Charissa M. Luci

SUBIC — John Gokongwei Jr., chair emeritus of JG Summit Holdings Inc, has challenged Filipino companies to create world-class products, as he cited the significant role of entrepreneurs in country’s development and stability.

Gokongwei called on Filipino businessmen to "excel" in the international business arena and to create more jobs for Filipinos as their contribution to country’s economic takeoff.

"I have always wondered, like many of us, why we Filipinos have not lived up to our potential...But to be truly great nation, we must also excel as entrepreneurs before the world. We must create Filipino brands for the global market place.

"If we want to be philosophical, we can say that, with a world-class brand, we create pride for our nation. If we want to be practical, we can say that, with brands that succeed in the world, we create more jobs for our people, right here," he said as he lamented that Filipino companies do not have a truly global brand.

"Our country is wellknown for its labor, as we continue to export people around the world...But by and large, the Philippines has no big industrial base," the 81-year old Gokongwei said. "WE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO TRY--EVEN IF WE ARE LAUGHED AT," the business tycoon stressed.

Create world-class brands," Gokongwei said, noting that most of their food and beverage products, including Jack and Jill potato chips and C2 have reached foreign markets.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Does the 2007 Anfra have the Tamaraw FX two rows facing forward passenger seating layout as an alternative to the jeepney style face to face layout?
    Hello donbuggy,

I don't think they will come out with a model like that unless they come out with a 5 door model. I think the plan is to make the anfra an alternative people carrier. In fact I was discussing this with our admin officer in charge of all our company drivers and vehicles, and he suggested that we buy 2 surplus car seats ( about 2k each) and install it in the anfra. The center has to be vacant so that entry to the seats can be done from the rear door. This will give you 2 additional sliding and reclining seats in the second row. Then the side folding seats can be cut into half and install it as a shorter side facing jump seats. This will be another alternative people's carrier configuration. I think the Anfra can be made a project car. Mura lang kasi and simple lang. Maybe put mag wheels also and roof rack. pati stickers narin Baka pogi narin siya. He he he.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by spectral View Post
    This is precisely the reason why the local car industry is dying. They keep on coming up with ugly, shoddy and substandard products and expect the Filipinos to give them a break.

Mahirap ang pera ngayon and the Filipinos want "value" for their hard-earned money.

"Pwede na yan" doesn't cut it anymore. We as consumers demand good quality and nothing else!

How many times to they need to "learn" this lesson? Jeeez!
    Honestly, I agree with you. Precisely why we Pinoys should start manufacturing our own local vehicles such as Anfra, Tsikot PHUV etc. because the "so-called local manufacturers or local industry"--is dominated by CAMPI members, foreign-manufacturers with local assembly here, the other big boys car manufacturers, the illegal importers of car (i.e. "SUVic-the rolling coffins,"), legit importers-- are all one way or another selling substandard vehicles in the Philippine market, based on the comments posted here in Tsikot.

Eventually, as we support local manufacturing of Pinoy vehicles, in no time we can create our own niche in our own market as well as in the Asian and world market.
    Last edited by jpdm; November 26th, 2007 at 08:37 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by monmendoza View Post
    Hello donbuggy,

I don't think they will come out with a model like that unless they come out with a 5 door model. I think the plan is to make the anfra an alternative people carrier. In fact I was discussing this with our admin officer in charge of all our company drivers and vehicles, and he suggested that we buy 2 surplus car seats ( about 2k each) and install it in the anfra. The center has to be vacant so that entry to the seats can be done from the rear door. This will give you 2 additional sliding and reclining seats in the second row. Then the side folding seats can be cut into half and install it as a shorter side facing jump seats. This will be another alternative people's carrier configuration. I think the Anfra can be made a project car. Mura lang kasi and simple lang. Maybe put mag wheels also and roof rack. pati stickers narin Baka pogi narin siya. He he he.

Yes yes yes

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    hwaw, so the spectre became a spectre. no wonder his user name is like that.

"...and he's a ghost afterall"
    -Takahashi Ryusuke, Initial-D 4th stage
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    gud pm,

gud job mr anfra, iangat natin ang sariling atin.......

i am the owner of old anfra yung mala pldt ang dating, luma na sya kaya gusto kong i-improve ang itsura nya........sana meron kayong offer ng enhancement kahit yung body lang kasi ok pa naman ang machine nya....

go go go !!!! mr anfra
    Last edited by jimlen1025; November 30th, 2007 at 04:13 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nice to meet you, i'm mr. francisco btw.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    How the heck can Anfra compete with the japanese and Korean brands?
    You don't compete with them directly.
    The best thing I can think of(if its possible in the RP), is to form a joint venture with an extablished automaker.
    For example: A low priced AUV based on the old Revo or Tamaraw FX(licensed of course).

India's Mahindra didn't just make their own SUVs all of a sudden.
    They licensed Kaiser Jeep models back at the end of the 40's and later on from AMC, they soon added their own modifications and upgrades until they started making their own designs.

(below are some of the updated Jeeps)
    Mahindra CL

Mahindra Maxx

latest models, the Mahindra Scorpio SUV & Pickup (no longer related to the old Jeeps)

Last edited by AG4; December 4th, 2007 at 07:07 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    ... The best thing I can think of(if its possible in the RP), is to form a joint venture with an extablished automaker. ...
    Fiat pulled out honorably from its agreements with Francisco Motors in the mid-90s.
    I think Francisco was actually moving towards that direction with Mazda --
    until Mazda breached its contract with Francisco in Year 2000.
    Malas na lang siguro at kinapalmuks ng Ford/Mazda ang Francisco.

There are pros and cons to licensing and joint ventures. Thus far, Francisco's history is replete with cons, so it's understandable for Francisco to want to stand on its own Filipino feet. Francisco Motors will stand or fall, depending on how the Pinoy market responds to its products.

Other native Filipino automotive enterprises should be wary.
    Shucks, even CAMPI members are shaking in their boots.
    Last edited by dprox; December 4th, 2007 at 11:55 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
"HELP improve Anfra 2007"