New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi Guys,

Our eldest has a field trip to Avilon Zoo tomorrow, and though she'll be with her Mom on the school bus, nagpapasundo si Kumander para diretso uwi na after.

Anyhow, wanted to ask if anyone was there recently or knows about the roads getting to the zoo. Read feedback that the roads weren't too good (?) especially during rainy season.

Kaya ba ng kotse/van, or kelangan ba ng mas mataas-taas? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    AFAIK kaya ng kotse/van. Definetly kayang kaya ng GS mo yan sir. Matagal tagal na rin ako di nakapunta dun Revo days ko pa. But I think roads are improved right now.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    AFAIK kaya ng kotse/van. Definetly kayang kaya ng GS mo yan sir. Matagal tagal na rin ako di nakapunta dun Revo days ko pa. But I think roads are improved right now.
    Thanks bro. Was checking on reviews at tripadvisor and they were mentioning about the road condition, especially during rainy season. And guess what? It's raining again! Hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Kaya po ng car, medyo maputik lang pag maulan

5. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Medyo rough road nga doon kaya dahan dahan lang sa pag drive para hindi masyadong maalog.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I've been there before and a few things you need to consider bringing. An SUV or a high ground clearance vehicle, a sweater or a jacket and some insect repellant coz there are a lot of insects and boy do they bite. Wear long pants or if your daughter has to wear a skirt for her uniform ask her to wear long socks or stockings to protect her legs from insect bites.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oops! Forgot to update this thread.

Got lucky with the weather when we went. The sun was up and cloud cover was non-existent. So while it was very hot most of the time in the Zoo itself due to a lot of cemented paths and not as many covered locations, it was good for the road outside. The road leading to the zoo's entrance is (still, as I'm told by others who've been there in the past) not paved. It should get muddy and slippery quickly with a little precipitation. Di bale nang maalikabok yung itim na oto, at least hindi putik na madulas.

Waze was good. The review on trip advisor that I re-read after the trip actually had the reviewer take the road close to the spillway. I had chosen the quickest route -- which turned out to be Commonwealth then Payatas road. Kalaban mo nga lang dito yung mga dump truck heading for the garbage dumps/land fills and some roadwork. Oh, and if you don't like moon crater-marked steep mountain roads, eto din ang makakalaban mo.

Was told that the bus took IBP road and San Mateo road. While it was wider and perhaps not as steep and rough -- the wife got to snooze on the bus on the way there I was informed -- it was a slower, more congested route. This was the same route the buses took, and according to some parents who I chatted with the next day, it took them about 3.5 hours ++ to get to Makati. Of course, rush hour kicked in by then. For reference, the Payatas road route got us to Ortigas , with rush hour, within 1.5 hours.

Would I want to go back to Avilon Zoo? Definitely! Hopefully on a cloudy day this time. Basta hindi maulan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^December to Feb is a good time to go there. I have promised to take my younger kiddie there before Christmas.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    ^December to Feb is a good time to go there. I have promised to take my younger kiddie there before Christmas.
    Ayt Bro! Take the LC (?) in your avatar....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Ayt Bro! Take the LC (?) in your avatar....
    LOL. The only thing i own in that Avatar is the teddy bear. Balang araw.

I'll take the trusty 'ol LC80 or the Grandia when we do go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Avilon Zoo