New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    This is for a Honda Civic Sir. Matagal sya hindi nagamit because it had a bad engine. I've purchased the unit and about to complete engine swapping swapping so ready to go na ulit sya.

Two years na paso ang registration nya and was wondering how much it would cost to finally have it renewed sa LTO? Plate ends in 3.

To anyone who has a similar experience, please share your thoughts naman on the pricing structure of late registrations.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    go to your nearest LTO and inquire.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Atienza View Post
    This is for a Honda Civic Sir. Matagal sya hindi nagamit because it had a bad engine. I've purchased the unit and about to complete engine swapping swapping so ready to go na ulit sya.

Two years na paso ang registration nya and was wondering how much it would cost to finally have it renewed sa LTO? Plate ends in 3.

To anyone who has a similar experience, please share your thoughts naman on the pricing structure of late registrations.

TIA
    4. How much is the fine for a late registration?

There is a weekly fine for late registration of Php200.00. And for a month delayed of payment, the fine shall become 50% of the MVUC.

Motor Vehicle Registration

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Experenced this sa bike ko,4 yrs dko narehistro pinalakad ko lang sa kakilala ko kaya binayaran ko lang e yung penalty nung same year na neristri ko sya ksai late ako ng 2 months sa pagrehistro then.dko lang sure ngayon coz it was 2 years ago

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    go to your nearest LTO and inquire.
    Thank you for your extremely detailed post.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pardon, but... it's actually good advice. my bet is, that is exactly what you are going to do.
    your predicament is a little masalimuot..
    first, you will change ownership to your name. this entails the regular chpg (or whatever they call it now) clearance.
    second, you do engine swap. you have to have documentation from whoever sold you the engine. the chpg clearance needed here can be covered by the one i mentioned above.
    third, you are two years in arrears. you will have to pay these, even if your name doesn't appear in the registration papers. (from what i remember, there is a two or three year cap on back-registration payment penalty. this means, no matter how long the car remained un-renewed, you can be charged only as far back as 2 or 3 years (forget which), plus penalties..)
    fourth, you are way past the #3 deadline. more penalties..

costing: chpg clearance + 2 years back-registration + current registration + penalties + car drug test (emissions test. heh heh) + requisite TPL insurance. my estimate is 10-12K.

good luck. and enjoy your ride.. SIR ba ngang tunay? o look-alike...? salivate, salivate...

comment: i suggest you go the entire process all at the same time. otherwise, you will have to go thru it twice.. once for the registration and transfer of ownership, once again for the engine swap.

go to the LTO for document requirements, costs, and sequence of event procedures. you might be able to request audience with the boss there. you may be surprised at just how nice they are..

and it's probably easier if you go to the original LTO branch where the car was first registered. it's in the CR.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 18th, 2014 at 12:30 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Spot on dr. d
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    i dont know with the cage, but on my 2 wheels 4 yrs, i only paid 56/yr(incl. 12%vat) plus registration...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bfphuket View Post
    i dont know with the cage, but on my 2 wheels 4 yrs, i only paid 56/yr(incl. 12%vat) plus registration...
    Yes, sa bike ko before, 1 month late fine equals 1 year late penalty.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    brad sana wag mo naman masamain ung comments sayo, ung final amount ng penalty at other payables ang makakapagbigay lan nyan ay LTO, if duda ka pwede ka naman mag canvas sa ibang LTO office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast