New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Good news fellow Tsikoteers!

Senate OKs Lemon law | Manila Bulletin | Latest Breaking News | News Philippines

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    This is good news!

teka for signature pa ni Pnoy yan diba?

then IRR then publication then dun pa lang mag take effect.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Maybe next year pa full implementation nyan. I hope I'm wrong!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    SECTION 5. Repair Attempts. - At any time within the Lemon Law rights periods and after at least four (4) separate repair attempts by the .same manufacturer, distributor, authorized dealer or retailer for the same complaint, and the non-conformity issue remains unresolved, the consumer, may invoke his rights wider this Act. The repair may include replacement of parts, components, or assemblies.

from
    http://www.senate.gov.ph/lisdata/1904716166!.pdf

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    hindi na-mention ang protection for buyers of used vehicles.

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    It's law already according to Sen. Bam Aquino :-) But don't take my word for it. :-) Palagay ko naman hindi na i veto ito ni Pnoy.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Ok yan!!!!

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Used cars? Hehheheh

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    for brand new cars nga lang itong SB 2211 (Villar, Estrada-Ejercito, Aquino).

i wonder what happened to SB 2464 which also protects buyers of used cars..

Then consolidated Senate Bill (SB) 2464 was principally authored by Villar (SB 775) along with Sens. Aquilino Pimentel (SB 1812) and Miriam Defensor-Santiago (SB 2445).

Stressing that a motor vehicle is a major economic investment, Villar filed Senate Bill 89 or the Lemon Law entitled, "An Act providing protection and remedies to buyers of new and used motor vehicles."

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by admiralpye View Post
    It's law already according to Sen. Bam Aquino :-) But don't take my word for it. :-) Palagay ko naman hindi na i veto ito ni Pnoy.

[/QUOTE]The Senate has passed on third and final reading a bill seeking to protect consumers from buying “lemon” or substandard vehicles.

Senate Bill No. 2211 or the Lemon Law, seeks to protect consumers in the sale of motor vehicles against sales and trade practices “that are deceptive, unfair or otherwise inimical to the consumers and the public interest.”[/quote]

Bill pa lang ma'am.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Senate OKs Phil Lemon Law