New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I live in a small side street where my neighbors have one-car garages but too many cars. Most of them park on the streets, more specifically in front of the houses. I brought my car for a week there (I usually leave it in the provice when not needed) and tried parking at free spaces, however, pinapaalis ako ng mga may-ari ng bahay because the space in front of their houses are "reserved" daw for them.

Is there really a law that states that? If there is then I'll keep quiet. Pero kung wala, then I want to exert my right to park at any free space near my place.

Sino po ba ang nasa tama? Hoping to b enlightened on this matter once and for all. Thanks! =)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    You should have a garage of your own, it's as simple as that.

I myself would not allow others to park in front of my house either as I would have a hard time manuevering my car in and out of my garage.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Normally, in most streets, parking space in front of homes are for the residents of that home. Exceptions is when there is something like a parking zone ruling like parking only on one side of the street, where residents need to share all the spaces on that side.

Else, you need to park on your own garage, or in front of your own home, unless maybe you get permission from another homeowner to park in front of their home.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    dude to be safe since nasabihan kana ng me ari ng bahay wag mo na ipilit baka magulat kanalang kinabukasan na puro gasgas sasakyan mo....ako ayoko din na me pumaparada sa harap ng bahay ko since malaking abala ito sa me sasakyang katulad ko..ayan tagalog na tagalog hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Why not put a reserved parking sign stand in front of your house same in establishments where they only allow clients to park, it's that simple where parking spaces are scarce. And just as mile2 said, you are better way off having your own garage.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    private property is limited to the space that the owner has bought thus in a residential area, it's bbounded by fance to simply identify their property. beyond that, that is already public domain as long as there is no law or ordinance that state otherwise, by all means you can park. the owner of the property adjacent does not have the right to get rid of you unless he/she has proof that he bought the piece of land or street.

the same is true to commercial areas where they use the street as parking slot. the guard has no right. ang dami ko ng napagsabihan na guard dahil dyan. kc daw utos ng amo nila or walang paparadahan amo nila. sabi ko, tawagin mo amo mo at dalahin nya titolo ng lupa na pagaari nya itong kalye.

but then, the risk is baka bweltahan ang kotse mo dahil napahya sila not being able to justify their twisted mentality. alam muna naman mentalidad ng iba sa atin, pikon talo.

but then again, parking in the street you take all the risk involve dahil nga public domain, so better have your own garage.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by christine00900 View Post
    I live in a small side street where my neighbors have one-car garages but too many cars. Most of them park on the streets, more specifically in front of the houses. I brought my car for a week there (I usually leave it in the provice when not needed) and tried parking at free spaces, however, pinapaalis ako ng mga may-ari ng bahay because the space in front of their houses are "reserved" daw for them.

Is there really a law that states that? If there is then I'll keep quiet. Pero kung wala, then I want to exert my right to park at any free space near my place.

Sino po ba ang nasa tama? Hoping to b enlightened on this matter once and for all. Thanks! =)
    As per the Zoning rules and MMDA regulations, parking a vehicle on the sidewalk is prohibited. Housing or Zoning regulations state that there should be at least a 1 meter wide space from the curb of the road to the structure for pedestrian. Parking along the road depends on local (i.e Barangay) regulations. If parking along the road is allowed then it should be to one side only. "RESERVE" parking is not allowed unless the owner of the structure or establishment affected "PAYS" the corresponding parking dues to the local or Municipal Government.
    The owner of the house has no right to tell you that the parking space is a "RESERVE" parking. HE/She can only ask you not to block his/her driveway. As long as you do not inconvenience anybody and if parking is allowed in your street, you have the right to park your car in that street.

As an example, I live in a compound where there is one common driveway. there are five cars in this compound and every night we here have to give way to those leaving early. When we park our cars, we make sure that the accesses are not blocked.

Most often, ABS-CBN would usually shoot scenes for their Tele-novelas in a house not far from where I live. There would we a huge number of cars, jeeps, trucks, etc. in our area, mostly parked along both sides of the street. The BSDO would often re-direct traffic and make our street one-way if not totally block the whole street. My concern is that as long my driveway is not blocked then I could care less.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    Normally, in most streets, parking space in front of homes are for the residents of that home. Exceptions is when there is something like a parking zone ruling like parking only on one side of the street, where residents need to share all the spaces on that side.

Else, you need to park on your own garage, or in front of your own home, unless maybe you get permission from another homeowner to park in front of their home.
    Hello po.

No offense, but why do I need to ask permission from the homeowener if I could park in front of their house? I'm not blocking the sidewalk nor am I blocking his driveway. I would understand if its for polite reasons. As Pinoys are sooooo sensitive.

I'm renting now and unfortunately there is no garage. All I'm saying is if they do not pay any taxes on the public space, why would they prohibit me from parking when it clearly states that these are public spaces and not their private properties.

=)

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pwede ka naman mag park.. kaya lang baka kung ano gawin nila sa sasakyan mo.. so better maghanap ka na lang nang pay parking.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyChaser View Post
    As per the Zoning rules and MMDA regulations, parking a vehicle on the sidewalk is prohibited. Housing or Zoning regulations state that there should be at least a 1 meter wide space from the curb of the road to the structure for pedestrian. Parking along the road depends on local (i.e Barangay) regulations. If parking along the road is allowed then it should be to one side only. "RESERVE" parking is not allowed unless the owner of the structure or establishment affected "PAYS" the corresponding parking dues to the local or Municipal Government.
    The owner of the house has no right to tell you that the parking space is a "RESERVE" parking. HE/She can only ask you not to block his/her driveway. As long as you do not inconvenience anybody and if parking is allowed in your street, you have the right to park your car in that street.
    Thank you. This is exactly my point. The place I'm renting right now does not have a garage. And when I do need to bring my car to Manila, I always make sure I park near my place, in a "free space" not blocking any sidewalks or driveways or any major essential public utilities (hydrant, etc.) FYI. This is a side street - purely residential, not a major highway.

I'm just pissed. I believe that as long as I am not bothering anybody and am not breaking any laws, then I should not have been asked to move my car. Yun lang. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Parking in front of the house