New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I watched a show in motoring today last weekend in which one of the issues discussed by the hosts was lifting of the coding scheme.

The rationale was that the scheme has been becoming ineffective as years passed as Filipinos learned to adapt to the rule by buying a 2nd vehicle. Thereby instead of having 1 vehicle limited once weekly you know have on the average 2 vehicles per household being used at least 4x on weekdays. Which increased congestion as more and more small vehicles become affordable as well.

A decade ago this was an effective means of limiting vehicles on the roads but now its becoming a reason for buying a second vehicle.

Rather than buying 2 vehicles per household lifting the rule will encourage families to just maintain 1 vehicle or at least majority of pinoys.

What do you think guys, more than a decade after this scheme panahon na ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    After ten years of coding... lifting it is nine years overdue.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ideally, 20% ng mga sasakyan ang matatanggal sa mga roads, kaso ano kaya ang mas accurate na figure? Hmmmmm....

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I've always thought the coding scheme is a poor solution to Manila's traffic problem.

Mass transit system and traffic enforcement is still the best answer. Many of the traffic congestions are actually "artificial". All you have to do is carefully look at where the congestions appear, and you'll see they're caused by jeepneys, tricycles, pedicabs and buses. This is compounded by malfunctioning traffic lights, traffic enforcers sitting in the shade, and parked police vehicles with sleeping policemen inside.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its too bad that our public officials and road managers are more into stop-gap, simplistic and short-sighted solutions to the traffic mess. If lifting the number coding is 9 years overdue, I'd like to add that getting rid of jeeps and 10-year old buses is 20 years overdue!

Wala talaga kasing political will ang gobyerno to instill discipline the public transport sector. Kita mo, mag babanta lang ng tigil-pasada umiikot na puwet ng LTFRB at DOTC. Jeez, you don't see this kind of s#it in other countries. :mad:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it has to be lifted imho. pero i dont see it being lifted at the republic of makati.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    [SIZE=4]they should be making a new traffic scheme that would make a big impact to the "metro" not just to a single city..........[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymorgaine16r View Post
    [SIZE=4]they should be making a new traffic scheme that would make a big impact to the "metro" not just to a single city..........[/SIZE]
    like what? can you give suggestions?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    pwede rin na alisin na ang coding. Pero sana lang mabawasan lahat ng public vehicles kasi sobrang dami nila.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Get rid of number coding.
    Increase fines on traffic penalties = more sweldo for ur policeman/traffic aids, hopefully they can hire more educated ones due to the salary. More money to go around on road works.
    Imagine, may illegal terminal sa tabi, hulihin mo sila lahat...3k php bawat license to claim.
    Driving without proper lights, marami sa commonwealth, 2k php bawat huli. Justified since pagnakabangga ka at wala kang ilaw..3k ang babayaran mo sa insurance as participation if old car...eto nga discounted na.

Bawal magdrive without license. Kung naiwan mo sa bahay, iwan mo car mo sa police station, kunin mo license mo, balik ka dun after to claim your car. Fax copy would suffice pag far away yun bahay mo.

Driving w/o license = 10k php.

So those drivers who say that, "Driver lng ako maawa kayo" para makatakas sa mga kelangan nila panagutan..hopefully, mawawala na.

Those who get to drive are those following traffic rules. Since if you can't afford the fine, then don't violate.

Let me add...more than 6 violations a year = revoked license for 1 year.

Just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Number/Color Coding Scheme, Dapat na bang tanggalin?