New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    100 kph can be a bit slow pero for that speed, it is considered a "safe speed".

Siguro kung 110 o 120 kph ang MAX na gawin nila with the 100 as the "recommended safe speed". Any car going 130 kph or above is caught.

My two cents.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    100 kph can be a bit slow pero for that speed, it is considered a "safe speed".

Siguro kung 110 o 120 kph ang MAX na gawin nila with the 100 as the "recommended safe speed". Any car going 130 kph or above is caught.

My two cents.
    I agree. If you want to travel at high speed then build your own highway. Tandaan hindi lang kayo ang gumagamit ng daan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pick one:

trucks, buses, jeepneys & other PUVs travelling at 100kph

or

cars travelling at 120kph

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    None. :D

buti kung aabot ng 100kph yung jeep

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Been passing NLEX going to and from Baguio practically every weekend of for the past 6 weeks. Twice on my bike and Twice in my station wagon. On both I run over 150 kph on empty sections and have not been arrested/warned/stopped/held.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    buti kung aabot ng 100kph yung jeep
    Some of them can even hit 120kph.

You should also see the buses & empty cargo trucks travelling at around 100kph...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The funniest thing I've seen is AUVs going 140+ kph on the NLEX. I've actually done it in one, and it felt as safe as 80 kph on SLEX.

Not that I condone OVERspeeding, but I'm a firm believer that the "safe" speed is dependent on conditions and is not merely a flat, uniform figure... 140 kph on the SLEX or 100 kph on EDSA is vastly more dangerous than 200 kph on the NLEX.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    Some of them can even hit 120kph.
    problem is, can they stop in time with those "de bomba" brakes? Are those PUJs or owner type jeeps?

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    problem is, can they stop in time with those "de bomba" brakes? Are those PUJs or owner type jeeps?
    Yes they can stop if their brake system is in good condition. With the "de bomba brake (usually may problema sa master)" they can stop also in time kapag may alalay at maganda ang distansya.

NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]