New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 167 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napansin ko din yang MNTC Patrol sa taas ng overpass. i was travelling at 110kph (and with my bigger tires, the actual speed might be more than 120kph). akala ko mahuhuli na ako. pero hindi naman. i think have an EC Tag might help a little. you won't have to pass through a booth with a teller that can see your plate number.
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here's the pix of the NLEX Speed Trap.

the camera is mounted on the pole (located after the concrete structure). I guess that it'll take the picture of your rear license plate number.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the picture looks like its near the petron tabang area, manila bound, since i count 4 lanes.

do you think its correct to assume those pole mounted cameras are also near the locations of the emergency parkings or telephone booths? for technical convinience and security of the equipments.

going to subic tommorrow, pag masdan ko mabuti. not that i will try to beat these cameras. 80-90kph lang ako pag corolla gamit, to conserve gas. but iba na pag naka dmax or maybe pag gabi. snikt sneak snikt.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by kurt
    the picture looks like its near the petron tabang area, manila bound, since i count 4 lanes.

do you think its correct to assume those pole mounted cameras are also near the locations of the emergency parkings or telephone booths? for technical convinience and security of the equipments.

going to subic tommorrow, pag masdan ko mabuti. not that i will try to beat these cameras. 80-90kph lang ako pag corolla gamit, to conserve gas. but iba na pag naka dmax or maybe pag gabi. snikt sneak snikt.

malamang nasa emergency parking and telephone areas. there are high poles there. technical convenience yan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just after yan ng meycauayan exit.

oo nga pala... yung mga cameras laging may parang small building sa tabi, kung wala naman nasa kabilang side ng highway... di ko nga sure kung anong laman nun

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I don't think these are speed traps. Notice that you'll see most of it close to emergency parking and call booths. I think they use these cameras to monitor the whole stretch of NLEX in case of accidents and emergencies.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wax
    I don't think these are speed traps. Notice that you'll see most of it close to emergency parking and call booths. I think they use these cameras to monitor the whole stretch of NLEX in case of accidents and emergencies.
    if you'll observe the highway... there's a a horizontal tar strip situated adjacent to the camera. ian_rex's cousin (who works with an NLEX contractor) said that the speed traps are imbedded in the highway.

and also, the MNTC also monitors the average speed of cars on each lane.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sana gawin nalang nila yung speed limit sa second to the left lane tpos yung left lane walang limit ala autobhan

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I was in the NLEX last Sunday, from Balintawak to Pulilan and vice versa. I was trying to locate the cameras and speed traps pero hindi ko nakita. What I observed were the speeding cars overtaking me when I was running at 120-130 kph.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    madami speeding dun. ako lang guilty. mabagal talaga ang 100. yung speed trap meron sa bocaue barrier. hindi sila ganun kadami,

Page 7 of 167 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]