New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 167 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bakit kasi nagi-exceed ang ibang tao sa speed limit? maybe a 110 on 100kph speed limit is fine. Pero kung 30 kph more is something else.

Sabagay ako din naman! hehehehe!!!

NLEX

Qouting WikiPedia:

"80 km/h near Metro Manila, 100 km/h in rural areas, but 120 km/h is permitted. Speed limits are strictly enforced via CCTV cameras, and speeders are usually identified as soon as they hit the tollbooth. However, this hasn't stopped the road from being a popular spot for people to test high end sports cars. The highest recorded speed on the NLEx is 320 km/h by a modified Nissan Skyline GT-R[1]."

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    Somehow, the words "bus driver" and "credible testimony" don't seem to be compatible in my vocabulary
    haha..dont look down naman on bus drivers. even if they are rude most of the time...may ok din naman especially those driving provincial buses. and when you get a ticket sa nle they write "overspeeding" and the speed recorded on the ticket so malamang totoo naman. i got two tickets na e. and lagi nakalagay dun ung speed. hehe..320? wow...was he caught or was it an allowed "test drive" along nle? hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    docchris,

I beg to diagree about provincial bus drivers. I live in Pangasinan and I travel to Tarlac City weekly, and along the NLEX once or twice a month. I've lost track of the number of times I've been bullied (e.g. mag-o-overtake sila kahit na super-lapit na yung kasalubong nila, dinadaan sa laki), nearly sideswiped, or overtaken by those provincial buses along the highway even though I already travel at the top legal speed (100 kph on NLEX and 80 kph on unpopulated stretches of the provincial highways).

I keep my distance from them as much as possible (especially buses of Victory, Partas, Dagupan Bus and Dominion), so please forgive my disdain for their driving habits. Of course, your mileage may vary

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey177 View Post
    I keep my distance from them as much as possible (especially buses of Victory, Partas, Dagupan Bus and Dominion), so please forgive my disdain for their driving habits. Of course, your mileage may vary
    You forgot Saulog.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    well yeah, im just from angeles city. but i do travel nle to mla 2 to 4 x a week back and forth. and most of the time they stay in their rightful lanes in the nle...and they are courteous naman...pero the buses in manila, the ones that lurk in edsa are really insane and ive seen how they can casue accidents right beforemy eyes. but nonetheless, i cannot agree with you regarding their credibility with what they said. now, enough with the defending of their credibilty...point is, stick to the limit because even if such a leeway exists from 100 to 120 kmh in the speed limit, be very careful because youll never know if theyll strictly comply with the posted 100 kmh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by docchris View Post
    ...point is, stick to the limit because even if such a leeway exists from 100 to 120 kmh in the speed limit, be very careful because youll never know if theyll strictly comply with the posted 100 kmh.
    Well said, sir. Have a safe day

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    thanks mikey...learned that the hard way...was given a ticket along nle twice for overspeeding...and my license was suspended for the second time aside from the 800 pesos i had to shell out for it...oh well...thats why i have no plans of overspeeding coz the third time has a 1000 fine plus license revocation...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i have a taxi driver friend who was caught in nlex running at 101kph according sa reading ng mga enforcers. napakiusapan daw nya at syempre may lagay na 200 pesos.then they let him go.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK they don't apprehend you if you're running 110-120kph...medyo debatable kasi ang radar reading and speedometer reading ng sasakyan so prone for dispute yan. They actually explained to me that their radar/camera read-out and kuha should show more than 120kph before apprehending the violator.

If you contest the huli, they have the picture as proof.

IMO more than 101kph ang takbo nya (pinapasakay ka lang siguro ng kaibigan mo).

Ang alam ko rin hindi sila nang hihingi ng lagay (of course iba kung ikaw ang magbibigay grasya na ba't hindi mo pa tatangapin) kasi naka-radyo ang lahat ng huli nila (there are about 2 radar cops tha know it and there are about 2-4 arresting cops on the toll exit that would also know about it)... so more than 1 person ang gigimik at nakakaalam ng MO ng pangongotong - delikado yun para sa kanila.

I know that kasi nung nahuli ako about 3 years back sinubukan ko rin yan (maglagay), and they explained "hindi po ubra palagpasin dahil nakapicture at nakaradyo na po ang huli niyo"...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i have friend who hit 240 km/h in NLEX. hinde na sila pinaabot sa toll gate, pinara sila infront of total gas station.

NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]