New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 167 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is there a way to contact or send our sentiments to the NLEX people?

Seriously, 100kph is too slow and can even be dangerous and tiring since you'll have to concentrate more to maintain that speed... articles have been written about this in the US before. Personally the 120kph range is quite acceptable; when i "go with the flow" this is the usual speed range (100-120kph).

Or maybe they can implement the 100kph rule in congested portions like the Bulacan - Manila area then raise it to 120 at the open areas (Pampanga area).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think 100kph is okay lang kasi 'yon ang crusing speed ng XUvi ko, hehehe Nakakatakot na if I go beyond 120kph with my ride.
    Pero kung kotse ang dala ko, 100kph is way too slow.

OT:
    Sa CA ang max speed sa interstate hiway is 70mph. OR is also 70mph, but AZ is 75mph. I think depende sa states 'yong max speed. Pero 75mph na talaga 'yong fastest.
    CA state does implement air patrol on their interstates.

Yes you can go with the flow, in fact hinuhuli dun ang slow drivers kung mabibibilis ang flow. If you want to go on high speed 75+mph, you can stick to the left lane para di masyadong obvious.
    Last edited by 20vanda01; May 31st, 2005 at 10:09 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dang..grabe nga..i got the chance to drive last fri..grabe ang bagal ng 100kph...yung iba iniiwan ako para akong pagong!!!!

later ulit then saturday..increase ko nga ng konti yung speed ko..herherher

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Is there a way to contact or send our sentiments to the NLEX people?

Seriously, 100kph is too slow and can even be dangerous and tiring since you'll have to concentrate more to maintain that speed... articles have been written about this in the US before. Personally the 120kph range is quite acceptable; when i "go with the flow" this is the usual speed range (100-120kph).

Or maybe they can implement the 100kph rule in congested portions like the Bulacan - Manila area then raise it to 120 at the open areas (Pampanga area).
    Baka ganun din ang patakaran ng MNTC. Yung kasabay kong adventure e baka sobrang tulin lang. ako di ko alam since matagal na huling drive ko sa NLEX. btw, i was driving at 100-130 kph from SF to manila but in cruising mode(i.e. less changing lanes, madalas sa kanan lang, etc.)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nakaka-umay nga talaga magpatakbo ng 100 kph max dito sa NLEX..sobrang kinis kasi..pareparehas pa ung nakikita mo..hi-way hypnotism na..hehe

pero considering the safety of the motorists..tamang-tama lang yan..sama mo na rin kung gaano kagaganda ung mga auto natin dito sa pinas...okay na talaga ang 100 kph.

unlike sa US..matitino naman ang mga drivers dun..saka magaganda ang mga kotse..plus big engines..kaya talaga magpatakbo ng 120 plus kph.

pag dito baka lumipad ung mga jeep and assembled AUVs..patay tayo jan.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    kaya ayaw ko magoverspeedng sa nlex..kasi un driver and kaptid ng gf ko nahuli na dyan ngayon summer..kinuha un license tapos pinakukuha na lng sa lto sa qc.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by al_motor
    not true...sa states pwede na 75mph...minsan kahit 85mph ata pwede...
    1mi.=1.66km
    i beg to disagree po. 65mph lang ang speed limit sa states but people are "allowed" to cruise at around 70mph. i was once driving sa freeway (I-10 i think) and i didn't notice na 85mph na ang takbo ko. i saw a CHP car on the shoulder lane with the officer looking at me. after around 1 or 2 mins. nasa likod ko na yung patrol car tailing me. but i slowed down to around 65 mph naman and maintained my speed so he just ignored me and went on his merry way. hehehe

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    actually, 100kmh on philippine roads is "just right" because that's also the speed limit on US soil (65mph) given that they have a much wider and much longer stretch of freeways as compared to our NLEX. ganyan talaga ang cruising speed na tama for the safety of everyone on the road. (although nakakainip nga talaga mag cruise at 100kmh lang). that's why the cars in the US have cruise controls.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I saw the speed traps also, taas ng tulay, sa may bayaran ng toll papuntang balintawak, pero after ng bocaue exit, wala na nang huli.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    the speed limit may be 60-65mph which translates to 100kph in the US, but almost all cops will let you travel 10 kph over the posted speed limit. This is true in both the US and Canada. :p

NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]