New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 100 of 167 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1663
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Tried it with the MMDA peeps along Macapagal & Commonwealth on different days. I noticed they would only laser me once every time I passed with my jammer off. With the jammer on, they would laser me twice or more times before I passed their position. Every pass, I tried to be in the "best" position, either ahead of the pack of cars from the stoplight or running solo (between stoplight patterns) at near speed-limit.

Note: I had my Valentine 1 with me. Both the V1 and laser jammer will sound an alarm when they detect a laser signal aimed in my direction. During my "testing", my car interior sounded like a fighter jet over enemy territory. If only the V1 sounded and the jammer didn't alarm, it would be considered a "fail".

Note: the laser jammer would be more effective if speed-limit was higher so the traffic cops would only have ONE opportunity to laser me instead of the 60kph which gives them two or more tries before I pass their position.
    That's great. Ano kaya yung reaction nung mga MMDA na yan when they saw "error" sa laser pointers nila. :rofl01:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    That's great. Ano kaya yung reaction nung mga MMDA na yan when they saw "error" sa laser pointers nila. :rofl01:
    Di naman alam ng mga yan na meron palang mga laser jammers. Kamot ulo siguro yun. "Angbilis nun ah, di ko nabaril". Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Di naman alam ng mga yan na meron palang mga laser jammers. Kamot ulo siguro yun. "Angbilis nun ah, di ko nabaril". Hahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bu-mitek!

too short..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Given that laser jammers aren't exactly popular aftermarket car accessories here (for now), they would assume its an error with their equipment.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Wrong.

Radar - you can detect it ahead of the speed-trap to avoid it. You cannot jam the radar signal.
    Laser - you can detect laser but you would have been "tagged" by then. You can jam it so the laser-speed-gun will not read your speed, it will just display an "error". BTW, in jamming, it is a technology warfare between the jammers vs speed-guns in making unjammable speed guns. So jammers might work today but will not be effective in a year or so.

okay, thanks for the clarification sir GH. I will remember and take note of this.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Given that laser jammers aren't exactly popular aftermarket car accessories here (for now), they would assume its an error with their equipment.
    Personally, I wouldn't want jammers to become popular for obvious reasons.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want jammers to become popular for obvious reasons.
    As long as they stay expensive, they wont be.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ilang overspeeding violation ba katumbas ng isang radar/laser jammer?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindong View Post
    Ilang overspeeding violation ba katumbas ng isang radar/laser jammer?
    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    A "decent" radar/laser detector can be bought for around $250 to $500 plus shipping & handling.

A laser jammer costs more.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    [QUOTE=Sindong;2113900]Ilang overspeeding violation ba katumbas ng isang radar/laser jammer?
    [/QUOTE]
    A "decent" radar/laser detector can be bought for around $250 to $500 plus shipping & handling.
    A laser jammer costs more.
    $250 is about P10K.....Penalty for overspeeding is a little over P1K, with over half-day of your life wasted, observing the sleeping sw!n3s in their abjudication department and drooling over the pirated version of Asiong Salonga in the test area...

So, roughly 10 turns....

18.6K:grin2:

NLEX, SCTEX, Over-Speeding, Speed-Radar  [MERGED Threads]