New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Good day gentlemen/ladies!

I just need to make an inquiry, maybe somebody has an answer

I have a Saudi Arabian driving license, since i am working here

However, I don't have a Philippine license, [shame ]!

Can I apply for an International Driving License and use it to drive in the Philippines.

Thanks in advance for the response

yes!!! the only restriction in using an international driving license in the philippines is when you are holding a philippine driver's license. so kung wala ka, pweding pwedi!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not just apply for a philippine DL, have your saudi license converted to phil dl.

Requirements
    1. Duly accomplished Application for Driver's License.
    2. Valid Student's Permit (not applicable to you)
    3. Medical Certificate (from an LTO accredited or Government Physician)
    4. Negative Drug Test result (from DOH accredited drug testing center)
    5. Taxpayer's Identification Number (TIN).
    6. Must have passed the written and practical examination.

Additional Requirements For Filipino/Foreigner with Valid or Expired Foreign License
    1. Foreign License
    - Original and photocopy of license
    - Translation from Embassy/Consular Office (if license is not written in English)
    2. Original valid Visa/Passport with photocopy (Foreigners)
    Note: A foreign driver's license is not acceptable for conversion into Philippine driver's license if:
    - The foreign license is not written in the English language; or
    - The country of origin of the driver's license has no embassy in the Philippines

*New Non-Professional License Procedures
    1. Proceed to the Evaluator to have your documents checked for completeness and authenticity, and secure a Driver's License Application Form.
    2. Proceed to the Photo Taking/Signature Area when your name is called to have your picture and signature taken.
    3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called to pay the application fee.
    4. Proceed to the Examination Room for the lecture and written exam.
    5. After passing the written examination, wait for your name to be called for the practical exam. (No written exam for ARC1.)
    6. After passing the practical examination, proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for payment of necessary fees.
    7. Proceed to the AMPI Counter when your name is called to have your signature and picture taken.
    8. Claim the temporary driver's license (TDL) and the Official Receipt(OR) of payment.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Not sure how it is on Saudi but here's what I did last year. It only took me 30 minutes and I got the permit that day.

www.aaa.com redirect

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    though this thread has been dormant for a month and a few days, for info sake lang naman po:

non-philippine issued driver's license could be deemed valid for 6 months as long as you have your passport with you with a valid visa/immigration stamp. same goes with our driver's licenses when we stay out of the country for a short period of time. blue license (intl license) would be practical if the person w/ a non-philippine dl will stay here for more than 6 months and vice-versa to a filipino staying elsewhere in the globe. but of course, given that the issuing country has an embassy here or the philippines has an embassy on the country where the pinoy will drive.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post
    though this thread has been dormant for a month and a few days, for info sake lang naman po:

non-philippine issued driver's license could be deemed valid for 6 months as long as you have your passport with you with a valid visa/immigration stamp. same goes with our driver's licenses when we stay out of the country for a short period of time. blue license (intl license) would be practical if the person w/ a non-philippine dl will stay here for more than 6 months and vice-versa to a filipino staying elsewhere in the globe. but of course, given that the issuing country has an embassy here or the philippines has an embassy on the country where the pinoy will drive.
    so there's no need to get a Driving International Permit if you are not driving for more than 6 months in other country?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rockiee_s View Post
    yes!!! the only restriction in using an international driving license in the philippines is when you are holding a philippine driver's license. so kung wala ka, pweding pwedi!
    +1

afaik, di mo lang pwedeng gamitin yung international license don sa bansa na in-applayan mo nito... correct me if im wrong...

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by guigui View Post

yeah may nakapagsabi na din sakin nito pero di ko pa na-try. mahirap na baka magatasan lang lalo ng mga buwaya pag nasita sa daan what i do is pina-parenew ko na lang license ko pag ma-eexpire na dl ko or pag uuwi ako.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    may tanong po ako tungkol sa IDP, medyo nalilito po ako. Kahapon po ksi kumuha ung misis ko ng IDP sa AAP. Nakuha na po namin ung permit pero ung may tatak sa permit nya letter D (bus). ibig sabihin ba into Bus lng ung pwde nya idrive? FYI ung drivers license nya s LTO non professional ang restriction 4 ksi ang drive nya dto sa pinas ay ung automatic lng na kotse ung kaya nya. Tumawag kmi kanina sa AAP and sabi ung restriction 4 s LTO parehas daw ng letter D sa IDP, tama ba ito? salamat po.

International Driving License