New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    To ease our traffic woos, government officials are desperately seeking short term solutions for the traffic problems. Te likes of closing U-turn slots, banning then lifting truck bans, and the latest, a four day work week for government offices.

Why don't we close shopping malls once or twice a week instead? It is very obvious that shopping malls contribute a lot to our traffic problems.. in the Metro Manila area as well as in provincial high ways where malls are allowed to operate.

This could be done with different variations. Like along EDSA Mandaluyong, Mega Mall closes on Mondays, Galleria on Tuesdays, Shangri La on Wednesdays, or they can all close every Mondays... things like that. Aside from the possible easing of traffic, we also solve our eletricity shortage.

What do you think?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think you should work for the government

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I think you should work for the government

Brilliant idea!

Qualified si TS! Hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa araneta ave nagtratrapik din, pwede kaya 4 day work week din mga funeral homes dun? bawal ang libing pag monday, wednesday and friday

gawing commisioner yan, bigyan ng jacket!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Pasara din natin Ateneo para wala nang traffic sa Katipunan at La Salle para wala nang traffic sa Taft/Vito Cruz.

Hampering development isn't the solution. More efficient traffic management should allow a metropolis to prosper without exponentially degrading the traffic situation.

Ba't ba usong uso mga far-fetched ideas? We've never really tried discipline and proper implementation of road rules as a solution.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    agree, every mondays kasi i noticed that this is the heaviest traffic volume of the week. day off na din ng employees nila, kaya lang no work no pay ata mga employees nila kasi temporary basis lang. still, an idea that is worth trying.

come to think of it, sa morning rush hour, sarado pa naman malls, sa hapon lang affected ang traffic.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    May punto si TS. While you're at it, why not ban them PUVs (buses ang jeeps) for good measure. Tiba-tiba junkshops niyan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I second the motion make it on Monday and Friday.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I ban na rin yung mga 3-day sale. Traffic really gets bad pag may 3-day sale. Gawin na lang nilang 2-day sale para SAT-SUN lang ang apektado.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Naku, di papayag mga oligarchs diyan... Thousands will be left idle.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast