New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Sino gusto gumawa ng enterprise para dyan? May kakilala ba kayo puj driver :rofl:

Sana ang naisip na lang nila is apprehension na ang evidence is cctv camera sa daan. Kaya nga sila nagpapintura ng plate number sa puj sa bubong diba?

Dami pwede paraan yan pag apprehend based sa cctv.
    1) magtayo ka ng checkpoint kahit kinabukasan mo na hulihin para wala naman masabi na may mawawalan ng work na enforcer and para damay na rin private owners sa paghuli

2) Padalhan mo operator ng warning letter na may automatic fine agad. Kapag hindi pinansin during registration ipataw ang fine with interest.

Dami pa pwede gawin na hindi na kailangan ng ganyan ayaw lang kasi gawin dahil may nakikinabang
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by junkun13 View Post
    MANILA - Two party-list representatives filed a bill that seeks to reward citizens who apprehend drivers or operators of smoke-belching vehicles.

A TEACHER party-list Reps. Mariano Piamonte, Jr. and Julieta Cortuna authored House Bill 4932, which seeks to tap the support of ordinary citizens in going after smoke belching vehicles.

"With too many laws bound to be implemented, it is easy for those concerned to say that it is hard for them to implement all laws effectively, and indeed it is," Piamonte said.

"You still can see smoke belching vehicles running around the streets of Metro Manila and elsewhere. These scenarios can breed some suspicion that authorities are lax in enforcing the law."

Under the bill, any individual who spots a vehicle on the road emitting black smoke is given the authority to apprehend its driver or operator.

The arresting individual shall bring the apprehended/arrested driver and vehicle to a nearby police station. The owner of the vehicle shall be booked for violation of the Clean Air Act.

The vehicle, meanwhile, shall be temporarily impounded.

The bill provides a reward of P10,000 to the arresting individual for every legitimate apprehension of smoke belching vehicle. The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) shall determine the legitimacy of such apprehension.

The DENR shall provide the reward, free of tax, to the apprehending individual.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/11/22/14/bill-gives-citizens-power-arrest-drivers-smoke-belching-vehicles
    Eh? Yeah, it gives additional rights to the citizenry... thing is, what about the implementation?

Lets say some well meaning, patriotic citizen pulls over your typical smoke screening bus. Tells the driver that he is making an arrest based on the law these two congressmen passed. Bus driver pulls out his steel pipe and whacks patriotic citizen in the head. Bus conductor gets screwdriver and repeatedly stabs patriotic citizen. Result? A screaming new headline. Another scenario, patriotic citizen who survived the bus driver and conductor, suddenly does the same to the DPWH dumptruck filled with workers on their way to wreck our roads in the name of reblocking. What do you think will happen next?

Lets all be realistic here. IS THIS EVEN DOABLE?

If the LTO was RELIGIOUSLY doing its job of EMISSION TESTING, there would be no need for these type of silly legistations (and ASBU units of LGUs too).

Just my 3 cents

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boy astig View Post
    Lets say some well meaning, patriotic citizen pulls over your typical smoke screening bus. Tells the driver that he is making an arrest based on the law these two congressmen passed. Bus driver pulls out his steel pipe and whacks patriotic citizen in the head. Bus conductor gets screwdriver and repeatedly stabs patriotic citizen. Result? A screaming new headline. Another scenario, patriotic citizen who survived the bus driver and conductor, suddenly does the same to the DPWH dumptruck filled with workers on their way to wreck our roads in the name of reblocking. What do you think will happen next?
    Here's what I think will happen:

The patriotic citizen stops the smoke belching bus and attempts to make an arrest.
    The bus driver and conductor laughs.
    Passengers in the bus whip out their cellphones and starts to take a video of the incident.

The patriotic citizen stands his/her ground and continues to try to make the arrest.
    In the mean time, MMDA are just outside the bus doing nothing. Heck, maybe they're also shooting their own video.

An hour later, the video goes viral. The patriotic citizen suddenly games "bad" fame -- amalayer fame. Anti-poor. Nang-aapi ng bus driver na nagtratrabaho lang para pakainin ang pamilya.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post

In the mean time, MMDA are just outside the bus doing nothing.

....... ignores everything & continue selling bibingka.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    matagal na 'yan.. citizen's arrest.
    but i think we as a society, lack the maturity...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    An hour later, the video goes viral. The patriotic citizen suddenly games "bad" fame -- amalayer fame. Anti-poor. Nang-aapi ng bus driver na nagtratrabaho lang para pakainin ang pamilya.
    The common citizen doesn't have to do this, we are paying people via tax to apprehend vehicles with emission issues. Ibig lang sabihin ng panukalang ito (I don't seriously think lulusot ito)... end users na naman ang gagawa ng trabaho, ang kikilos, mag-aadjust, gagawa ng paraan, and guess what? Ang magpapasahod sa mga kumag, pati pagpalit ng kulay ng uniform nila sa atin pa rin

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eh pano kung yung may ari ng smoke belching vehicle eh may baril?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Now we have private ASBUs. Just imagine ang haharang sayo yung mga hugas windshield boys o kaya yung mga barker. Di ka talaga dadaan sa lugar na yan.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Expect "enterprising" squatters to abuse the eff out of this.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Citizens arrest on smoke belchers???

Gusto nyo ba mapalo ng tubo, or mabaril ng walang kalaban-laban?

Bahala kayo kung gusto nyo. Is it worth the risk?

Nope. For me at least.

I ride an airconditioned car to work, work in a temperature controlled environment. Live in the suburbs (cleaner air). I limit my time outside busy streets, and go indoors as soon as possible.

Do these people (lawmakers daw) think I will go out of my way and arrest a toothless retard of a jeepney driver because his worthless pile of junk is belching squid ink like smoke?

NOPE.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; November 24th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast