New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hello to all the guruzz,im just wondering what is the purpose of having a o/d or overdrive,as par what i read all a/t transmission is having this o/d,then i check my innova g a/t only i got 2 months ago does't have a o/d,can you guys give me an advice,first time to have a a/t transmission car...thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in ALL CAPS.

Read the rules.

Ignorance of the rules is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    *rhonrhob: hi and welcome to tsikot. the purpose of the o/d is to lower the engine speed and improve fuel economy. the d4 in our innovas is actually the o/d. hth!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    O/D switch = top gear. Switch off to keep the car in 3rd gear (on 4-speed A/Ts).

A/T Innova:

D4 = top gear. Shift to D3 to keep the car in 3rd gear. Same banana.

Lower engine speed is due to shifting to a taller gear ratio (to top gear).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Because it already has a D3 position marked on the shifter.

O/D is any gear ratio that is numerically less than one (you can see this in the spec sheet).

On the Innova, only the top gear (4th gear) is numerically less than zero. It is the only overdrive gear available.

Driving with the shifter in D3 is equivalent to driving with the O/D off since the transmission will only reach third gear (direct drive or gear ratio 1.000) and not go into overdrive anymore.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    ah ok thanks to all of you guys,now i got it and gain some more knowledge,nice to have this kind of forum its very helpfull,thanks again guys,i really appreciate it,thanks again.....

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ah sir otep one more question bakit wala yatang "d" or "d4" ang innova a/t,sorry sir otep d2 kasi ako qatar d ko ma nakikita yung auto kaya curious lang ako sobra,wife ko lang nagmamaneho nung auto sir ,,thank ulit sir otep

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Meron kayang "D" ang Innova. D4 na yung ibig sabihin nun. Karamihan kasi ng bagong kotse ngayon hindi na naka lagay yung number ng gears. Usually "D" nalang. Hindi "D6" "D5"..

Ito yung naka lagay sa Innova:
    P
    R
    N
    3-D
    L

[SIZE=4]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format.

Read the rules.

Ignorance of the rules is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    ah ok sir starex oo nga sir,hinahanap ko kasi yung "d" or "d4" bukod pa sa 3d kasi di ba sir 4 speed meaning hangang 4th gear siya,so meaning kapag naka shift ako sa 3d meaning naka off ang o/d ko so ang gear ko hangang 4th gear na which is its maximum,tama ba ko sir

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kasi ganito yan

Kaya "3-D" yun, kasi magkatabi sa gear selector yung "3" at "D".

Right Hand Drive version yan. Kapag naka tapat sa ilalim ng "N" yung gear knob, ibig sabihin naka "D" ka (Full 4 gear A/T), tapos pag shift mo sa right, nasa "3" (O/D) ka.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Why a/t innova does't have o/d switch