New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Hello Guys,

Tuwing kelan dapat nag rere-apply ng undercoat? Malapit na mag 1 year yung innova namin and napansin ko me mga na chipped off na sa initial undercoat ng casa(sobrang nipis lang).

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    its upon visual inspection or when youre having the car lifted to determine if its needed or not....well if thats the case sir have it undercoated before the rainy season begins ;)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBawang View Post
    its upon visual inspection or when youre having the car lifted to determine if its needed or not....well if thats the case sir have it undercoated before the rainy season begins ;)
    Dapat ba sa dealer ipa undercoat or pede sa mga gasoline station(na pwede mo pa i supervise). Will it void any warranty on the vehicle?

Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post
    Hello Guys,

Tuwing kelan dapat nag rere-apply ng undercoat? Malapit na mag 1 year yung innova namin and napansin ko me mga na chipped off na sa initial undercoat ng casa(sobrang nipis lang).

Thanks

some vehicle manufacturers stopped undercoating their products for two main reasons: to keep the car lighter, and, to prevent salt laden moisture from accumulating and getting trapped between the substrate metal and the undercoat.
    what i have tested and proven on some of my cars, on the underside and the front around and below the radiator which is prone to splash from the vehicle ahead of you, is to apply vaseline or wheel bearing grease with a paintbrush to the susceptible areas. i tested this on a jeep wrangler, mazda 323, toyota previa, suzuki sx4 and other vehicles. apply the grease only in areas that are out of plain view and hardly if ever washed. the objective is to seal the metal from oxygen.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by markduguran View Post
    Dapat ba sa dealer ipa undercoat or pede sa mga gasoline station(na pwede mo pa i supervise). Will it void any warranty on the vehicle?

Thanks!
    sir.. AFAIK.. may 1 year warranty ang rustproof/undercoat sa dealer so pwede mo ipa undercoat ulit sa kanila yan kung wala pang 1 year unit mo..

yung sakin kse ganun.. not sure kung ganun din dealer mo sir.. i verify mo na lang sir kse sayang din yun..

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    ilang patong ba ang advisable? me nagsabi kasi sakin na madaling mabakbak pag makapal ang undercoat. sa vios kasi 2 liters daw ang isang coat at 3 to 4 liters ang mauubos pag 2 layers ng undercoat.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    May alam ba kayong gas station na nag ooffer ng undercoat kahit labor lang? May isang lata na kasi ako ng 3m rubberized dito, ang mahal kasi ng singil ng caltex retiro sakin, 2k labor lang...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    is it true that mitsubishi cars don't need undercoat for the reason that it undergo 8 dips process?
    what do you say?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    is it true that mitsubishi cars don't need undercoat for the reason that it undergo 8 dips process?
    what do you say?
    AFIK, 5year zero rust warranty ang mitsubishi as per our 97 pizza lancer glxi

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronki View Post
    May alam ba kayong gas station na nag ooffer ng undercoat kahit labor lang? May isang lata na kasi ako ng 3m rubberized dito, ang mahal kasi ng singil ng caltex retiro sakin, 2k labor lang...
    OA sa mahal nga yan!

Sa ride ko sir 2k lang labor & materials pa sa casa na.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast