New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Toyota PH recalls Innova, Fortuner and Hilux for faulty spiral cable

Toyota Motor Philippines has announced a "special service campaign"--or product recall--to fix a faulty spiral cable in Innova, Fortuner and Hilux units sold locally from November 2004 to June 2010.

According to the advisory: "Due to the shape and location of the spiral cable retainers, this may cause some connectivity loss related to the airbag system. In such case, the driver-side airbag may not deploy in the event of a crash. There are, however, no incidents reported related to this condition."

Toyota dealers will thus replace the spiral cable assembly free of charge. TMP will notify all owners of the affected units to remind them to set an appointment with their respective dealerships.

"In line with Toyota's firm commitment on product safety and quality, Toyota Motor Philippines issues a special service campaign on the affected models," said TMP first vice president for corporate affairs Atty. Rommel Gutierrez. "We value our customers' safety. Thus, our company has decided to hold this campaign to ease their concerns regarding this issue."

If you are the owner of an affected unit, you may contact the Toyota Customer Assistance Center at +632 819-2912, or visit your Toyota dealership.

Source: Toyota PH recalls Innova, Fortuner and Hilux for faulty spiral cable | TopGear.com.ph
    Toyota PH recalls Innova, Fortuner and Hilux for faulty spiral cable | TopGear.com.ph

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks sir Retz! My unit is eligible. Actually, it already failed based from check engine diagnosis. Di ko pa lang mapaayos kasi wala pang budget...then this news came. So glad TMP acknowledged this issue. Will be calling my dealer for an appointment. Thanks again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

No worries sir. I'm also glad that TMP acknowledge it and better late than never.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Special Service Campaign

Official release from Toyota Ph website.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Called up the Casa. They say will only replace it only if one has a letter from TMPI stating eligibility for this recall.

Huh? It clearly states in the link above that Innova, Fortuner, Hilux from Nov 2004 to June 2010 are affected.

Also you can tell if your vehicle has this problem. Provided it did not deploy as a result of a collision, the airbag lamp indicator would be blinking.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I emailed TMPI (customerassistance*toyota.com.ph ) last 6/20 regarding recall verification with supplied VIN of my Fort and after 8 days still NO response.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I emailed TMPI (customerassistance*toyota.com.ph ) last 6/20 regarding recall verification with supplied VIN of my Fort and after 8 days still NO response.
    Ano yan? Pampapogi lang sa diyaryo, TV, atbp? Sus naman TMPI, dapat umaksyon kayo agad. Delikado sa mga owners ang problemang yan of non-deploying airbags.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    Ano yan? Pampapogi lang sa diyaryo, TV, atbp? Sus naman TMPI, dapat umaksyon kayo agad. Delikado sa mga owners ang problemang yan of non-deploying airbags.
    Fast forward today. Anyway, Toyota did contact me (but after two weeks) and scheduled the replacement at the dealer.

For those units involved in the recall, my advice is to call their hotline # at their website for faster response.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    UP!

Ilan na nakapag pa replace ng spiral cable?

Pinaandar ko innova yesterday, naka ilaw yung airbag indicator. ayaw mawala.

related kaya sa spiral cable?