New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Went to one of my trusted mechanics earlier -- supposedly just to have my timing belt checked. I'm at 75,000 kms, and usually the interval is 100,000 kms, so now might actually be a good time. He knew Toyotas more than me -- Sir, 150,000 kms pa po kayo sa timing belt, kung di ako nagkakamali. Check niyo po ang manual. True enough, 150,000 kms nga lalabas ang warning light.

So he adds: Sir, kung 10 years niyo napaabot ang 75,000, ibig sabihin, sa 2024 pa tayo magpapalit ng timing belt. Retired na ako nun!

Come to think of it, onga no. Hehehe! How about you guys, anyone have their timing belts replaced yet? And at what mileage?
    Tama si mr. Mechanic. At 150k there will be a timing belt warning at ur console. Mine is already 230k mileage and its only 8 years old but it still drives like brand new IMHO

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    Sir Jie11, I really like the black color

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscortez View Post
    Tama si mr. Mechanic. At 150k there will be a timing belt warning at ur console. Mine is already 230k mileage and its only 8 years old but it still drives like brand new IMHO
    So I assume you did wait for the warning before having it replaced? Or at least close to the 150k?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    So I assume you did wait for the warning before having it replaced? Or at least close to the 150k?
    actually i had a bad experience about this. I usually have my PMS when i get a little over my every 10k allotment. So when my PMS at 150k was nearing about 149,700++ i decided to have it serviced because in Pampanga there is only one service dealer there which is Toyota San Fernando and during that time you have to make a reservation a week before your target PMS so I decided to have it done na. Then boom... 150k, the timing belt warning came. I was in Manila that time so I bought it at Pasong Tamo and the peeps there told me that the belt is for replacement and they would be needing to change the oil also. Double whammy!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Went to one of my trusted mechanics earlier -- supposedly just to have my timing belt checked. I'm at 75,000 kms, and usually the interval is 100,000 kms, so now might actually be a good time. He knew Toyotas more than me -- Sir, 150,000 kms pa po kayo sa timing belt, kung di ako nagkakamali. Check niyo po ang manual. True enough, 150,000 kms nga lalabas ang warning light.

So he adds: Sir, kung 10 years niyo napaabot ang 75,000, ibig sabihin, sa 2024 pa tayo magpapalit ng timing belt. Retired na ako nun!

Come to think of it, onga no. Hehehe! How about you guys, anyone have their timing belts replaced yet? And at what mileage?
    Tama po mechanic nyu. I had mine replaced at a little past 150K kms. My odometer reads 170K now. Thats what is good at the casa where they put a sign on the engine on when the TB was replaced.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Sir Jie11, I really like the black color
    sir it is just that it is prone to catch dust. talagang takaw dumi, mapapansin lng na guapo yung truck kung malinis at makintab hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    sir it is just that it is prone to catch dust. talagang takaw dumi, mapapansin lng na guapo yung truck kung malinis at makintab hehehe
    Hehehe! Totally agree with you on this one, Jie11. Our GS, which is medium silver, is much dirtier than the black Prado, pero yun hindi halata. Hehehe! Iba nga lang ang pagka-elegante ng black pag malinis. And that happens to ours in like once every 2-3 weeks. Yuck!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually i had a bad experience about this. I usually have my PMS when i get a little over my every 10k allotment. So when my PMS at 150k was nearing about 149,700++ i decided to have it serviced because in Pampanga there is only one service dealer there which is Toyota San Fernando and during that time you have to make a reservation a week before your target PMS so I decided to have it done na. Then boom... 150k, the timing belt warning came. I was in Manila that time so I bought it at Pasong Tamo and the peeps there told me that the belt is for replacement and they would be needing to change the oil also. Double whammy!
    Same thing my mechanic said. We could replace it ng 75K, or 120k but i'd still have to go back to casa at 150k for that warning to get replaced. Might as well wait till 150k. Hehehe!

So replacing the timing belt requires an oil change too? Or pauso lang nila?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Same thing my mechanic said. We could replace it ng 75K, or 120k but i'd still have to go back to casa at 150k for that warning to get replaced. Might as well wait till 150k. Hehehe!

So replacing the timing belt requires an oil change too? Or pauso lang nila?
    Both TSf and TPt said na kailangan. Pero personally pwede naman idrain yung oil na nakalagay tpos yun ulit gamitin right.. but i guess SOP for quality assurance sa mga casa because they have to warranty the service and oil they are putting in your car.

Again tama si mr. Mechanic kasi yung warning light irereplace din or irereset..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both TSf and TPt said na kailangan. Pero personally pwede naman idrain yung oil na nakalagay tpos yun ulit gamitin right.. but i guess SOP for quality assurance sa mga casa because they have to warranty the service and oil they are putting in your car.

Again tama si mr. Mechanic kasi yung warning light irereplace din or irereset..
    What's TPt bro? TSf is transmission fluid, right?

Casa won't recycle oil for the very reason you mentioned. Plus, additional na kita na din nila yun.

What oil do you use pala?

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado LC120