Sep 2008
    sideview!_mg_1032.jpg

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    whoaa, nice LC 120's

heres mine, stock cya
    _mg_1031.jpg
    Nice! Baguio po kayo, diba? Masarap sa ahunan yung Prado, di kasi gaanong mabigat vs. say Patrol.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Nice! Baguio po kayo, diba? Masarap sa ahunan yung Prado, di kasi gaanong mabigat vs. say Patrol.
    ay opo, ansarap talaga sa ahunan whether via kennon or marcos hiway, actually the only suv so far that overtook me along marcos hiway last year was the new landcruiser (yung parang frog yung likod, sorry po i dont know how i could describe it)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ummm... Ribbit?

Getting overtaken by this beast wouldn't be insulting. That's a monster! The LC100 with the 4.2L diesel, however, is manageable.
    Last edited by IMm29; September 23rd, 2014 at 03:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd actually like to take the Prado up to Baguio. Last year the weapon of choice was the GS for more room and more occupants (wife + kids + yayas + bro in law and wifey). A road trip with the boys might allow for the Prado to be used.

The farthest north it has gone in its 75,000 kms is actually just Pangasinan. South, just Nasugbu, Batangas. City dweller only mostly. Got to stretch its legs on the Pangasinan trip. Convoyed with my Dad in a gas Innova and kept it at about 180 kph for a few minutes on SCTEX. No cops then. Unfortunately, muffler weld went bye bye when the car cooled while we were lined up at the toll gate. Wasn't planning on gunning it, but didn't want to get left behind. Hehehe!

After about 8 years on 20s (7 years) and 22s (1 year), I wonder how it'll feel to be on stock 17" shoes. Hmmm....
    Last edited by IMm29; September 23rd, 2014 at 03:42 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I'd actually like to take the Prado up to Baguio. Last year the weapon of choice was the GS for more room and more occupants (wife + kids + yayas + bro in law and wifey). A road trip with the boys might allow for the Prado to be used.

The farthest north it has gone in its 75,000 kms is actually just Pangasinan. South, just Nasugbu, Batangas. City dweller only mostly. Got to stretch its legs on the Pangasinan trip. Convoyed with my Dad in a gas Innova and kept it at about 180 kph for a few minutes on SCTEX. No cops then. Unfortunately, muffler weld went bye bye when the car cooled while we were lined up at the toll gate. Wasn't planning on gunning it, but didn't want to get left behind. Hehehe!

After about 8 years on 20s (7 years) and 22s (1 year), I wonder how it'll feel to be on stock 17" shoes. Hmmm....
    yups, try to come up to Baguio, magpalamig lng. Especially if the TPLEX would be completed where travel from Manila to Baguio would be that near, malamang 3hours na lng or less. Medyo matrafic na nga lng ng konti dito sa amin ngayun.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Ummm... Ribbit?

Getting overtaken by this beast wouldn't be insulting. That's a monster! The LC100 with the 4.2L diesel, however, is manageable.
    ganyan na nga na kulay puti, hehehe, napalunok na nga lng po ako

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    ganyan na nga na kulay puti, hehehe, napalunok na nga lng po ako
    Nasa driver din yan. Not all LC200 drivers have the balls to make passes on mountain roads. Rarely do you get guys who'll do that. Hehehe!

What I like about the Prado is that, despite it lacking a good top end of power, its low end is ready at your disposal. Did some "climbing" in San Mateo 2 weeks back with a full ride (4 adults, 2 kids) -- comment si misis dun sa matatarik na daan na parang baguio daw ang akyatan -- no issues. Wanted to push aside a new-ish diesel innova that was trying to smoke me, with, well, black smoke.
    Hehehe! Not bad for a oldie.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Went to one of my trusted mechanics earlier -- supposedly just to have my timing belt checked. I'm at 75,000 kms, and usually the interval is 100,000 kms, so now might actually be a good time. He knew Toyotas more than me -- Sir, 150,000 kms pa po kayo sa timing belt, kung di ako nagkakamali. Check niyo po ang manual. True enough, 150,000 kms nga lalabas ang warning light.

So he adds: Sir, kung 10 years niyo napaabot ang 75,000, ibig sabihin, sa 2024 pa tayo magpapalit ng timing belt. Retired na ako nun!

Come to think of it, onga no. Hehehe! How about you guys, anyone have their timing belts replaced yet? And at what mileage?

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado LC120