Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jie11 View Post
    sorry double post
    Hehehe! Triple post ka pa nga bro

Same constraint -->> budget!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chriscortez View Post
    Leder Interia offered me two options. 1st option was to scrape the old dash and put a fiberglass coating on top then put on a leatherette cover to simulate the old textured dashboard finish. downside of this is that there will be stitching on the dash which i don't like. 2nd option was just to put a fiberglass coating on top and simulate the finish of the original dash. I chose the latter.

1st option will cost you 13.5K and the 2nd 16k. but I was able to haggle it down to 13.5k.

Opinion on the craftmanship:

well trust me its far from the original however because of the eyesore I experience everyday when riding in my car, i am satisfied enough that there are no more cracks in my dash. Imagine my agony of owning a LC Prado with a cracked dashboard? of course we LC owners have a sense of pride/fulfillment of having a great car right? And the best thing would be I would not be needing to explain to people who ride in my car the factory defect dash problem anymore.
    Hehehe! No need to imagine the agony bro, I’m living it as well. Nice car, lousy dashboard. What a shame. Buti na lang mahilig ako sa dark tint. ;-)

Seatmate also offers the stitching alternative. Ang choices would be synthetic or real leather. But in their case, mga P18K ata and you have to leave your car with them for about a week.

Pardon the many questions coming up next: Would you have the contact of Leder Interia? Where are they located? Pwede bang credit card ang bayad?

How long have you had your repaired dash? Since it’s fiberglass, is it feeling more like hard plastic in Innovas/Fortuners? I can’t tell the difference between OEM and fiberglass based on the pix (my eyesight is beginning to take a hit with all this computer usage), but if this is the more durable alternative, Dibale nang plastic ang feel…

Thanks in advance.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hehehe! No need to imagine the agony bro, I’m living it as well. Nice car, lousy dashboard. What a shame. Buti na lang mahilig ako sa dark tint. ;-)

Seatmate also offers the stitching alternative. Ang choices would be synthetic or real leather. But in their case, mga P18K ata and you have to leave your car with them for about a week.

Pardon the many questions coming up next: Would you have the contact of Leder Interia? Where are they located? Pwede bang credit card ang bayad?

How long have you had your repaired dash? Since it’s fiberglass, is it feeling more like hard plastic in Innovas/Fortuners? I can’t tell the difference between OEM and fiberglass based on the pix (my eyesight is beginning to take a hit with all this computer usage), but if this is the more durable alternative, Dibale nang plastic ang feel…

Thanks in advance.
    No need to set an appointment but it would'nt hurt though. just look for ate vicky, she's the one who gave me the discount. Didnt ask if they accept credit. Address and location can be found at http://www.lederinteria.com/

I left my dash there last August 29 and got it just last saturday. THe bum thing is that its almost a week now but there is still this toxic smell. Jun (the repair guy) told me that the smell will run out in a week or two.

Yes sir its like hard plastic very similar with the fortuner. if you want to take a look at the actual finish product i can show you mine. Every friday I go to alabang coming from bulacan so we could meet up somewhere along the way if you want....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No need to set an appointment but it would'nt hurt though. just look for ate vicky, she's the one who gave me the discount. Didnt ask if they accept credit. Address and location can be found at http://www.lederinteria.com/

I left my dash there last August 29 and got it just last saturday. THe bum thing is that its almost a week now but there is still this toxic smell. Jun (the repair guy) told me that the smell will run out in a week or two.

Yes sir its like hard plastic very similar with the fortuner. if you want to take a look at the actual finish product i can show you mine. Every friday I go to alabang coming from bulacan so we could meet up somewhere along the way if you want....
    Uy, that sounds like a plan. I'll send you a PM so we can coordinate, assuming you're ok with the location

2 questions again, though. (Sorry, I'm piling it on.)
    - Any safety issues with driving with the bare dash?
    - Why is the All fiberglass option cheaper than the fiberglass + leather wrap option? Would it be due to the fiberglass finish being more tricky to perfect?

Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    posting my new dash courtesy of leder interia:

Attachment 22943

Attachment 22944

Attachment 22945
    Got to see the pix on a bigger monitor. Not bad at all. It may not have the feel, but the look is nice. You could fool folks into taking a second glance, much like this:

Toyota Yaris, Vios have leather-looking plastic dashboard material | TopGear.com.ph

Hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Uy, that sounds like a plan. I'll send you a PM so we can coordinate, assuming you're ok with the location

2 questions again, though. (Sorry, I'm piling it on.)
    - Any safety issues with driving with the bare dash?
    - Why is the All fiberglass option cheaper than the fiberglass + leather wrap option? Would it be due to the fiberglass finish being more tricky to perfect?

Thanks!
    No safety issues its only purely aesthetic hehe.

20140829_165140_zpsoa2fgzd6.jpg

as you can see from the pic everything was returned and can be used; the instrumentation panel, radio, airbag, etc.

The fiberglass only option was more expensive than the fiber+leatherwrap. But I didnt actually ask why because they discounted the fiber only option and made it at the same price with the fiber+leatherwrap. But my guess is the same as yours maybe the fiber only would require additional manpower to make the dash at display quality. Unlike the leatherwrap option, the fiberglass needed would be thinner and unrefined and the leatherwrap is easier to install.

yeah no problem basta along the way.. anywhere along edsa or even in leder interia shop would be fine with me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Being able to take the car home is a big plus for me. Not comfortable leaving it with shops even just overnight. In this case,
    at least a week ang turnaround time pa.

The leather wrapped option might end up like Jie11's -- with the stitching. Medyo di din naghabol yung kulay nung vents vs the wrap, perhaps due to that being the only available color of leather at Seatmate. Got to inquire about that with them too.

The work they did on your dash looks good. Exciting!

Baka di pala tayo matuloy sa occular. I work in Makati, and that's probably where we could meet up. Pero, wag na lang bro, masyadong abala sa iyo.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    posting my new dash courtesy of leder interia:

Attachment 22943

Attachment 22944

Attachment 22945
    Bro,

I assume the color of the fiberglass matched the upper part of the door sidings? Would it be accurate to assume that the fiberglass dash has the same (plastic) feel as the upper part of the door sidings?

Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    oh,..... your dash made from leder interia looks much better than mine

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's my 10 year old 120 that I'm having a hard time replacing.

Sure it's got 10 years worth of wear and tear, but it's trudging along...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_3002_zps60d601da.jpg  

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado LC120