New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I liked the beige interior of the G, malamig sa mata, hindi gloomy sa luob.

Hindi naman makalat at madumi mga anak ko sa kotse at konting punas lang every month and my beige is still cleen after 4 years.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chitow View Post
    Yun nga din, focus na sana ako sa E. With wilcats reply below, parang bigla akong nagdalawang isip. Sulit naman ba?

Thanks. Saan nyo ba nakuha tong list, if you don't mind? Ang hirap kasi mag hanap online about sa differences nila eh.
    My personal knowledge sir. I'm a Senior Marketing Professional at Toyota BGC.

It's actually a no-brainer to get the G grade for its' abundance of features, if budget permits.
    Last edited by wilcats; October 2nd, 2014 at 02:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    J owner ako.Pinili ko ang J variant over the E coz of 100K and the major differences are the power windows (still no alarm/keyless entry), mags at di ako aware na walang rear wiper. I did not mind kung may ABS o wala, sanay ako sa walang ABS anyway. May option ako na mamili ng mags rim size and design. kahit na sa toyota ako magpapower windows, seems less than 100k all together (tire and power/alarm). The inconvenience of no rear wiper ay di masyado as mas ginagamit ko ang side mirror. These are my views which may help those with queries.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Wigo and Avanza (all variants) have that rear wiper.

I think the clear omission of the rear wiper on the J serves more as a differentiator (vs. E) rather than a major cost contributor.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    in the 9 years of owning an innova E, i can count with one hand the number of times i actually had to use and appreciate that rear wiper.
    what i find really useful, is the power windows and power locks.

when i initially bought the innova in 2005, i was ready to get the J, because it was cheaper. i had planned to have power windows and locks installed aftermarket. but i was advised at that time, that because the model was still new in the market, wala pang banawe aftermarket ng power windows and locks...
    so i got the E.. no regrets whatsoever.
    like i said, i have never met anyone who confessed, "i bought an E... i should have bought the cheaper J"..
    Last edited by dr. d; October 6th, 2014 at 10:53 AM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello Tsikoters

Reviving this old thread in the hopes someone can give me some tips/advice..

Planning to get an Innova.. there is Time Constraint and Budget involved (otherwise I would wait for the new Innova coming 2nd quarter daw this year). But at least the upside of getting an Innova now is they are giving good discounts (40-50K? is this true?)

Ive been reading up on this E vs J thread, thinking if getting the J would be ok and to summarize what Ive read here, the main differences are as follows:

The Innova J have:

* fewer color options - White, Silver, Red.. Im fine with all..but what do you guys think of WHITE?
    * No Rear Wiper - I can live with that, we have a Mazda van with rear wipers and I dont even use it.
    * No fancy trimmings - Im not particular about a cars exteriors..
    * No fancy rims - Havent seen what the Js rims are, how bad could it be? lol.. but I can buy aftermarket..
    * Vinyl upholstery - Im gonna put seat covers anyway
    * No power locks , windows and alarm? - My passengers rarely ever open the windows anyway.. and ive had headaches with broken power windows in the past that I actually said I miss the rolling windows..lol. Its the power locks and alarm that I'll miss... but I can install after market right? Will I be voiding the warranty, though?

Did I cover everything?

Bottomline, Engine performance, Ride and comfort and safety features are the same as the E or even the G, correct?

Next question... is the GAS version ok over the Diesel version? Aside from the obvious fuel savings..(esp now that Diesel is really low), hows the Fuel economy, performance and maintenance of the Gas vs Diesel?

I called my dealer already, and as if to really make me decide on the J more, he says the only available E unit he has is Diesel, AT... so price is 1.08 M. He says there are no more Gas units of E being made now.. is this true? He did say he MIGHT be able to get a J unit, Gas M/T.. price is 852K...

So to sum up: Is the Innova J GAS unit a good buy? With the discounts, might be a little bit over 800K only... or should I try to look for an Innova J DIESEL unit.. also, I drive both Manual and A/T , is there anything particular about the Manual vs A/T features of the Innova I need to know?

And lastly.. while I seem to be ok with choosing the J (after reading my own posts, sounds like im convincing myself more than you guys..lol) , Im still open for arguments why I should still pick the E though... feel free to convince me..

Thanks.. hope someone can share their expertise here..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    1.08M for an E variant? wow how prices have soared. Three years ago, we got the G variant. Price was 1.1M then. We managed to get a total of almost 100K less cash out (combination of cash discount, free LTO, free insurance, etc) so we got our G unit for 1M.

back to your situation, what is your absolute budget limit?

if you ask me, go for the E variant. power windows and locks is a must whether your are alone or with passengers. bad trip yung utos ka ng utos na isara ang bintana tapos hindi ka naririnig hahaha.

rear windshield wiper is quite useful to me. maybe it depends on the driver.

both will smell plastic when, afaik. yung ang advantage ng G. mas mabango plastic hahaha

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you have money to burn, i recommend you get the most expensive that you are willing to buy. that way, there won't be any second-guessing on whether you should have gotten the more expensive one or not.
    if you have no money to burn, then you have no other choice than to get the cheaper one..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    We're just in the same situation few weeks ago. Until i decided to get the E variant. Mas sulit sa features esp the all power windows at central locking. Now find the best dealer who can give alot of freebies and discounts. Just be aware lang sa toyota shaw, medyo madugas mga taO dyan,.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for the inputs guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    1.08M for an E variant? wow how prices have soared. Three years ago, we got the G variant. Price was 1.1M then. We managed to get a total of almost 100K less cash out (combination of cash discount, free LTO, free insurance, etc) so we got our G unit for 1M.

back to your situation, what is your absolute budget limit?

if you ask me, go for the E variant. power windows and locks is a must whether your are alone or with passengers. bad trip yung utos ka ng utos na isara ang bintana tapos hindi ka naririnig hahaha.

rear windshield wiper is quite useful to me. maybe it depends on the driver.

both will smell plastic when, afaik. yung ang advantage ng G. mas mabango plastic hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you have money to burn, i recommend you get the most expensive that you are willing to buy. that way, there won't be any second-guessing on whether you should have gotten the more expensive one or not.
    if you have no money to burn, then you have no other choice than to get the cheaper one..

The G variant now is as much as 1.208 M for the Diesel AT model.. vs 852K for the entry level J-Gas.

My absolute budget limit? hmm, I just realized, 1 M is my psychological barrier.. I dont want to think I spent 1M on a vehicle.. lol.. (which probably in a few more years would be unavoidable already.. )

And no, I dont have money to burn... (if Only...) Otherwise I'd love to get the G variant... you know what I love most about that unit? I just want to have Audio controls on my steering wheel...lol (mababaw lang ako..hehe). I actually went to a bank's automart (2nd hand vehicles), found an Innova G Diesel Manual with only 5K mileage. Went there with my mechanic and its in pristine condition. Made a bid offer of their maximum Selling price at 820K.. cheaper than a J! Waited for a few weeks to see if my bid will be accepted but someone else got it (lined up daw...sayang...)

Quote Originally Posted by antonath View Post
    We're just in the same situation few weeks ago. Until i decided to get the E variant. Mas sulit sa features esp the all power windows at central locking. Now find the best dealer who can give alot of freebies and discounts. Just be aware lang sa toyota shaw, medyo madugas mga taO dyan,.

May I ask what variant E did you get? (Gas/Diesel, Manual/AT)? And how do you find its performance/FC?

Im willing to consider E Gas/Manual..(967K), but as I said in my first post, I was told they dont make them anymore (daw), Available for now is an E Diesel/AT (1.087M) so thats 120K diff from the 2 E variants, and 235 K diff with the J... so the question Im asking myself is, is the additional 120K (Unit not available for now) or 235K (Available) worth it for me just to get the POWER LOCKS and WINDOWS feature that is the most significant feature? (the other features I really dont mind not having)

Actually my wife is not too keen on getting the J... I suspect bec she is gonna be embarrassed by having guests use the rolling windows.. so its more of a Pride thing than actual Own Practical use... hehe

Will try to look for an E Gas if its still available.. best compromise for the budget/features..

Ultimately, Dr D is right..wouldn't want to find myself regretting not getting a higher model...