New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I also have a 05 D4D innova. They told me to have the SCV changed. Also to have the injector cleaned, I think I'll try this first. How is it so far? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Are you encountering power loss sir? What is your odo meter reading now sir?

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MikroTechie View Post
    Hi. can anybody help me regarding Toyota Innova D4D power loss. Mine is Innova E manual 2006 model and has done 150,000km. Have replaced timing belt and reset warning light. I have new air cleaner and fuel filter. Scanner does not detect any fault. It starts easily and does not stall at all. I experience speed loss when going up an incline (C5 Ortigas flyover) where I have to shift to low gear to try to maintain speed. Have difficulty going up basement parking ramps and need some bwelo to manage to get up. Definitely not clutch problem since engine RPM goes down together with speed and may stall. It has very poor acceleration but seems to be fine at low driving speeds, say up to 40kph. But acceleration is very poor when I enter SLEX or NLEX. I will appreciate any help. God bless.
    I finally solved the gradual engine power loss on Innova D4D diesel by having the fuel TANK pulled down and cleaned. Diesel fuel is quite dirty and over time it accumulates in the different parts of the car. It is required to regularly replace the fuel filter in the engine. But there is a filter INSIDE the tank of the Innova. Another recent experience is when the pipes to the injectors were removed while replacing the valve cover gasket due to oil leak. The engine regained power possibly because some accumulated dirt was removed from the pipe line to the injectors. Cleaning the injectors might have minimal effect but this may have been cleaned in the process of removing the injectors.
    Another issue is when I experienced sudden power loss after the SCV was replaced, again while trying to improve or recover power. The car went into "Limp Mode" or would stall or run only up to about 15-30kph. The cable to the fuel pump temperature sensor was loosened or disconnected. Reconnecting this properly, observing correct polarity, solved this problem. More info on this with pictures can be found in facebook page Toyota Innova Owners Phils.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by MikroTechie View Post
    I finally solved the gradual engine power loss on Innova D4D diesel by having the fuel TANK pulled down and cleaned. Diesel fuel is quite dirty and over time it accumulates in the different parts of the car. It is required to regularly replace the fuel filter in the engine. But there is a filter INSIDE the tank of the Innova. Another recent experience is when the pipes to the injectors were removed while replacing the valve cover gasket due to oil leak. The engine regained power possibly because some accumulated dirt was removed from the pipe line to the injectors. Cleaning the injectors might have minimal effect but this may have been cleaned in the process of removing the injectors.
    Another issue is when I experienced sudden power loss after the SCV was replaced, again while trying to improve or recover power. The car went into "Limp Mode" or would stall or run only up to about 15-30kph. The cable to the fuel pump temperature sensor was loosened or disconnected. Reconnecting this properly, observing correct polarity, solved this problem. More info on this with pictures can be found in facebook page Toyota Innova Owners Phils.
    Sir MikroTechie, which service station did you have your fuel tank and filter cleaned? I have gone to my "suki" gas service stations and they all don't do such cleaning. Do you think an EGR clean will do good also? Thank you in advance.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Diesel fuel, in itself, is quite clean. The 'dirt' that is seen accumulating in the tank and sometimes clogging the filters are likely caused by Diesel Bugs. They thrive where there are water molecules or condensation and when there are air pockets. The fuel is already treated with biocides when they leave the refinery to slow down the growth but in due time, if the fuel is not maintained well or is kept too long in the tank, the organisms will still multiply and produce that brown/muddy crud that sticks to anything the fuel touches.

Diesel Bug Explained - Bacteria Contamination of Diesel - Freephone 8 933 939 for more info

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Toyota Innova D4D diesel power loss (corrected)