New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sir san po kayo nagpacleaning at ok naman po ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MikroTechie View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. you and vinj are both correct. I managed to get my injectors cleaned at Motor Doctor in Antipolo for less than P2,000. It's a one to 2-hour job depending on how stubborn some bolts are and how long it takes to clean the injectors. Other shops offer to sell "remanufactured" injectors when in fact a high power ultrasonic cleaning will do the job. My Innova now runs quite fine.
    mikrotechie what is the exact address of Motor Doctor in Antipolo? they do EGR cleaning also?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Please see my earlier reply. It should cost you less than P2,000 for a D4D engine.
    By the way, after my earlier report of fix by cleaning the injectors, the power was still low and I still experienced progressive power loss after a couple of months. The Final fix that seems to have brought back almost full power was cleaning fuel tank filter. It cost me P750 at a Shell gas station and now I'm quite happy with the performance of my Innova diesel. A friend as well as Toyota service recommended this fix. It worked!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    By the way, after my earlier report of fix by cleaning the injectors, the power was still low and I still experienced progressive power loss after a couple of months. The Final fix that seems to have brought back almost full power was cleaning fuel tank filter. It cost me P750 at a Shell gas station and now I'm quite happy with the performance of my Innova diesel. A friend as well as Toyota service recommended this fix. It worked!
    thanks for sharing....:car:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011

What do you mean by fuel tank filter? ung buong fuel tank ba? parang wala naman fuel filter ang fuel tank. ang pinaka fuel filter/fuel water separator ay right beside the engine bay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Good info. It was just cleaned and not replaced?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Please see my earlier reply. It should cost you less than P2,000 for a D4D engine.
    Hi All,
    I finally got my Innova power loss problem fixed. Got my fuel tank and filter cleaned at a Shell gas station for P750.00. The fuel filter inside was quite dirty restricting fuel flow to the engine.
    Now it works quite well, nearly like it was when I bought the car.
    I initially thought it was the SCV valve or the fuel injector needs calibration or replacement. Got the injector cleaned with some improvement. Only when I got the fuel tank cleaned (of course with the fuel filter in the engine replaced), did I get the engine behave well as it should. Thank God!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    What do you mean by fuel tank filter? ung buong fuel tank ba? parang wala naman fuel filter ang fuel tank. ang pinaka fuel filter/fuel water separator ay right beside the engine bay.
    Yes, meron filter sa loob ng tank. They had to pull down the tank and clean the inside esp. the filter. Need to raise the car to be able to remove it so a gas station providing this service is a good place. Mas mura pa kaysa sa Toyota o repair shops.
    I'll try to find a way to post the pictures and send the link later.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Paki tingnan ang mga pictures sa Facebook "Toyota Innova Owners". Meron ding pictures ng cleaning ng fuel injectors.
    Later I will post pictures on how the alternator was repaired. Medyo tricky kung tingnan pero easy lang pala.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Paki tingnan ang mga pictures sa Facebook "Toyota Innova Owners". Meron ding pictures ng cleaning ng fuel injectors.
    Later I will post pictures on how the alternator was repaired. Medyo tricky kung tingnan pero easy lang pala.
    aabangan ko po ito

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Toyota Innova D4D diesel power loss (corrected)