New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi. can anybody help me regarding Toyota Innova D4D power loss. Mine is Innova E manual 2006 model and has done 150,000km. Have replaced timing belt and reset warning light. I have new air cleaner and fuel filter. Scanner does not detect any fault. It starts easily and does not stall at all. I experience speed loss when going up an incline (C5 Ortigas flyover) where I have to shift to low gear to try to maintain speed. Have difficulty going up basement parking ramps and need some bwelo to manage to get up. Definitely not clutch problem since engine RPM goes down together with speed and may stall. It has very poor acceleration but seems to be fine at low driving speeds, say up to 40kph. But acceleration is very poor when I enter SLEX or NLEX. I will appreciate any help. God bless.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    By the way, I have replaced the SCV with the new longer model type to no avail. Still poor or low power or acceleration though I can reach 100+kph on NLEX.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    per experience, such problems (poor climbing power) are usually connected to the injectors. Dirty injectors. Try to have Denso take a check at it if you can.

No turbo leaks? Turbo works fine?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds either like a boost issue or a fuel issue.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think the culprit is your injectors. I suggest you to visit central diesel in quezon ave. corner sgt magbanua. I had the same issue like yours.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ab3t View Post
    I think the culprit is your injectors. I suggest you to visit central diesel in quezon ave. corner sgt magbanua. I had the same issue like yours.

will they clean the clog injectors? how much will be the damage?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ab3t View Post
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. you and vinj are both correct. I managed to get my injectors cleaned at Motor Doctor in Antipolo for less than P2,000. It's a one to 2-hour job depending on how stubborn some bolts are and how long it takes to clean the injectors. Other shops offer to sell "remanufactured" injectors when in fact a high power ultrasonic cleaning will do the job. My Innova now runs quite fine.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    By the way I have some pictures of the injectors before and after cleaning. I just don't know how to post them here.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    will they clean the clog injectors? how much will be the damage?
    Please see my earlier reply. It should cost you less than P2,000 for a D4D engine.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Toyota Innova D4D diesel power loss (corrected)