New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Get the Hilux.

Don't worry, the Hilux' D4D engine isn't affected by the current woes that the Fortuner & Innovas are experiencing.

ano bang D4d engine ng hilux?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    ano bang D4d engine ng hilux?
    2.5 L D4D engine din ang Hi-lux

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myas110 View Post
    2.5 L D4D engine din ang Hi-lux
    same with innova 2.5L? and fortuner 2.5L? bakit hindi affected ang hilux sa D4d problem? sorry OT

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    same with innova 2.5L? and fortuner 2.5L? bakit hindi affected ang hilux sa D4d problem? sorry OT
    ask ka nalang sa hilux thread. di ko alam kung pareho sila ng engine or magkakaiba.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's no reason for them not to have the same problems. The Hilux D4D is identical to that of the Innova and Fortuner. The Hilux and Fortuner are completely identical, in fact, except for the rear body shell and suspension.

Just met a gentleman who's replaced all his injectors and his turbo... didn't ask how old his Toyota was, though.

The IPV engine is relatively bulletproof, and you can expect trouble free running (with proper maintenance) for at least 200,000 kilometers, and up to 400-500k kilometers without any fuel system issues, if you're lucky. And it can run on veggie diesel, to boot, with no issues.

Isuzu also offers the four-seat D-Max with a non-CRDi variant, using the Crosswind 4JA1, which should be similarly problem free, and much better as a family vehicle than the IPV. Both are pretty cruddy cars compared to the HiLux, but if you're looking for a workhorse, they're pretty good. Ford also offers the base-model Ranger in non-CRDi format. Mitsubishi's base Strada (at 850k... both D-Max and Ranger non-CRdi are around the same price) already has a CRDi system, and is probably the most bang for your buck as a family-safe pick-up (best crash rating amongst pickups, too), since it has more power and more comfort than the HiLux, though cargo capacity isn't that great.
    Last edited by niky; May 6th, 2010 at 12:22 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010

Hi I am from England and be coming to live in the Phils by the end of this year, I was in Manila again last year and visted Toyota in Manila. I tried to look at the top model Hilux there and this was very basic to say the least, they wanted to sell me what they had which fall well below the standard of Hilux's here in England Europe and the U.S...which I though was really bad. I thought well I am the costumer so I am the one to say what I want and they give it to me...right?

Have you see what Australia as for there Hilux V6 power machine...just google it you will find it there...let me know if you have there in the the Phils yet??

Don't worry, the Hilux' D4D engine isn't affected by the current woes that the Fortuner & Innovas are experiencing.

The FX is more stylish, yes. And I guess it's not only perfect for business use but it's also perfect for family use too. It has this somewhat " classy " styling that the Isuzu hasn't or never will have.

It's funny actually that Toyota haven't stripped the features down on the FX. Chrome stuffs etc. etc. :hysterical:

The FX is worth the grab IMO. So until you've got the money and Toyota haven't stripped down the features yet ... get the FX. [/quote]

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by stew2950 View Post
    Hi I am from England and be coming to live in the Phils by the end of this year, I was in Manila again last year and visted Toyota in Manila. I tried to look at the top model Hilux there and this was very basic to say the least, they wanted to sell me what they had which fall well below the standard of Hilux's here in England Europe and the U.S...which I though was really bad. I thought well I am the costumer so I am the one to say what I want and they give it to me...right?

Have you see what Australia as for there Hilux V6 power machine...just google it you will find it there...let me know if you have there in the the Phils yet??
    There's no market locally for a V6 Hilux. The only big-engined pickup we get locally is the Ford F150, and that only sells in small numbers. Filipino buyers are allergic to big engines... Filipinos with enough money to buy V6 pickups prefer to spend their money on full-on seven-seat SUVs.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Our church has a whole fleet of IPVs (some old, some new) for shuttle service, the old one is very jittery and loud but the new one is fine, having better seats, cooler aircon, softer ride and you won't be hearing much of the engine inside due to far more superior noise insulation compared to the old model (Fuego vs D-Max? layo...). The nice stereo is a plus too, and you can add subwoofers in the back if you want. Not sure about the Hilux FX, it's body and interior should be at least at par with the IPV and the engine much better in terms of performance, but never buy this if you live in far flung places... malulugi ka sa business mo sa pagrerepair ng choked engine due to bad diesel. And commonrail engine maintenance ain't cheap too.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sorry I had to dig up this thread. I have an entrepreneur relative who is looking to buy a second hand business vehicle to replace their 2008 JAC Princess FB (which just recently had an overhaul ). They are looking between a 2009 Isuzu IPV and a 2009 Toyota Hilux FX. I would like to ask as to the fuel mileage of both and parts cost and availability for the Hilux FX? Anyone here who can help? TIA!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Anybody knows the actual dimension of the rear body (kaha) of the Hilux FX? We're interested in it, however, we want to replicate the dimension but modify some panels like the deletion of the glass, etc. (Jeep-Type kumbaga). Of course, my estimate is that it will be much cheaper.

I tried inquiring in various dealerships around manila. Not even the sales managers know this.

Help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Toyota hilux fx or isuzu IPV?