New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 99 of 200 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *atog: Tignan niyo, sir, kung may nakalagay na MF sa battery niyo kasi meaning niyan Maintenance Free. Pero meron pa bang lumalabas ngayon na bagong vehicles na naka non MF lalo sa mga Grandia models? I am gonna check mine if ever I can get my unit tomorrow. Usually pag bago at wala ka naman idinagdag na accessories, umaabot yan ng more than 2 yrs.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    *atog: Tignan niyo, sir, kung may nakalagay na MF sa battery niyo kasi meaning niyan Maintenance Free. Pero meron pa bang lumalabas ngayon na bagong vehicles na naka non MF lalo sa mga Grandia models? I am gonna check mine if ever I can get my unit tomorrow. Usually pag bago at wala ka naman idinagdag na accessories, umaabot yan ng more than 2 yrs.
    naku di ko ma check at dito ako sa barko now..noon nilinisan ko na pansin ko lang made in japan siya white color then transparent yun battery,then para may filler cap eh..not sure ha..
    anyway 32k na mileage ng GL ko 1year old palang,pansin ko lang sa grandia ang ingay ng makina,maugong..

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *atog: I am going to Otis tom and hopefully if I can get the unit, balitaan kita, sir, kung ano ang nilagay ng Toyota Phil sa SG leather monotone variant. Baka kasi magkaiba tayo since GL ung unit mo.

Ang alam ko kasi pag ung may mga bilog sa taas ng battery, hindi MF ung ganon. Yan ata ung nilalagyan ng pang battery na water (I don't know what it is called).

Ung sa maugong, properly maintained ba ung GL mo, sir? Marami kasing pwedeng panggalingan ng ugong. Pwedeng air filter, muffler, tires, belts. Kung ibang oil ang ginamit mo, baka ayaw ng makina mo un. May mga engine oils kasi na parang ayaw ng makina natin. Kung sino man ang nagmi maintain ng van mo dito, sir, habang nasa barko, sabihin mo ipa check.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    The battery of the SG is GS YUASA brand. Not maintenance free. Need to check the battery fluid level from time to time.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    *atog: I am going to Otis tom and hopefully if I can get the unit, balitaan kita, sir, kung ano ang nilagay ng Toyota Phil sa SG leather monotone variant. Baka kasi magkaiba tayo since GL ung unit mo.

Ang alam ko kasi pag ung may mga bilog sa taas ng battery, hindi MF ung ganon. Yan ata ung nilalagyan ng pang battery na water (I don't know what it is called).

Ung sa maugong, properly maintained ba ung GL mo, sir? Marami kasing pwedeng panggalingan ng ugong. Pwedeng air filter, muffler, tires, belts. Kung ibang oil ang ginamit mo, baka ayaw ng makina mo un. May mga engine oils kasi na parang ayaw ng makina natin. Kung sino man ang nagmi maintain ng van mo dito, sir, habang nasa barko, sabihin mo ipa check.
    im using ordinary oil from toyota,every 5k change oil na siya..naka proper maintained kasi ginagamit sa negosyo..palagay maingay siya kasi nasa ilalin ng driver seat yun engine..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by richardesc View Post
    The battery of the SG is GS YUASA brand. Not maintenance free. Need to check the battery fluid level from time to time.
    mga ilan years kaya tatagal sir..

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I already got my unit this morning today.

The SG is really a passenger oriented van. Its leather seats, capt seats with the tv and all, it feels luxurious inside. I also love that the antenna is not on the pillar anymore giving it a cleaner look in front. I love the easy door closer, the instrument panel, navigation system, just lovely. Add to that the spacious cabin. I can stay there all day as a passenger.

But driving it would be really different. The acceleration is good! Now I know why the Commuter UV Express drivers drive like they are driving a race car. It's pretty nimble. Just a press on the pedal and it will zoom. I really didn't expect the engine to perform like that in a van that big and I think because it has a light body, GVW is 2020 kgs, Then the turning radius is really tight and small.

The downside is, it is indeed much noisier as compared to the engine being in front. I could hear and feel the engine under the seat, being the driver. For the passengers, the noise is really more audible especially while it's gaining momentum or during uphill unless you go easy on the gas pedal. But it is not that bad. I can compare it to my aunt's Starex GRX, just a tad lower on the noise level and no feeling of grumbling of engine under the seat. No, it's not hot on the butt.

That's why sir, atog, I know now what you mean when you said "maugong". I agree with you that it is due that the engine is under the driver seat. By the way, I was so busy today and I didn't have the time to check the battery.

Overall, I love the SG. This is the van for me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ congrats on the new ride. Be aware also of the vertical clearance in some parking buildings/basements to avoid the pain of hearing metal scraping on your roof. How about considering a chip upgrade for a little more power?

Im still a fan of the Super Grandia even if the likes of the Starex have more power ans amenities; i guess partly because of the big boxy shape that seems to age well so far. I think our Grandia needs to have the EGR cleaned. I feel it lost some of that mid range oomph it used to have to catch 1300 and 1600 cars off guard.
    Last edited by vinj; August 24th, 2014 at 10:55 AM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *atog: Same as sir richardesc, my battery is also GS YUASA brand. Color white siya, sir, na parang transparent and may bilog bilog din on top. Parang galing sa Japan kasi may Japanese characters written on it.

Im not sure kung gaano katagal ito kasi kakakuha ko palang ang unit ko. Ganyan din ung kay sir richardesc, Aug. 15 niya nakuha ung unit niya kaya hindi din niya masasabi kung gaano katagal ung kanya.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    *Josh888: Sir, I opened the engine bay kaso hindi ko alam kung alin doon ung sa air filter. Hindi ako marunong tumingin pag ang engine nasa ilalim ng upuan.hehe I looked in the manual, nasa may passenger headlight level. Naidaan ko sa baha when I got home the other day after getting the unit, ok naman. I don't know kung gaano kalalim un pero when I looked at the oncoming vehicles, Vios and Accent taxi, medyo abot doon sa bottom part ng front bumpers nila.

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]