New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 68 of 200 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EOS View Post

Here it is
    Fog lamps na yan! Ipa-paint protection mo na rin

FC of the m/t Grandia is quite good given it's size. I still do around 11km/L on a Manila - Baguio - Manila drive with city traffic, passengers and baggage, hard passing on 3rd and 4th gear, and a heavy foot on the highway. If you have the budget to change tires to the 225/75R15 from the Super Grandia variants, do so as it will make it even more stable on the highway.

Take note also of the hanging on steep inclines, it takes a little getting used to as you can sometimes slide the tires or bog down the engine. ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Though I'm a GS CRDi owner, I've always had a soft spot for a Grandia -- be it GL or SG. It's got that butch look - wide and macho - that the GS will not have. Sure it's more of an aerodynamic brick than the GS, but I think it's more imposing coz of the dimensions. Was saving my old Prado 17" mags coz my dad floated the idea that he was getting a Grandia. Sayang that fell thru in favor of an Innova.

Though I'll probably enjoy driving the GS more, coz it's a little more car-like, I would surely like to drive the Grandia on an occasional basis. It'll be fun to take around.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    *vinj,

san ok magpa install ng oem fog lamps aside from casa?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vinj magsabi ka ng totoo. Hahaha.

Fog Lamp Time:

Only gripe is the switch is more suited to older Toyota Models (like my '94). Newer models use a rounder edged switch. However, the guys managed to make it work well enough.

Try other brands if you are not to thrilled with the switch.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by brf View Post
    *vinj,

san ok magpa install ng oem fog lamps aside from casa?
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Vinj magsabi ka ng totoo. Hahaha.

Only gripe is the switch is more suited to older Toyota Models (like my '94). Newer models use a rounder edged switch. However, the guys managed to make it work well enough.

Try other brands if you are not to thrilled with the switch.
    Hehe... Kay Jemson naman talaga ako nagpakabit dati ah. Try canvassing the foglamps around shops like Autospecs (ask Otep where he got his... i think he posted it on another thread), and tell them to give you the price na walang kasamang kabit so max discounts yun. With Jemson, he'll take better care of doing the wiring and install as compared to the accessory shops which can sometimes do a rush job, especially pag maraming customer.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    planning to get a van, either gs or sg. is it true that the front seat easily heats up on the s.grandia?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The oldest Grandia in the fleet is a 2006 model, i think and it doesnt have hot seat issues yet.

There is some heat but not enough to be a bother.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    planning to get a van, either gs or sg. is it true that the front seat easily heats up on the s.grandia?
    No real heating issues whatsoever on the seats. You'll feel the panel to be warm but there's no ball frying action like that of the L300. :D
    Last edited by vinj; June 12th, 2012 at 01:59 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi all.

We have a 2000 model Grandia - I'd just like to ask ano yung load/speed rating ng stock tires ng mga HiAce ninyo.

Pinalitan kasi yung gulong, parang nakakatakot yung load rating ng bagong tires, mas mataas pa yung load rating ng gulong ng sedan namin.

I no longer have the original tyres so I cannot check. I have also looked in the owner's manual and called toyota - they only have the spec but no load rating.

Our van looks like this (credits to the owner of the picture)

Thanks!
    Last edited by mda; June 13th, 2012 at 03:13 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Hi all.

We have a 2000 model Grandia - I'd just like to ask ano yung load/speed rating ng stock tires ng mga HiAce ninyo.

Pinalitan kasi yung gulong, parang nakakatakot yung load rating ng bagong tires, mas mataas pa yung load rating ng gulong ng sedan namin.

I no longer have the original tyres so I cannot check. I have also looked in the owner's manual and called toyota - they only have the spec but no load rating.

Our van looks like this (credits to the owner of the picture)

Thanks!
    The original tyres of the Hiace are usually light truck tires. The Bridgestone R623 that came stock on the GL Grandia series (we're using 215/70R15 of this model now) has a rating of 106.

BTW, we also had a 2001 Hiace Super Grandia and 2003 GL Grandia before we got the 2008 GL Grandia we currently use. The comfort and interior of those models are really good (nice thick captains chairs similar to the JDM market and coil spring suspension).
    Last edited by vinj; June 13th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Toyota Hiace Commuter/GL Grandia/Super Grandia Owners & Discussions Thread [Merged]